A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Where did I say I'm avoiding it? 

Ok, my bad - you said you’d not actively be watching, or something along those lines.  It’s a shame you don’t have anything better to do
than watch the game!

Just now, snake-eyes said:

Hi Ken, at the time the ball is punched by the goalkeeper onto the head of the ecuadorian player, there is only 1 Qatari player between the goal and the Ecuador player ruled offside.

It is an odd one though. I still believe they got it wrong.

Look again, there's 3. They literally disappeared off the VAR screen when it changed from live feed to VAR screen at half time. 

As Shearer said literally no one (should) thinks that's offside 

If I were Ecuador I’d want to put more of a goal buffer in here. I can hear the Qatari secure suitcases filled with cash jangling away from here at half time

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Ok, my bad - you said you’d not actively be watching, or something along those lines.  It’s a shame you don’t have anything better to do
than watch the game!

I said I wasn't bothered about games I couldn't watch, whereas normally I'm all over it. 

And nope nothing better to do than ridicule your nonsense posts this afternoon 😉

• Haha 1

Good ploy by FIFA to get the focus on the football by getting VAR involved asap. Nothing unites the world of football like VAR!

• Haha 2

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I said I wasn't bothered about games I couldn't watch, whereas normally I'm all over it. 

And nope nothing better to do than ridicule your nonsense posts this afternoon 😉

Nonsense?  I see an offside decision as offside and that’s nonsense?  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, snake-eyes said:

Correction to my previous response.

The keeper punches the ball onto the head of the Ecuador player.

However I would stil argue here that as the keeper has played it onto the ecuador player, the contact is involuntary and not played at. Thus other player cannot be offside.

Happy to be told I am wrong.

That doesn't apply to attacking players. If, at the point of contact with the Ecuadorian player's head, the knee of his teammate was beyond the penultimate opponent, then it's offside. 

I'm really, really undecided between 'that looks dodgy' and 'that is one hell of a spot of by the officials'. 

The problem is that I don't the cameras are high-definition enough to prove this conclusively. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t think I’ve ever commented on xg in my life.

You’ll have to try again.

I was just wondering? No need to get defensive!

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That doesn't apply to attacking players. If, at the point of contact with the Ecuadorian player's head, the knee of his teammate was beyond the penultimate opponent, then it's offside. 

I'm really, really undecided between 'that looks dodgy' and 'that is one hell of a spot of by the officials'. 

The problem is that I don't the cameras are high-definition enough to prove this conclusively. 

Surely the 3 disappearing Qatari defenders is the conclusive proof you need 😁

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Tbf that’s the 4 var officials doing their job properly.  I neither like nor care that it’s offside, but it is.

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Nonsense?  I see an offside decision as offside and that’s nonsense?  

1. Wasn't offside 

2. You've mentioned other sports as if there isn't the same questions asked of them 

3. You mentioned Liverpool in the world club championship on a forum where literally no one gave a monkies toss about it, I personally couldn't have even told you where or when that was played. 

4. You want Qatar to do well in this competition 

5. Even Alan Shearer ridiculed you at HT 😉

Edited by Ken Hairy

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Surely the 3 disappearing Qatari defenders is the conclusive proof you need 😁

They didn't disappear. This is image is from TV coverage, and assuming that this was the point where the ball made contact with the Ecuadorian player's head, it does indeed look offside by a tiny, tiny margin. 

The only issue is that I don't know if the cameras used are forensic enough to prove this conclusively.

Screenshot_20221120-172011.png

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

They didn't disappear. This is image is from TV coverage, and assuming that this was the point where the ball made contact with the Ecuadorian player's head, it does indeed look offside by a tiny, tiny margin. 

The only issue is that I don't know if the cameras used are forensic enough to prove this conclusively.

Screenshot_20221120-172011.png

There's 2 quite clearly playing him on there

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

1. Wasn't offside 

2. You've mentioned other sports as if there isn't the same questions asked of them 

3. You mentioned Liverpool in the world club championship on a forum where literally no one gave a monkies toss about it, I personally couldn't have even told you where or when that was played. 

4. You want Qatar to do well in this competition 

5. Even Alan Shearer ridiculed you at HT 😉

1 it was

2 they weren’t

3 that just shows your ignorance rather than being ‘nonsense’!

4 no, I don’t (but even so, what if I did?!).  I said it’s a shame if they are as poor as expected. Meaning for the tournament. I think I predicted they will lose every game, or possibly draw one. I‘m hardly a supporter.

5 Alan Shearer is and always has been a ****. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

There's 2 quite clearly playing him on there

Rubbish.  There’s two Ecuador players near the keeper, the furthest forward’s leg is offisde, it’s the other who headed it

Edit: put it this way, had it been a goal against Norwich I imagine you would suddenly ‘see’ it for what it is.

Edited by Branston Pickle

LOL. Rather than watch their cannon fodder, the home team's 'fans' seem to have cleared off in some numbers.

Footballing nation, my fuc-king ar-se.

image.thumb.png.106897e4040fd1f7aab9bc04937136bc.png

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

LOL. Rather than watch their cannon fodder, the home team's 'fans' seem to have ****ed off in some numbers.

Saw an amusing video on Facebook of a celebrating ecuador fan getting screamed and shouted at by a Qatari dignitary and being told to sit down and shut up.. What a nice football loving bunch they are clearly 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

LOL. Rather than watch their cannon fodder, the home team's 'fans' seem to have cleared off in some numbers.

Disgrace. The whole thing has been a disgrace. 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how full/empty grounds are….though I’d not take this guy’s word for it, he said the earlier goal was ruled out for a foul on the keeper.

As a keen football fan, I was asked if I knew the names of any Qatar players. I said Eric Clapton and Yngve Malmsteen. Who probably would have done a better job in goal.

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Rubbish.  There’s two Ecuador players near the keeper, the furthest forward’s leg is offisde, it’s the other who headed it

Edit: put it this way, had it been a goal against Norwich I imagine you would suddenly ‘see’ it for what it is.

Jesus Christ there's TWO DEFENDERS behind the keeper so it matters no a **** whether his leg is behind the keeper. The defender immediately behind the keeper and the one near the bottom of the screen. 

13 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looks like his knee/shin/foot is beyond the goalkeeper, but like I said, it's really tough to say with any degree of certainty. 

It's beyond the keeper yes, but there's 2 defenders between the goal and keeper. One only just, but behind all the same. These are the defenders that disappear off the VAR graphic too.

EDIT and to add to it, the keepers **** looks level with his boot anyway 

Edited by Ken Hairy

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how full/empty grounds are….though I’d not take this guy’s word for it, he said the earlier goal was ruled out for a foul on the keeper.

He wasn't the only one who said fans have left, so I think the cross-referencing between two BBC staff means it's probably legit.
image.thumb.png.4f3729bcc64f62db0e4f772dd02c110a.png

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Jesus Christ there's TWO DEFENDERS behind the keeper so it matters no a **** whether his leg is behind the keeper. The defender immediately behind the keeper and the one near the bottom of the screen. 

It's beyond the keeper yes, but there's 2 defenders between the goal and keeper. One only just, but behind all the same. These are the defenders that disappear off the VAR graphic too.

No there aren’t.  Seems you either need an eye test or an idea of perspective.  Take the grass ‘strips’ as straight lines across the pitch, the Ecuador guy’s leg is the furthest forward other than one defender.

They all disappear off the graphic so you can see the relevant parties, surely that’s obvious. 

Edited by Branston Pickle