Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Kenny is in of course!

25 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

He will never be dropped that’s for sure.

I can’t never understand what he brings to the team.

GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

He brings egg on the face of short sighted "fans" like you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Ha ha ha . What a plonker Rodney . 

No idea how many peoples’ missus Kenny has rogered (if you’ll pardon the pun) but he does get some clobber on here . 

Decent pro playing all over the place at the mo. Managers dream . 

• Like 2

The epitome of a player who professionals rever and ill informed fans do not understand what he contributes. Probably the best header of the ball in the squad. Certainly the best athlete. Which doesn't mean the fastest. A real team man and today I expect he allowed gibbs to come into midfield whilst he slotted in at left back.

Today is the day we made the playoffs maybe will make the automatics. So fed up with the "grumpy dumplings".

• Like 2

Covered every blade of grass today, not where he was supposed to be but he was there, giving the ball away all over the pitch, Go Kenny!!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Covered every blade of grass today, not where he was supposed to be but he was there, giving the ball away all over the pitch, Go Kenny!!

What a plonker.

12 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I love the fact for yet another Championship season Kenny is making you look a little silly 😉

• Like 1

Earned his place back in the side today to be fair.

Some absolute showboat pointing on display. 

Legend.

Of all the formations Smith has tried, the diamond suits our squad the best imo. In that formation Nunez is competing against McLean and Ramsey, as Sara is now getting up to speed and has more to his game. Hayden is almost there and probably his best performance today.

Hayden, Sara and McLean are the best combination against the physical teams, which is most of this league really.

Today we saw the best compromise between being pragmatic and playing entertaining football. Potentially a big step forward. It mustn't be a false dawn.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2022 at 17:59, hogesar said:

I love the fact for yet another Championship season Kenny is making you look a little silly 😉

Ballon d'or you say?

🤣

21 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Ballon d'or you say?

🤣

He will have to politely decline to attend the celebration event as he'll be too busy negotiating with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester City.

The scapegoating of Mclean is laughable and stinks of people not understanding football!

Hes mobile, good in the air, tackles and always 100% committed! - A great water carrier which is why he always finds his way back into the team! - If the likes of Sinani and Dowell to had these qualities to go with their undoubted ball skills then they would likely be playing at a better club than Norwich!

Edited by kingsway
  • Like 2

On 05/11/2022 at 17:47, Number9 said:

Can we just acknowledge at this point that Mclean had a higher successful pass % than:

Sargent

Hanley

Pukki

Aarons

Hayden

Cantwell

Gibson

McCallum

Gibbs

So to confirm, you need to really try and stop with the bias, because i've not seen a single post from you complaining about any of the above giving the ball away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Can we just acknowledge at this point that Mclean had a higher successful pass % than:

Sargent

Hanley

Pukki

Aarons

Hayden

Cantwell

Gibson

McCallum

Gibbs

So to confirm, you need to really try and stop with the bias, because i've not seen a single post from you complaining about any of the above giving the ball away.

Mr H, I've got full confidence in your ability to understand how stats work and their limitations.

Your posts are well written and suggest that you're a reasonably intelligent person, so I'm not sure why you give the appearance of basing your arguments on stats which are easily manipulated and so vague that they are almost worthless. 

ie. You make a short pass to a teammate who is surrounded by opposition players, he gets brought down, possibly injured, and your team loses possession.

Hogesar's stat says Kenny has made a completed pass.

Your striker passes to his teammate in the penalty area, it's a risky pass almost resulting a goal yet it comes to nothing.

Hogesar's stat says NOT a completed pass.

I would suggest that reading the stats whilst reviewing with your own eyes what happened on the pitch is the best way to get an accurate view on a team or a player.

As regards your assertion that I only highlight Kenny's failings, then I suggest that you don't read all my post's. 

We have a few players who are struggling and I have made these a subject of my post's several times. 

You, for whatever reason,  jump to the defence of the indefensible and highlight my comments about Kenny. 

