Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Rotherham (L/a)) ****

Too many changes (in both formation and personnelle) to build any kind of consistency; which is what we are really lacking (unless you count consistently underperforming).

Cantwell was, in my opinion, the best player on the pitch on Wednesday. I was angry when he was taken off and even more so now he's been dropped again. If it genuinely is a midfield diamond behind two strikers then I could see some logic in bringing Sargent back in, but not if he's stuck out wide. More importantly, we need to be really diligent in defending the wide areas, otherwise we'll be totally overrun on the flanks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Going to be changes having just played Wednesday. Think we will look better with McLeans energy in midfield away from home.

Ooh, that’s bold - coming out for the scapegoat!

I actually think it makes sense if anyone is carrying a knock; we were told there’d be a bit of squad rotation but imo haven’t made it possible.

14 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Not surprised at Todd being dropped. Great game last Saturday but I didn't see him do much on Wed. Still too inconsistent & goes to ground too easily.

I thought he did well on Wednesday but do wonder if he came off with a knock? Maybe not 100% fit. I’m no fan of Smith but with games so close to each other maybe we should reserve judgement and castigation on selection until we know a bit more about how player are fitness wise. 

Wonder how many times Hayden will play a one-two with our centre-backs?    Where's the drive and attacking quality in this team... Smith playing for position and expecting the subs to bail us out I think.... he really is depressing me now.   

10 minutes ago, Steve White said:

Gibbs poor i midweek? Not from where I was watching, better than Hayden in my opinion!

I thought Hayden tired quickly and tbh both were not great, neither really looking for the ball and we looked very light in the middle of the park. I actually think the fitness and energy of the team in general hasn't been great recently and most of that has stemmed in the middle of the park. 

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I actually think it makes sense if anyone is carrying a knock; we were told there’d be a bit of squad rotation but imo haven’t made it possible.

Haha it'd be much easier to toe the line that he is absolutely useless and 2 successive managers and coaches can't see that but....just go by what I see and then it's normally reinforced by informed opinions from others like ex professional players, coaches etc.

Nunez injured so those already deciding it was an awful decision can wind their necks in on that one at the very least. 🙃

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

15/8 over 1.5 goals first half, get on quick everyone. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nunez injured so those already deciding it was an awful decision can wind their necks in on that one at the very least. 🙃

Can't be a Norwich player without getting injured once a month so he's already fitting in well!

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

😉🤣👍

16 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Too many changes (in both formation and personnelle) to build any kind of consistency; which is what we are really lacking (unless you count consistently underperforming).

Cantwell was, in my opinion, the best player on the pitch on Wednesday. I was angry when he was taken off and even more so now he's been dropped again. If it genuinely is a midfield diamond behind two strikers then I could see some logic in bringing Sargent back in, but not if he's stuck out wide. More importantly, we need to be really diligent in defending the wide areas, otherwise we'll be totally overrun on the flanks.

Completely agree, keep the same team that won! Build confidence in consistent team.

Edited by Payno10

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not as good as the guy we have at FCR

Not as good as me, and I've never blown a bugle in my life 😂

1 minute ago, Payno10 said:

Completely agree, keep the same team that won! Build confidence in consistent team.

We didn't win the last game 😉

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course, start getting our playerrs back so other players go and get a strain during training or fall down the stairs at home. Bloody typical. 

Did he fall or was he pushed