Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

A Team untill the end of the season

We arent getting in the play offs, but we arent going down so why doesnt nigel play the youth and give people a chance.

How about this

Green

Cave Brown         Doherty            Shackall         Drury

Mcveigh            Safri                  Spillane         Huckerby

Earnshaw            Ryan J

Subs, gallagher, rossi J, jarret, hendo and johansen.

This would give promising youngsters a chance too prove themselves, mcveigh and jarvo can fight for a contract, and it is still a good side. This 11, would do better than the players we are using. Rehman, etuhu, robinson, thorne etc simply arent up to it and in rehmans case wont be here next season and is no better than shackall.

This is just a thought because worthy wont do it because he loves is aging, overpaid wasters too much.

I would love that to happen. Definatly liking Earnshaw and Ryan Jarvis up front. But thats never going to happen while Nigel Worthington is in charge! 

WORTHY OUT NOW!!!!

Generally agree but would select Colin instead of Cave-Brown and McKenzie instead of Ryan Jarvis.

Rossi & Ryan Jarvis should be amongst the subs as should Joe Lewis.

Fleming has also played well enough in the right back position to be amongst the subs.

Nothing to lose now - and everything to gain.  Can''t see Worthless doing it, however. 

Royle, Boothroyd and Dowie got there first - and Worthless is a proud man....  [:@]

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

We arent getting in the play offs, but we arent going down so why doesnt nigel play the youth and give people a chance.

How about this

Green

Cave Brown         Doherty            Shackall         Drury

Mcveigh            Safri                  Spillane         Huckerby

Earnshaw            Ryan J

Subs, gallagher, rossi J, jarret, hendo and johansen.

This would give promising youngsters a chance too prove themselves, mcveigh and jarvo can fight for a contract, and it is still a good side. This 11, would do better than the players we are using. Rehman, etuhu, robinson, thorne etc simply arent up to it and in rehmans case wont be here next season and is no better than shackall.

This is just a thought because worthy wont do it because he loves is aging, overpaid wasters too much.

[/quote]

I agree 100% what is the point of playing loan players or even players who are not going to be here next year (McVeigh? won`t be if Worthy is IMHO)

Once we are safe I think we should give Joe Lewis some experience in front of a big crowd also, maybe a half or 30 mins here and there.

Whats the point of playing a back 4 including Rehman and Flem. when neither may be playing next year.

We desperately need a clear out, let the young lads play, at least we can get a chance to see what they can do.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]i wouldn;''t start with cave-brown or spillane because it is a big step up and to play in a struggling side can damage a young player[/quote] I couldn''t agree more. I want to see younger players given a chance but I really don''t think it''s right to throw them all in the staring line up when there''s such an air of discontent around the ground. If they don''t do well the fans will be quick to start booing the manager which won''t have a good impact on the youngsters. It would be good to see some of them on the bench and actually given a run but I don''t think they should be involved more than that at the moment.

I agree that all the players mentioned should be given a chance, and I don''t mean "last ten minutes as substitute", but starting and a full game, or at least until stamina runs out. Youngsters have less fear and will put some effort in.They want to play, to impress. They are not on long contracts at very high wages, and wanting to coast.The only question I have is whether so many could be included at one time, or whether  they should be included in a staggered way, and promised,  say, three games.I would have Mckenzie in somewhere because of his attitude and commitment.

I dont think any fans would boo the young players if we were losing would they? The reason fasn boo is because of generally a lack of effort and the manager picking them.

team for game on saturday and one i would like to see be given a run is

green

colin/mlj      doherty   shackell    drury

mcveigh        jarret      safri           huckerby  

earnshaw   mckenzie

subs: gallagher, rehmann, etuhu/robinson, jj2, jarvis

A team til the end of the season reading?

Just a team would be good at the mo.

GREEN

COLIN                    DOC                           SHACK                        DRURY

MCVEIGH                SAFRI                      SPILLANE                    HUCKS

EARNIE                R. JARVIS

This season is over we need to let the youngsters in and give them a go. They have to be given the oppurtunity to prove themselves. I would opt for colin at right back as i think that given the chance his confidence will build. Fleming is solid at the moment but lets face it he isnt going to be playing much longer. Ryan Jarvis has shown glimpses of what he is capable of but has never had the chance to build on it. Mcveigh is just class, he has vision and shouldnt just be a bench warmer. It would also be an idea to include Mckenzie. He could play as a right winger and mcveigh could move into the centre instead of spillane. He is a playmaker and with him and safri in the centre we would have the basis of a good midfield.

I think the only youth player to ever get a say into worthingtons team was Jarrett at his first club!

Shackell was only brought in because of injuries, likewise to Hendo, both Jarvis''s and Spillane

Agree totally, for me Worthy should have given up on promotion a while back and used what was left of the season to try and make decisions about players on the fringe of the squad like Shackell, the Jarvis''s,Hendo, McVeigh etc...