cambridgeshire canary

Aaron Ramsey- Not just Smith's mate?

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

I like Ramsey and I've been able to see the positives he offers from the start. However, the negatives also remain since the start- he always has 10-15 minutes early in the game where he looks like probably the best player on the pitch, and then reverts to a total passenger.

Given what we heard about Sinani and subsequently how he started the season, I'd think he would have contributed similar by now.

What’s happened with Sinani?

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

What’s happened with Sinani?

A bit of promise early in the season but since then has been largely useless when called upon. 

One to offload in January.

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

A bit of promise early in the season but since then has been largely useless when called upon. 

One to offload in January.

I was curious as to how he would fare and he has looked well off the pace the last few times. Bit of a personal opinion here, but I’d be interested to see him deployed as a striker. 

I think Ramsey has done well at times and seems a likeable character but i'm not convinced we needed him and i'm not convinced we woudn't have done just as well if not better with Todd or Dowell or even Nunez playing regularly in that central role behind the striker. He has a lot of games where he is rather ineffective, including Saturday despite his goal. Credit for popping up in the right place at the right time though. 

I don't like loan players keeping our players out of the team.

Once again it was easy to have a pop at Todd because he didn't pass to Sarge. But he did pass it to Sara and Sara messed up. So get off his back. Nunez can pass to the opposition all game and posters love him.

Ramsey looks a decent player but he isn't ours and there is no guarantee he will be. I don't think he is totally ready to play every 90 minutes. He does go missing, an accusation thrown at Todd, at times.

Todd was getting rave reviews when he was playing with better players. Now he is alongside worse players, he won't look as good.