Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Would you buy Ramsey

I find it unlikely Villa won't offer him a contract even if they don't intend to use him next season. Our best bet might be loaning him again. 

Not yet - it’s way too early and I don’t feel he really started making an impact until recently. Similar case with Hayden - although he’s done quite well since his first appearance, you wouldn’t make a decision on a player after just a few games would you? There’s still another 26 games to play!

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Don’t think we should be planning on what might happen in the future… The plan should be buying players that makes this squad a championship promotion one.

Yes, I agree. And as we have him already and have a chance at promotion this season, why would we waste funds on making him permanent in January? Surely we either negotiate a deal based on getting promoted or we decide he isn't good enough for the EPL and then assess where we are where he is in the summer? What logical argument is there to deplete our meagre budget on him in January, unless you believe there is a significant chance of him becoming an EPL-quality attacking midfielder? And on the latter point, there is nowhere near enough body of evidence to suggest that chance is anything like significant. Let's not forget that his brother hasn't cemented a place in the Aston Villa starting 11 and by the time he was Aaron's age he'd made a hatful of EPL appearances already.

28 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, I agree. And as we have him already and have a chance at promotion this season, why would we waste funds on making him permanent in January? Surely we either negotiate a deal based on getting promoted or we decide he isn't good enough for the EPL and then assess where we are where he is in the summer? What logical argument is there to deplete our meagre budget on him in January, unless you believe there is a significant chance of him becoming an EPL-quality attacking midfielder? And on the latter point, there is nowhere near enough body of evidence to suggest that chance is anything like significant. Let's not forget that his brother hasn't cemented a place in the Aston Villa starting 11 and by the time he was Aaron's age he'd made a hatful of EPL appearances already.

MOM yesterday, by the way. I think if we’re bringing Jacob Ramsey in to the debate, that only supports the argument to buy Aaron Ramsey. 

I think at 19 years old, there is enough evidence to suggest he’s on the trajectory to being a regular EPL player.

I’d buy him in a heartbeat, tbh. But as said previously, this discussion is ultimately irrelevant as we’d never be able to sign him.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

MOM yesterday, by the way. I think if we’re bringing Jacob Ramsey in to the debate, that only supports the argument to buy Aaron Ramsey. 

I think at 19 years old, there is enough evidence to suggest he’s on the trajectory to being a regular EPL player.

I’d buy him in a heartbeat, tbh. But as said previously, this discussion is ultimately irrelevant as we’d never be able to sign him.

I'm pretty sure I've read that people at Villa's academy have rated Aaron as at least a good a prospect as Jacob. But always tricky to gauge how much youthful potential will be realised especially with brothers!!! I see that Jacob Murphy is getting frequent starts (and an assist yesterday) for super- rich 3rd placed Newcastle. Whereas the possibly more talented Josh isn't getting game time with Oxford Utd ( injuries). Well done Jake and let's hope Josh gets back to full fitness