Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Blades v Burnley

They are having all the good fortune that promotion winners need.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

They are having all the good fortune that promotion winners need.

Make your own luck at this level. They’ve been progressive and appointed a young high profile forward thinking manager looking to play good football. They’ve revamped their entire squad as well as their playing identity so it’s a huge credit to Kompany how they are doing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Well yes, their last game showed that aplenty!

We did similar so pointless getting upset about it.

Given the momentum they have and the fact that they have gradually improved from a slow start, I imagine that everyone else is now going to going after 2nd place realistically.

Just now, ricardo said:

We did similar so pointless getting upset about it.

Far from upset, jealous possibly.  In a ‘good’ season Hanley’s last gasp effort on Wednesday goes in and we’re laughing…it didn’t, so we aren’t!  C’est la vie, it is what it is, and all that.

26 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

if the football league continue to keep giving Burnley 10-12 minutes injury time every game to score a winner, then yes they'll continue to win games

Or they are simply head and shoulders above anyone other team up to this point. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Far from upset, jealous possibly.  In a ‘good’ season Hanley’s last gasp effort on Wednesday goes in and we’re laughing…it didn’t, so we aren’t!  C’est la vie, it is what it is, and all that.

I think my take would probably be on a good season we wouldn’t be relying on Grant Hanley to stab home a goal last minute against a side we should be beating at home 3 or 4 nothing. 

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think my take would probably be on a good season we wouldn’t be relying on Grant Hanley to stab home a goal last minute against a side we should be beating at home 3 or 4 nothing. 

I really should leave you to spiral down into your own pool of misery. But in what world should we be beating QPR 3 or 4 nothing. This arrogance is unreal...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I really should leave you to spiral down into your own pool of misery. But in what world should we be beating QPR 3 or 4 nothing. This arrogance is unreal...

It’s not arrogance, on paper we have the strongest squad in the division. QPR finished last year year mid table without setting the world on fire. In previous years at this level we have soundly beaten most mid table sides and set down a marker to the rest of the league that we were a team to be feared playing. 

striving for excellence and not working accepting mediocrity isn’t a pool of misery it’s simply holding the club accountable for its own failure over this and last season. 

• Haha 1

We simply don't press like these teams. I reckon it's down to us having one or two who can't, or won't, put the necessary effort in. The rest then can't see the point.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not a lot of quality in this game. 

This division looks wide open right now.

Burnley seem to have that knack of getting goals and results they need more often than not, signs of potential champions, but I don’t think they look as dominant as people are making out.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

This division looks wide open right now.

Burnley seem to have that knack of getting goals and results they need more often than not, signs of potential champions, but I don’t think they look as dominant as people are making out.

They have been really hard to beat though.  There’s not far off 30 games left so nothing is remotely decided yet…one thing we do know is that we need to find some better form/consistency if we want to be challenging.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

They have been really hard to beat though.  There’s not far off 30 games left so nothing is remotely decided yet…one thing we do know is that we need to find some better form/consistency if we want to be challenging.

Fair, being hard to beat while not always turning it on up front is much more likely to get you success than our version where we aren’t hard to beat or firing up front.

21 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

It’s not arrogance, on paper we have the strongest squad in the division. QPR finished last year year mid table without setting the world on fire. In previous years at this level we have soundly beaten most mid table sides and set down a marker to the rest of the league that we were a team to be feared playing. 

striving for excellence and not working accepting mediocrity isn’t a pool of misery it’s simply holding the club accountable for its own failure over this and last season. 

It's arrogance. It's like you haven't watched any championship football in your life before. There has never been.a season where we could expect to beat anyone 3 or 4 nil.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

It’s not arrogance, on paper we have the strongest squad in the division.

If you don't get the irony in this sentence, please ask an adult to help you. As a starter, yes it is and no we don't.

• Like 2

Neither side playing that boring style of play though playing it across the back for about 10 passes - faster football which we are incapable of doing - now 2-2 as I write