Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Rotherham (L/a)) ****

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I had McLean to score. He generally proves numpty fans wrong at this level.

Come on Hoggy, you don't have to be a numpty to not rate McLean!    You may feel he ticks your boxes, fair enough, he doesn't tick mine for various reasons, he's often caught day-dreaming and reacts too late... he gives possession away cheaply too often, he makes the wrong choices around our own box and he doesn't control games or build positive forward play in that central midfield area and he's not creative.   He's OK at this level but he's no world beater and some fans do go overboard on him, its probably more a frustration that we don't have decent CDMs.   No doubt, we don't have many other options but its perfectly understandable that some fans don't rate him.    That said, we do have some numpty fans too!  🤨

Awful refereeing. How he's not booked him there I don't know. They're getting away with murder.

Not sure how much this is the system working or anything tactical or the simple fact we have better players all over the pitch compared to them.

Rotherham manager should have made that sub at HT as now he only has 1 substitution window whereas he'd have still had 2 doing it at half time 

Kenny scores his first goal in November against a recently promoted from the third tier team and he's 'proven the numpties wrong'. Remind me, how many goals does central midfielder Kenny McLean score a season on average?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Kenny scores his first goal in November against a recently promoted from the third tier team and he's 'proven the numpties wrong'. Remind me, how many goals does central midfielder Kenny McLean score a season on average?

Even Wolfswinkel scored against Rotherham!😉

• Haha 4

Well we are winning. Ref is rubbish. Rotherham are running out of subs. Kenny has scored and Sara showed some Brazilian magic. Apart from that its pretty much stalemate.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is it a diamond? I 'm not sure it is.

Looks it to me, Sargent definitely alongside Pukki with McLean left, Sara right, Ramsey on the tip, although not seen much of him and Hayden at the base 

Edited by Ken Hairy

It is quite amusing, McLean scores a goal that any of us could have converted and apparently that's proof he's brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

It is quite amusing, McLean scores a goal that any of us could have converted and apparently that's proof he's brilliant. 

So who would you rather have scored it so you could justify brilliant?

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

No, I would have tried a spectacular overhead kick and missed the ball.

• Haha 1

I don't understand why our performances always seem to go bitty like this. I still think it's down to residual complacency. Unconscious, but I believe it's there.

On a positive note Hayden's anticipation looking excellent & Sara a potential match winner. We still have some of the classiest players in this League.

33 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Get yourself an iptv, no ****ing about every Saturday 

Is this game being televised abroad then as I couldn't find any international broadcasts?

Or can you view canaries TV via an IPTV box?

Just now, ron obvious said:

I don't understand why our performances always seem to go bitty like this. I still think it's down to residual complacency. Unconscious, but I believe it's there.

On a positive note Hayden's anticipation looking excellent & Sara a potential match winner. We still have some of the classiest players in this League.

It's a sign that we are not as good as most of expected us to be.

Just now, greggp27 said:

Is this game being televised abroad then as I couldn't find any international broadcasts?

There's a link on WOTB

1 minute ago, greggp27 said:

We aren't allowed to post it.