A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am looking forward to that. They aren't a bad side.

Superbly Athletic. Not bad technically. Bit suspect tactically.  England should win. Note, i said should. 

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You've been pretty much consistently wrong with every take you've ever dared comment on this forum so probably not the best person to start shouting now 😅

Also the game was 90 minutes. The 135 minutes you ran on about are completely irrelevant.

The entirety of the USA match and the 1st half of this match. It’s currently 50% of the football that we’ve played in this tournament so hardly irrelevant with much tougher opposition in Senegal and then France to come…

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

The entirety of the USA match and the 1st half of this match. It’s currently 50% of the football that we’ve played in this tournament so hardly irrelevant with much tougher opposition in Senegal and then France to come…

We weren't amazing in the first half but we had the best chances and could happily have gone in ahead.

We've played 3 games, won 2 of them at a canter, drawn the other one, scored 9, conceded 2. I don't know where some England fans get the sense of entitlement that we should be playing free flowing football every single minute and blowing teams away each and every game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Which Senegal players do you think would get in the England team ? 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

We weren't amazing in the first half but we had the best chances and could happily have gone in ahead.

We've played 3 games, won 2 of them at a canter, drawn the other one, scored 9, conceded 2. I don't know where some England fans get the sense of entitlement that we should be playing free flowing football every single minute and blowing teams away each and every game.

Especially when you've seen a lot of supposedly top teams in this tournament drop points against very poor opposition. I thought that might calm the entitlement a bit but not for some.

Page said Wales were outstanding first half and them made up an imaginary injury to Bale! Must have been watching a different game!

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Koulibaly?

Mendy might get in the squad?

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

It’s ‘cos we invented the game, innit!

• Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Page said Wales were outstanding first half and them made up an imaginary injury to Bale! Must have been watching a different game!

Wales were dreadful in the first half and even worse in the second!

• Like 1

Just now, Well b back said:

Utterly irrelevant, football doesn’t work that way. How many USA players would get in the the England team? 

Wales were in damage limitation mode to start with. They just had nothing to bother England with on the counter and the lack of depth in their squad was obvious to see. Said at half-time England should win comfortably enough and that was exactly how it panned out.

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Utterly irrelevant, football doesn’t work that way. How many USA players would get in the the England team? 

Josh Sargent

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, kirku said:

Josh Sargent

Would he walk into it like Billy Gilmour, or would he charge all over the place instead? 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Would he walk into it like Billy Gilmour, or would he charge all over the place instead? 😉

Billy and Josh would waltz into it, hand in hand, in perfect harmony 

• Haha 1

Just now, kirku said:

Billy and Josh would waltz into it, hand in hand, in perfect harmony 

That's a mental image I'm...... struggling to process, to put it mildly!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

I go most England games, but not as many as 2 of our kids, one who has just returned from Qatar and the other still out there. It’s not those fans it’s mainly those that want England to fail. Those last games in the Euros Germany, Denmark, Italy ( especially the Germany game ) were the most amazing atmospheres I have ever been in.

International football, qualifying then to manoeuvre through the finals, peaking at the right time is an art, you are playing against defenders, midfielders, goalkeepers and attackers that are mostly stand out players for top clubs. Unfortunately when you manage or play at that level, there are a huge number of fans that just want you to fail. 
I believe ( I maybe mistaken ) should we get to the quarters we play France, the disadvantage for both teams will be that they will both need to be at their optimum to get past that game, and the winners will need a massive effort to keep those levels up for 2 more games.

• Like 3

Poor tournament from Wales, good luck England, looking like one of the best England squads I can remember.

17 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's a mental image I'm...... struggling to process, to put it mildly!

Did Peter Crouch go on Strictly Come Dancing? It'd be a bit like that. But more....sensual

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

We do have to get rid of the inconsistency. In a tournament its imperative to improve each game. As you say the first half was one sided but didn't produce because one or two were not on it. And Rashford was one who wasn't.

I am not bothered about blowing away teams as much as I wish we could. Just a little improvement each game and a settled team. Its taken until the third game to see what is needed.

I can forgive Southgate for that because individual form is also critical. And when do you drop somebody if you are hoping they are improving?

Kane hasn't scored but his pass to Rashford in the 1st half proved his worth. But just maybe Foden's presence will finally get Kane in the goalscoring mood.

14 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

So they are not as good as you were making out.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We do have to get rid of the inconsistency.

Our last 16 finals games, won 10, drawn 4 lost 2

I meant this tournament. 

People were pant wetting about Foden playing and you got it, Kane being dropped and he made 1 assist, 2 if you feel Rashford should have scored first half. So who else?  What more do you want?

For a homophobic hellhole of a country, I thought Qatar did a good job of impersonating getting bent over and shafted every game. Good riddance to them.

• Haha 1

I think England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 have been superb in how we’ve handled getting to top in the group stage. A plus 7 goal difference !!!
If I was a fan of any other country I really wouldn’t want to play us. I think some of us can be far too impressed by other teams qualities and be blind to their shortcomings. I don’t see any real stand out side so far , so bring it on . 
So my message - No Fear England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Edited by Pockthorpe

I think I'm correct in saying that if England beat Senegal the quarter final would be in the evening of the away match at Swansea on the 10th?

I'm sure all of the locals will be wishing England well during the day..

France in the quarter finals then. But only if we get past Senegal. Who have a brick wall as a defence. And you know what England are like under Southgate against teams like that. This is going to be a tough watch.🫤

The good news is, once we get to the semi finals it'll be a doddle! 😄

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

France in the quarter finals then. But only if we get past Senegal. Who have a brick wall as a defence. And you know what England are like under Southgate against teams like that. This is going to be a tough watch.🫤

The good news is, once we get to the semi finals it'll be a doddle! 😄

France have to get through aswell though...their last 16 game could be Argentina