A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

As much as i want argentina out...it might beĀ in englands interest that they go through..but in second place. They would then play France in the last 16 and they 'might' then knock them out before we would have to play them

Southgateball against Messi? šŸ˜”

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

As much as i want argentina out...it might beĀ in englands interest that they go through..but in second place. They would then play France in the last 16 and they 'might' then knock them out before we would have to play them

That thought did cross my mind too. If anyone is going to nullify France and take Mbappe out it's Argentina.

9 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

How is that not a red

Sunday Morning League - a mere love tapĀ 

ā€œOh Ref! You gonna blow up for everything today?ā€ ā€œItā€™s not that bad Ref - heā€™s walkingā€Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Poland will stuff the Argies anyway.

Hope so - have them as one of my work sweepstake teams. Ā Now RL has scored one heā€™ll get moreā€¦.

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

That's a nice goal by Messi, but my dad wants to watch Dads Army so we're switching over

Your dad's a good judge.

• Like 1

Ugh, two teams that should be much better than that display. Mexico, occasionally getting it into the box may have been a good idea.

Lots of huff and puff but precious little quality in there. Poland / Argentina's going to be a hard watch looking at the two previous games.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

It's taken a game-and-a-half, but the Poles finally arrived. Like the Battle of Vienna, really.

It was the Lithuanians who were late for the Battle of ViennaĀ 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It was the Lithuanians who were late for the Battle of ViennaĀ 

Sure, but the Poles came in bang on time.

Well, Spain vs Germany tonight will be one to keep an eye on. Germany will be a wounded animal wanting to prove themselves but will no doubt also know that a loss will mean they are all but out of the world cup while Spain will be flying high and probably a little hungover still from their 7-0 win.. Will be interesting that's for sure

57 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, Spain vs Germany tonight will be one to keep an eye on. Germany will be a wounded animal wanting to prove themselves but will no doubt also know that a loss will mean they are all but out of the world cup while Spain will be flying high and probably a little hungover still from their 7-0 win.. Will be interesting that's for sure

Japan v Costa Rica first. Germany will be hoping the Japs getting nothing from that. Tedious 0-0 at moment.

Costa Rica is ingrained in football for me after they beat Scotland 1 nil at the 1990 World Cup. We battered them for most of the 2nd half, but could not get the equaliser. Ah those were the days. Making tournaments then going out by a goal. At least Wales are keeping the spirit alive.

4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Costa Rica is ingrained in football for me after they beat Scotland 1 nil at the 1990 World Cup. We battered them for most of the 2nd half, but could not get the equaliser. Ah those were the days. Making tournaments then going out by a goal. At least Wales are keeping the spirit alive.

I used to love asking my Scottish geography teacher,Ā  sir what is theĀ capital of Costa Rica? Sir,Ā  what is Costa Rica's GDP? etc.

Edited by Taiwan Canary
  • Like 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

Costa Rica are going to pinch this. Japan controlling it,Ā  but devoid of spark.

Told ya!

22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Thats Germany off the hook, they'll probably still go through even if they only got three points vs costa rica

Indeed. If Spain tonk Japan and Germany stuff Costa they'll go through with only 3 pts. Japs have really thrown it away.

Just goes to show in tournament football there are so many variables and if you cannot win make sure you don't lose!

Should add a heavy defeat for Germany tonight lets Japan back in again.

Edited by Capt. Pants

50 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nice finish, but awful goalkeeping. Hadn't noticed it before, but is he a midget??Ā 

Caught off his line.šŸ˜‰

Shuichi Gonda ; Height. 6' 2" ; Weight. 183 lbs ; Date of Birth. 3.23.1989 (33) ; Birthplace. Tokyo, Japan ; Position. GoalkeeperĀ ...

no midgetšŸ¤«šŸ¤£