Good for them - it must be nice to get out and about a bit.  It’s just a ‘shame’ for the club that they couldn’t be bothered attending in the preceding 15-20 years which has left them where they are.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Unfortunately they've got things right this season- good manager, good signings, new owners who have reinvigorated the club.

Lots of what they are doing to re-engage their fans reminds me of us around 2001-02- cheap tickets for kids, special offers to try and pack the ground and an acceptance that they are better of having 25000 people in at £15-20 a pop than 16000 in at £30-40.

If they do go up though they might have to temper expectations- you can see lots of Sunderland fans at the minute who clearly thought once they were out of League One that a Premier League return would inevitably follow and are now getting frustrated. I imagine Ipswich would be in a similar position.

Oh the other takeaway from that stat is a reminder we should get on with ground expansion. The only reason they can get more than us is because they have more seats and can therefore do the kind of ticket offers we used to do. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

Unfortunately they've got things right this season- good manager, good signings, new owners who have reinvigorated the club.

Lots of what they are doing to re-engage their fans reminds me of us around 2001-02- cheap tickets for kids, special offers to try and pack the ground and an acceptance that they are better of having 25000 people in at £15-20 a pop than 16000 in at £30-40.

If they do go up though they might have to temper expectations- you can see lots of Sunderland fans at the minute who clearly thought once they were out of League One that a Premier League return would inevitably follow and are now getting frustrated. I imagine Ipswich would be in a similar position.

As I have said before the best thing about a possible Ipswich promotion to the championship is the chance of getting to watch them get relegated back to leauge one 

Worrying about the opposition attendances. What next? They have more streetlights? Their roundabouts are prettier? The average length of an Ipswich male todger is 1mm longer and thicker than any male Norwich supporter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is an interesting turn around.  In fairness they have been sooo poorly run for many years, and finally they have the chance to get behind something.  I get that.  
I fear we have currently reached our ceiling, which is why we are seeing empty seats more often these days and the atmosphere is flat, but looking at some prem and championship games, there is evidence of people voting with their feet….football has lost its competitiveness…..unless you have suddenly come good in league 1 it would appear. 

• Like 1

I think playing non League Bracknell in round one of the FA Cup tells you all you need to know. Twenty years out of the top flight and fours years in LI merely adds to that. They have our four league titles to catch up on, over those wilderness years. I will accept though, that removing the tree growing on the roof and planning to put down a modern pitch is an improvement, of sorts. But a young child growing more than an adult does not mean it is then taller.

Edited by PockthorpePete
  • Like 1

Didn't they do a buy 1 ticket get 2 free promotion recently? Makes it a tad easier one would suggest. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

I expect actual attendance is much higher too.  As these figures are seats sold, right?

Not that it matters, but they do have a larger, somewhat aging ****tier stadium - But I would love to see how many we would average were our capacity pushed to 30k+.

As I said when I saw the post on FB... At least we don't have a tree growing out of our stadium roof 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Didn't they do a buy 1 ticket get 2 free promotion recently? Makes it a tad easier one would suggest. 

I think they've done 3 of those promotions this season.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think they've done 3 of those promotions this season.

I think it’s 3 games for £45, but yeah, the promotions have helped the attendances 

Yeah they done 3 for £45 for October according to something I read on here. In reality the difference in attendances is potentially even greater as we know ours include season ticket holders, some of which have been leaving their seats vacant this season.

Similar ticket offers for us are more challenging due to the lack of ground capacity and the average cost per game paid by ST holders.

At the end of the day what you see on the pitch and the success of the team will always impact attendances, no matter how little you charge.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

an acceptance that they are better of having 25000 people in at £15-20 a pop than 16000 in at £30-40.

Strictly speaking they’re not though.

Yours pedantically 😘

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Similar ticket offers for us are more challenging due to the lack of ground capacity and the average cost per game paid by ST holders.

An excellent opportunity to remember that the ground is too small and needs expansion!

Personally I think kids for a quid is always worth doing even if we as a club could sell the seats for full price.  Get youngsters in and most or many of them will be supporters for life.

I first had a season ticket for the 95/96 season, checking wikipedia our average attendance that year in Div 1 (i.e. 2nd tier) was 14,581 (and no, I wasn't young enough to qualify for a kids for a quid ticket 🤣 I wish).  That was nearly 30 years ago, when I go to games now there are plenty of our fans who are too young to remember that time, it's fantastic that we're now getting 10,000 per week more in the 2nd tier than we did then, and getting the next generation of fans through should always be the priority IMO.

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yours pedantically 😘

Yep that old chestnut again.

The issue for NCFC is having vacant seats on matchday adding nothing to revenue or atmosphere.

1. Just a reminder of our owners failure to expand the ground despite all of the opportunities we've had. Really is holding us back as we would be getting 30,000 plus for some games (all games at prem level) if we had the capacity; but

2. The recent 3 games that have pushed their average up were sold as a package where it was £45 for adults for all 3 games £20 for under 23's and £10 or £3 for kids and some of the earlier games had promotions and cheap ticket prices also. They have learnt at last and are copying our tactic from the 90's/00's of getting youngsters into the ground to build support levels. Possibly no coincidence this happens after they poached a number of our staff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yours pedantically 😘

Financially no, but it isn't limited to that.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah they done 3 for £45 for October according to something I read on here. In reality the difference in attendances is potentially even greater as we know ours include season ticket holders, some of which have been leaving their seats vacant this season.

At the end of the day what you see on the pitch and the success of the team will always impact attendances, no matter how little you charge.

Perhaps our season ticket holders leaving their seats vacant have been moonlighting...

😯

Edited by nutty nigel

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I believe Norwich count the attendance as tickets sold, whether season tickets or casual. I would imagine Ipswich are doing the same

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I expect actual attendance is much higher too.  As these figures are seats sold, right?

Not that it matters, but they do have a larger, somewhat aging ****tier stadium - But I would love to see how many we would average were our capacity pushed to 30k+.

…and you don’t think it is tickets sold for them too?  It’s standard practice. 

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

…and you don’t think it is tickets sold for them too?  It’s standard practice. 

Point I made is that the ACTUAL attendance difference will be greater.

We've got over 21k season tickets holders to push the numbers, despite lagging attendance in those areas.

I think they have around 15k season tickets so are pushing an additional 10k in casual ticket sales as an average.  That's signficantly different.

Edited by Google Bot

59 minutes ago, AJ said:

I believe Norwich count the attendance as tickets sold, whether season tickets or casual. I would imagine Ipswich are doing the same

Yes I suspect they are but I would guess there aren't as many empty seats there compared to us so the difference in occupied seats is in even greater.