I don't know why you do that, it doesn't offend me, but perhaps you should ask yourself why? That's for you to sort out.

15 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Mr H, I've got full confidence in your ability to understand how stats work and their limitations.

Your posts are well written and suggest that you're a reasonably intelligent person, so I'm not sure why you give the appearance of basing your arguments on stats which are easily manipulated and so vague that they are almost worthless. 

We have a few players who are struggling and I have made these a subject of my post's several times. 

Of course, Sara had a higher pass % than Kenny but the one pass he did give away led directly to a goal, so of course the stats are limited.

The reason why I reply in particular to your Kenny posts is you have never acknowledged any positive from Kenny whatsoever, which is why I accuse you of having immediate bias whenever he's on the pitch. It's not just you, a lot of fans made their mind up on him. Maybe you and they are all right, but our midfield looked far better with him in it than without in my opinion.

I thought he was good vs Rotherham, he slid Pukki in a couple of times (none of our other midfielders did). He carried the ball up the pitch well. Like others he's had good and bad games but his mobility and aerial prowess means he always offers a bit more all-round than our other midfielders. He's played out of position for majority of the season but had good games in particular against Preston, Blackpool, Bristol and Coventry. 

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Of course, Sara had a higher pass % than Kenny but the one pass he did give away led directly to a goal, so of course the stats are limited.

The reason why I reply in particular to your Kenny posts is you have never acknowledged any positive from Kenny whatsoever, which is why I accuse you of having immediate bias whenever he's on the pitch. It's not just you, a lot of fans made their mind up on him. Maybe you and they are all right, but our midfield looked far better with him in it than without in my opinion.

I thought he was good vs Rotherham, he slid Pukki in a couple of times (none of our other midfielders did). He carried the ball up the pitch well. Like others he's had good and bad games but his mobility and aerial prowess means he always offers a bit more all-round than our other midfielders. He's played out of position for majority of the season but had good games in particular against Preston, Blackpool, Bristol and Coventry. 

I've seen him play lot's, sometimes in person and sometimes on tv where we have the benefit of replays, I just don't rate him.

On 05/11/2022 at 14:56, Bradwell canary said:

I lost count of the amount of interceptions he made and movement off the ball to create room for other players, not to mention the goal he scored.

I can see why people slate him but sometimes got to look at the bigger picture, two managers have regularly picked him now 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I lost count of the amount of interceptions he made and movement off the ball to create room for other players, not to mention the goal he scored.

I can see why people slate him but sometimes got to look at the bigger picture, two managers have regularly picked him now 

Bit in bold is everything - and it's often the bit fans don't tend to see as we tend to be ball-watching. Kenny's relative physicality means he's a bit more capable of creating said space when he's not in possession.

On 07/11/2022 at 22:31, TheGunnShow said:

Bit in bold is everything - and it's often the bit fans don't tend to see as we tend to be ball-watching. Kenny's relative physicality means he's a bit more capable of creating said space when he's not in possession.

Glad I’m not the only one who sees it, great football intelligence, emi Buendia used to thrive off it 

8 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Glad I’m not the only one who sees it, great football intelligence, emi Buendia used to thrive off it 

Yep, and if we're going back twenty years, I'd say the most obvious example of such a player would be former Norway international Oyvind Leonhardsen. He wasn't a bad player with the ball but was exceptional without it. He'd probably run the legs off Gary Holt.

One thing to keep and eye on is taking off McCallum and moving McLean to LB towards the end of the game. I hope that was because Sam's legs had gone because Kenny got absolutely skinned in the move that led to Rotherham's penalty claim. I'd be worried if it were an ongoing tactic.

Kenny deserves his place in midfield but I wouldn't be moving him to the back 4 whilst defending a lead.

25 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

One thing to keep and eye on is taking off McCallum and moving McLean to LB towards the end of the game. I hope that was because Sam's legs had gone because Kenny got absolutely skinned in the move that led to Rotherham's penalty claim. I'd be worried if it were an ongoing tactic.

