A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

Watching Brazil I am concerned that there are top players in football but how many real stars. Not just good but brilliant. Ones where you would watch them at every opportunity.

Messi and Ronaldo are the last two left. Neymar hasn't got their charisma. Mbappe may but isn't at the moment.

I'm concerned there is falseness that has probably been growing ever since young kids in their bedrooms could play FIFA and rave about just good players.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Watching Brazil I am concerned that there are top players in football but how many real stars. Not just good but brilliant. Ones where you would watch them at every opportunity.

Messi and Ronaldo are the last two left. Neymar hasn't got their charisma. Mbappe may but isn't at the moment.

I'm concerned there is falseness that has probably been growing ever since young kids in their bedrooms could play FIFA and rave about just good players.

there are good players in this Brazil squad but nobody near the quality of squads gone by with the likes of Zico Careca Socrates in the 80s...Romario ,Bebeto ,Ronaldo in the 90s....Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Cafu ,Roberto Carlos ,Kaka in the 00's

their first choice striker is Spurs backup centre forward

that said, I'd still expect them to win this cup

Superb Word Cup for upsets and drama but leaves you wondering if there is actually a ‘great’ team in it. This tournament looks wide open and there for any team/manager that is brave enough to go out and take it to the opposition 

christ , we were another switzerland goal away from Brazil finishing second and being dumped over to Englands side of the draw...that would have meant France in the qtr and Brazil in the semi...just to get to the final !

8 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Superb Word Cup for upsets and drama but leaves you wondering if there is actually a ‘great’ team in it. This tournament looks wide open and there for any team/manager that is brave enough to go out and take it to the opposition 

Not sure that's true. Going out and taking it to the opposition has often left the sort of gaps that even poorer teams can exploit. Plenty of the poorer teams goals have come from the strong team over committing.

Very rarely do teams that "go all out and take it to the opposition" win tournament football.

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brazil 2nd string not covering themselves in glory then 😂

😂 it's a funny old game. Bring on the Koreans.  The Real stuff starts now 😉 , with the nice yellow 💛 ️ top.😊

Edited by Mengo

49 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

never mind the world cup....Ipswich conceded a 97th min injury time equalizer to Fleetwood this evening!!

thats the result of the week !!!

Deep , deep joy .

I mean forgetting all the non-football related arguments, it's a pretty good world cup so far. Plenty of drama and late goals causing upsets. 

Of course League 1 had the opposite earlier with the minnows of Ipswich valiantly holding onto a 1 goal lead against the ten men of the might Fleetwood until the final moments. Bless 'em. 

Edited by Canario
Binners

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

never mind the world cup....Ipswich conceded a 97th min injury time equalizer to Fleetwood this evening!!

thats the result of the week !!!

Haha should probably read the threads. Too easy isn't it!!!

not world cup related but looks like the championship is back today sunderland vs millwall. a week early, how strange! 

8 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Sarge not in the USA line-up.

That's  a shame. I was hoping he would make it😔. Hopefully USA can cause a surprise and Josh will be OK for next game.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Sarge not in the USA line-up.

Due to the ankle injury he suffered the other night! 

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Their best striker not even on the bench? Hope they get thrashed 6-0

Eh? He's injured. Also you don't have to name a bench, the rest of the squad will be on it.

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

That's  a shame. I was hoping he would make it😔. Hopefully USA can cause a surprise and Josh will be OK for next game.

Hope not..we need them knocked out today and Sargent back with us for next saturday..

A bit naive of the Yanks to pile everyone forward early doors, then get hit on the break. Already feels a long way back for them.

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

A bit naive of the Yanks to pile everyone forward early doors, then get hit on the break. Already feels a long way back for them.

It is now!

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

It is now!

Yep. Josh can pack his bags and look forward to returning to Norwich.

USA have been poor.

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yep. Josh can pack his bags and look forward to returning to Norwich.

USA have been poor.

To be fair 'USA have been poor' is the history of the US football team summed up.

Dont worry though their fans can go back to watching their 'football' teams go and become world champions by beating american teams or however it is their wierd rugby thing works