Ignoring the mistake (everybody makes them). I feel he’s really starting to acclimatise to the championship now and we’re starting to see why he’s all about.

Pleased for him.

He’s quite a strange player, clearly has good vision with a (mostly) decent pass, and is a definite threat going forwards with a tendency for popping up in the right place at the right time. His technique is also excellent when it comes to instinctive flicks / deft touches round the corner etc.  

But I can’t get over the fact he doesn’t really ever look fully in control of the ball when at his feet… He has a very chaotic dribbling style. Not sure if it’s just my perception but it feels like there is a lack of composure and technique in these situations, it’s also led him to making some pretty terrible passes at times during games. And I don’t mean that in respect of today with his error, but elsewhere in games where he seems to hit the panic button / doesn’t come across like he knows what to do in tight situations, and ends up passing to no one or running straight into a defender.

I’m sure he will continue to improve and is certainly already proving an effective player, but he isn’t particularly screaming ‘club record signing’ at me.

Then again nearly every player we’ve paid a good sum for has ended up a failure (RvW, Naismith, Rashica, Tzolis) so in that context he’s doing pretty great!

• Like 1

Lovely footballer. 

What impresses me most is that he is clearly very anxious to do well at our club.

Good heart, as they say in certain parts of the world.

Yes, a very capable player with good technique and very good feet.

The pace of the English game caught him out in his first few appearances, but he seems to have adapted to it and there may be more improvement still to come. Now that he has adjusted we need him to play with his head up a little more so that he sees things earlier and moves the ball half a secknd quicker. 

I was at the game yesterday and one of the main thoughts I left with was how he seems to be getting better every time he plays. Industrious and I thought he was pretty influential. As NWC says, that bit of juggling before we took the lead for the second time was impressive. 

• Like 2