A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Neymar out of the rest of the group games with ligament damage in his right ankle

Probably pinged them doing a double somersault with pike.

Oh for a fit Madders last night, someone who is able to pass a ball between the lines and turn defenders. Him and Foden, quite why he didn't get a look in last night

Edited by Don’t be Krul

12 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

As soon as we meet a decent side we'll lose, as has always been the case under Southgate.

That's been the case since 1970, regardless of the coach

Some quality trolling having Down Under playing as Australia win that. Almost as good as when Watford started playing Blinded By The Light when their floodlights failed against us last season.

Edited by TheGunnShow

48 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Some quality trolling having Down Under playing as Australia win that. Almost as good as when Watford started playing Blinded By The Light when their floodlights failed against us last season.

OK, Poland and Saudi Arabia hit the dancefloor. I did find it bemusing that people can criticise Qatar for hosting this jamboree, but were happy when the Saudis - an equally onerous regime - scraped past Argentina.

Poland has its democratic issues at the moment, but still far more preferable to this corrupt set, so marsz, marsz, Dabrowski!

(Or should that be marsz, marsz, Lewandowski instead?)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

OK, Poland and Saudi Arabia hit the dancefloor. I did find it bemusing that people can criticise Qatar for hosting this jamboree, but were happy when the Saudis - an equally onerous regime - scraped past Argentina.

Poland has its democratic issues at the moment, but still far more preferable to this corrupt set, so marsz, marsz, Dabrowski!

(Or should that be marsz, marsz, Lewandowski instead?)

Curious who wins the world cup on it's countries ethical record?

Just now, KiwiScot said:

Curious who wins the world cup on it's countries ethical record?

As the only Nordic country that's qualified, I'd guess Denmark. Suppose Switzerland or the Netherlands could be right up there as well.

It's taken a game-and-a-half, but the Poles finally arrived. Like the Battle of Vienna, really.

Justice, never ever a penalty in the 1st place. I see Saudi are going to get the dodgy VAR calls now Qatar are out. 

• Like 1

Excellent piece of goalkeeping by Szczecny. I guess he's had a couple of years learning up close with one of the greatest of all time in Buffon.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Justice, never ever a penalty in the 1st place. I see Saudi are going to get the dodgy VAR calls now Qatar are out. 

Peter Walton disagrees - obviously a referee who thinks VAR is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 🙄 that incident will just encourage diving at the slightest tap

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Excellent piece of goalkeeping by Szczecny. I guess he's had a couple of years learning up close with one of the greatest of all time in Buffon.

Szczęsny has always been a very underrated keeper. He's one of those you never tend to hear of yet always seems to do well. Hell, he's made over 100 starts for Arsenal and Juventus for a reason, he even made over 50 for Roma 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Szczęsny has always been a very underrated keeper. He's one of those you never tend to hear of yet always seems to do well. Hell, he's made over 100 starts for Arsenal and Juventus for a reason, even made over 50 for Roma

He's always been capable of exceptional saves, but he's also always had a schnitzer in him. Agree that he's always been pretty damn good though.

In fact, I'd actually argue the fact he kept out a subsequently rock-solid Premier League goalie in his compatriot Lukasz Fabianski might be the best compliment you could pay him.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That rebound save was unbelievable. Penalty was **** weak and you'd expect keepers to save it but that rebound save was exceptional 

19 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Peter Walton disagrees - obviously a referee who thinks VAR is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 🙄 that incident will just encourage diving at the slightest tap

Andros Townsend and the Witches of Eastwick in the studio too. Seems football as a contact sport is utterly dead. Anywhere else on the pitch and a foul isn't even considered but then anywhere else on the pitch and the player doesn't throw himself to the floor. 

10 years time and there will be 10 penalties a game. 

No composure at all but Saudis playing some lovely stuff. Reynard is an interesting character- wouldn't mind him here, or in charge of England.

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Andros Townsend and the Witches of Eastwick in the studio too. 

😂 I did wonder who they were. Townsend didn’t even know he’d played an International against Lewandowski - excellent choice of pundit!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

😂 I did wonder who they were. Townsend didn’t even know he’d played an International against Lewandowski - excellent choice of pundit!

There's one on the Kings Lynn game too. I only tuned in for 10 mins - unwatchable.

• Like 1

Hopefully the Mexicans stuff the Saudis and send that corrupt set of backward fekkers home early too. Poland should have put the coffin lid on this match now.

EDIT: Some of the sycophantic comments re. how good the Saudi play are moronic. If you don't take your chances, you do not deserve to win. The Saudis do not deserve to win for that reason alone. End. Of. Story.

Edited by TheGunnShow