Sign in to follow this  
daisy

The drum.

My first experience of "the drum" today and I must say they did us proud. Made it a great atmosphere together with the great support we had. Credit where its due. 

• Like 1

Strangely I thought the drum were on the beat today. Very occasionally drifted from the chants but generally on the mark. Well done!

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Tin Pot AF.

Drums in rock bands YES

Drums at football NO

Sorry to be a kill joy 😄

I agree, though couldn't hear it on me tv. Would facking hate to be stood near one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Tin Pot AF.

Drums in rock bands YES

Drums at football NO

Sorry to be a kill joy 😄

Tin pot AF - why is it?

Trying to create a partisan atmosphere to support the team is not ‘tin pot.’ 

I can’t believe how much backlash positive things can get by fellow supporters sometimes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Tin pot AF - why is it?

Trying to create a partisan atmosphere to support the team is not ‘tin pot.’ 

I can’t believe how much backlash positive things can get by fellow supporters sometimes. 

Each to their own allow people to support the way they wish.

If older fans want to catch up with friends and chat while enjoying the game why is this such a crime?

A bunch of  y00t getting pissed and banging a drum. Great.

In my eyes it's pathetic and further from what I want from a Saturday. With that In mind my season ticket is far enough away from the Barclay / snake pit that I am not impacted.

What about those in the Barclay that don't want to sing or have a drum banged? Should they move to the river end? Do you reach a level in your support where you have to move?

But don't get into this stupid "support" elitism.

It's daft with our fan base divided enough as it is around the manager.

Enjoy your football the way you choose to and kindly don't dictate to others how they should enjoy the match. 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Each to their own allow people to support the way they wish.

If older fans want to catch up with friends and chat while enjoying the game why is this such a crime?

A bunch of  y00t getting pissed and banging a drum. Great.

In my eyes it's pathetic and further from what I want from a Saturday. With that In mind my season ticket is far enough away from the Barclay / snake pit that I am not impacted.

What about those in the Barclay that don't want to sing or have a drum banged? Should they move to the river end? Do you reach a level in your support where you have to move?

But don't get into this stupid "support" elitism.

It's daft with our fan base divided enough as it is around the manager.

Enjoy your football the way you choose to and kindly don't dictate to others how they should enjoy the match. 

Like you say, allow people to support the way they wish. 

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Like you say, allow people to support the way they wish. 

You totally contradicted yourself.

On one hand you say great about the drum calling it positive.

Then you say that which suggests you can see how it's intact not positive for all Involved.

Have an opinion by all means, stick to it though when proven wrong or called out.

For all the heat I get, I stick to my guns and can accept when I'm wrong.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

You totally contradicted yourself.

On one hand you say great about the drum calling it positive.

Then you say that which suggests you can see how it's intact not positive for all Involved.

Have an opinion by all means, stick to it though when proven wrong or called out.

For all the heat I get, I stick to my guns and can accept when I'm wrong.

But all your doing is winging about the drum, instead of letting them get on with it. 

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

But all your doing is winging about the drum, instead of letting them get on with it. 

No I didn't.

I posted that I thought it was tin pot. ( It is a forum and my opinion)  I actually strongly feel that it's obnoxious and promotes everything which is wrong about british football culture. Again my opinion.

You call me out I respond.

Continuing to quote tree me is not me winging it's me responding to something I feel needs addressing.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

No I didn't.

I posted that I thought it was tin pot. ( It is a forum and my opinion)  I actually strongly feel that it's obnoxious and promotes everything which is wrong about british football culture. Again my opinion.

Continuing to quote tree me is not me winging it's me responding to something I feel needs addressing.

Have you got any evidence or reason to support this opinion?

Seems a very narrow minded statement, to me at least.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

No I didn't.

How does a drum promote everything that’s wrong with British football culture?!?! 
Do you genuinely think that banging a drum is promoting racism and homophobia? I’m genuinely interested in your reasoning for this. 

25 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I actually strongly feel that it's obnoxious and promotes everything which is wrong about british football culture. Again my opinion.

I thought that plenty of other countries have drummer's at football? I don't see what's "British" about it.

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like Todd approves.

No description available.

Good effort to them. If the more of the crowd were like minded, not only would it be far more encouraging for the team it would make CR a fortress. Who doesn't admire and enjoy a noisy partisan crowd?

And well done TC

More of this at CR and we could have a decent atmosphere back. Fed up trying to get behind the team whilst sitting amongst the miserable, arm folded, entitled city elite.

• Like 1

I'm one who usually thinks a drum is tinpot most of the time (especially say the Wendy / Ingerlund brass band and their drum), the crowd should be up for it enough without a drum. But yesterday the drumming was great, it didn't impose that much, probably as there were over 2,000 of us, it kept the atmosphere positive throughout with a kind of rhythmic (Brazilian?) beat rather than trying to browbeat us to sing along. Enjoyable.

• Like 1