Kenny deserves his place in midfield but I wouldn't be moving him to the back 4 whilst defending a lead.

Probably just a rotation matter, especially as Giannoulis isn't fully fit yet.

It's frustrating when the irrational bias becomes the loudest voice because it detracts from some of the more nuanced, reasonable concerns. It's very easy to lump all his critics into former.

Kenny had a decent game against Rotherham. Arguably it's one of the first times we've seen him in a role more suited to his natural strengths and inclinations and where his limitations were less exposed. This unleashed him to a degree and allowed him to get more on the front foot and further up the pitch.

I'd be really happy to see him start on the left of the diamond every time we play the formation.

The problem I have is when he's first choice at CDM. He really doesn't have the positional discipline for that role.

He's naturally inclined to move into the spaces off the ball - and he's good at this - but that implicitly means he's regularly the wrong side of the midfield line when we lose the ball. It's very difficult to provide defensive cover and attacking support at the same time. 

The problem is exacerbated by the 4-3-3 because that left sided number 8 role is so much more ambiguous. There is no number 10 so Kenny is naturally drawn to the space. He doesn't so naturally spot the danger so won't always cover for an absent fullback or fill the gap between when the left sided wide attacker is unable to get back. 

Kenny also lacks the close control and passing range to receive the ball under pressure facing his own goal and consistently pick out a team mate. He's 'a bit of a liability' in this regard.

Many of these issues are covered up when we've got a 'proper' CDM so it's definitely more of a recruitment issue and/or a tactical flaw than a particular failing of the man himself. 

And, by the way, I also have very similar criticisms of Nunez and the role he's been asked to do; with the added concern that he lacks the athleticism to recover from a bad starting position. 

Ultimately it comes back to the 'round pegs in round holes' analogy. And that feeds back into the criticisms aimed at the manager and director of football. I'm far less critical now that the 4-3-3 seems to have been binned. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

It's frustrating when the irrational bias becomes the loudest voice because it detracts from some of the more nuanced, reasonable concerns. It's very easy to lump all his critics into former.

Kenny had a decent game against Rotherham. Arguably it's one of the first times we've seen him in a role more suited to his natural strengths and inclinations and where his limitations were less exposed. This unleashed him to a degree and allowed him to get more on the front foot and further up the pitch.

I'd be really happy to see him start on the left of the diamond every time we play the formation.

The problem I have is when he's first choice at CDM. He really doesn't have the positional discipline for that role.

He's naturally inclined to move into the spaces off the ball - and he's good at this - but that implicitly means he's regularly the wrong side of the midfield line when we lose the ball. It's very difficult to provide defensive cover and attacking support at the same time. 

The problem is exacerbated by the 4-3-3 because that left sided number 8 role is so much more ambiguous. There is no number 10 so Kenny is naturally drawn to the space. He doesn't so naturally spot the danger so won't always cover for an absent fullback or fill the gap between when the left sided wide attacker is unable to get back. 

Kenny also lacks the close control and passing range to receive the ball under pressure facing his own goal and consistently pick out a team mate. He's 'a bit of a liability' in this regard.

Many of these issues are covered up when we've got a 'proper' CDM so it's definitely more of a recruitment issue and/or a tactical flaw than a particular failing of the man himself. 

And, by the way, I also have very similar criticisms of Nunez and the role he's been asked to do; with the added concern that he lacks the athleticism to recover from a bad starting position. 

Ultimately it comes back to the 'round pegs in round holes' analogy. And that feeds back into the criticisms aimed at the manager and director of football. I'm far less critical now that the 4-3-3 seems to have been binned. 

This is a great post.

There have been games where McLean and Nunez have shared CDM duties where Nunez is much better at receiving the ball and linking play. 

A better player would combine the qualities of them both but that player wouldn't be in our price range. Perhaps one day we will bring one through the ranks.

• Like 1