A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

So after beating the Francais 🐸 it will be Morocco or Portugal in the Semi. And Brazil or Argies en Finale

Is the Ronaldo chanting a pìss take or mosguoded but serious support for him, I hope the former but suspect the latter. Idiots, Portugal are better without him.

10 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I bet Ronaldo was sooooooo happy to have been dropped for a young lad that scores a great hattrick. 😂

I think we've all loved Ronaldo for having great skills and that ego even when it keep embarassing like now. That Euro final was unbelievable. I know he can be a genuine guy though so he will be happy for the team and was celebrating like everyone else.

He probably just wants to be involved in everything non-stop. Reminds me of that Corporal Jones character in Dads Army who is always volunteering.

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I think we've all loved Ronaldo for having great skills and that ego even when it keep embarassing like now.

Can say honestly no, I've never loved him.

I could respect the skill and ability but never liked him at all. 

• Like 1

The game needs some dislikeable characters though which in itself can be likeable.

Players without game time yet - White who left, GKs Pope,Ramsdale then Coady and Maddison

Looks like Sterling will be rejoining the squad, but it's not confirmed yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

The game needs some dislikeable characters though which in itself can be likeable.

Players without game time yet - White who left, GKs Pope,Ramsdale then Coady and Maddison

Looks like Sterling will be rejoining the squad, but it's not confirmed yet.

Realistically Maddison is behind a lot of midfielders, and when Grealish is not in the starting lineup, Maddison can't expect any game time.  Unless we have a rash of injuries in that area in which case he'd be useful as cover.

10 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Realistically Maddison is behind a lot of midfielders, and when Grealish is not in the starting lineup, Maddison can't expect any game time.  Unless we have a rash of injuries in that area in which case he'd be useful as cover.

Different positions IMHO. 

Maddison is better in behind the striker, less so out wide. We played a 4-3-3 against Senegal with Saka and Foden wide of Kane. He wouldn't dislodge naturally wide players for me.

When we played the first two group games and played 4-2-3-1 with Mount in the middle of an AM three, then I would say that is Maddison's best position. Sadly he was injured for the first two fixtures so wasn't able to be a sub for Mount. Which would be the obvious one.

I know some have said it would be Foden's best position too, but he does play wide for Man City and Maddison is probably better than him central at this point in their careers.

Really looking forward to today's Quarter Final games....Croatia v Brazil at 15.00 and Netherlands v Argentina at 19.00..... 

Gonna be fun.....

Really good piece about how Gareth Southgate has changed the culture of the England team. Highly recommended, especially for those who still don't rate him. As I've said before, while there's scope to criticise his coaching (especially in-game), he is clearly an outstanding manager, especially when you think about the horrific dysfunction of previous England set-ups.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/09/education-and-listening-helping-southgate-shape-his-happy-england

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Croatia are going to have to keep better care of the ball, otherwise there'll be only one winner here.

Even first half. Both teams giving the ball away . C'mon Brazil 🇧🇷  get a hold on this game .

2 seconds of sheer class. Its going crazy down in 🇧🇷 .

Absolute 💯  Neymar . 

Croatia are better than they ever attempt to be. They have so many top players, aging of course, who if they were braver would be one of the worlds best teams.