Pyro Pete

Would you accept £4.8m for Rashica?

The Pink Un are reporting today that Galatasaray are offering €5.5 million (£4.8m) for Rashica.

Seeing as we paid around £8.8m for him, would you accept that deal?

Depends on wages, bonuses etc. If we don’t have to compensate him for any difference in what we were paying him compared to what he gets at Galatasary or any promotion bonus if we do go up this season (as happened with Naismith), then it’s probably best to cut our losses. I can’t see him coming back if we do go up and being very different to last season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd see if another one comes in. Celtic played it brilliantly with Ajer and the price ended up out of our bracket. But I wouldn't be averse to a sale just to get the wages off.

54 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

The Pink Un are reporting today that Galatasaray are offering €5.5 million (£4.8m) for Rashica.

Seeing as we paid around £8.8m for him, would you accept that deal?

Don't know how long his contract is for but it will also save us several million in wages.

It depends upon whether you think that he could do a decent job in the Premier league under different circumstances and if you think that we will get there this season.

If you think "no" to both, I can't see any case for keeping him and testing the market seems sensible - it might rustle up some Bundesliga interest.

I'd let him go on a free if it meant we didn't have to pay a penny more on his wages and never had to watch him play again. £4.8m is basically winning the lottery at this point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd see if another one comes in. Celtic played it brilliantly with Ajer and the price ended up out of our bracket. But I wouldn't be averse to a sale just to get the wages off.

But Ajer is actually a decent footballer. 

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Who else would pay more?

Parma

Us.

• Haha 5

A  good price for someone who did a number on Webber, but is only rumour at this stage.

Yes. With a decent sell on clause.  Either he is as bad as we fear in which case £4.8m looks a great price or he is as good as we'd hoped in which case we'll want a cut of his next move ...

• Like 1

Well if nobody thinks we will get more than £4.8m for him, then that suggests we paid way too much for him in the first place; that's a hell of depreciation in a little over one season! Even worse if you add on his wages that he got when in the EPL!

Horrendous piece of business.

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

But Ajer is actually a decent footballer. 

You clearly haven't watched him enough!

I'd say definitely yes but with a decent sell on clause just in case another club gets duped into spending big on him in the future (or in case he realises his potential if you have a more positive opinion of him!)

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well if nobody thinks we will get more than £4.8m for him, then that suggests we paid way too much for him in the first place; that's a hell of depreciation in a little over one season! Even worse if you add on his wages that he got when in the EPL!

Horrendous piece of business.

A players value in a transfer market is only as good as his last season really, sadly he did nothing for us so his value would of plummeted. It’s worth taking just to get his wages off the books and have some money to re invest in the squad for players who want to be here. Preferably young hungry British players like what we did under Lambert where we signed the likes oh Howson, Johnson, Pilkington and Redmond (Hughton). 

i like the way Crystal Palace have built there squad around young British players. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'd write him off as a Norwich option if we return to the Premier League. He was bought to play Premier League football for us and there were some promising glimpses in the Premier League before he was injured. It could well be that Smith might want to give him another go if we're promoted. 

A loan was a good move to keep him playing at a level he's happy with for the time being and keep the wage costs down.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

there were some promising glimpses in the Premier League before he was injured.

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in months (and there's been some stiff competition). He's proven to be not good enough for the Championship. There's no way he'll ever play in the Premier League again. The only time he looked ok was against League One Charlton. That's about his level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in months (and there's been some stiff competition). He's proven to be not good enough for the Championship. There's no way he'll ever play in the Premier League again. The only time he looked ok was against League One Charlton. That's about his level.

I recall Michael Bailey thought similar to myself, but I guess it's all opinion. The fact the Rashica loan had no permanent clause in it makes me think they didn't necessarily want to permanently rid themselves of him. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

We signed him for about £9m with a 15% sell on clause. I understand his value would have dropped, but considering he didn’t turn out how I thought he would (just like Drmic) I think it might be best just to get rid of him for what they offer, as I reckon he’s on high wages and I don’t think he has any desire to play for us ever again. As others have said, I think a decent sell on clause would be a good idea as with Galatasary he’ll be playing in Europe and so I do believe they could pump his value back up again

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

I recall Michael Bailey thought similar, but I guess it's all opinion. 

It's informed opinion. I watched him play a lot of times and observed him destroy just about every attack that went through him by being unable to simply pass and move. Always too many touches and running down blind alleys. If he ever did beat his man then he would just head for the channels before crossing the ball for the keeper to catch. The man has no footballing intelligence and very limited ability. 

He should be a part of the team this season, Poorly handled in my opinion.

Sarge could've gone the same way as Rashica, but instead he was the championship top scorer only a few weeks back.

I'd love to know if Milot had no interest in playing for us, or if it was more mutual and we didn't think he was worth his salary.  It's just stupid that we're playing a system where you need wingers to take the ball past people, and he's nowhere to be seen.

Mentally he was nowhere near with it on the field before he went on loan this season, but we've seen him skin and turn many prem defences at times last season.  Just needed to refine and focus his final delivery, he'd be an absolute menace at this level.

He showed very little in EPL, and I don't believe he'd do any better with another bite at the cherry. The fact he looked pretty awful in EFL s well and wasn't up to this season's fight I'd get rid of asap.

One would hope the 5.5m euro would be an opening bid and we'd up that. But i'd take it and use that money to strengthen. If we could get a solid defender then we might be laughing! 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

It's informed opinion. I watched him play a lot of times and observed him destroy just about every attack that went through him by being unable to simply pass and move. Always too many touches and running down blind alleys. If he ever did beat his man then he would just head for the channels before crossing the ball for the keeper to catch. The man has no footballing intelligence and very limited ability. 

Sure. Mine's not that informed, but Michael Bailey's is also informed opinion and he seemed more on song with what I thought prior to injury and relegation. 

https://theathletic.com/3059664/2022/01/09/rashicas-goal-scoring-return-gives-norwich-the-thing-theyd-been-missing-a-sliver-of-hope/

• Like 1