A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Uruguay are a similar size country and do well continuously. How do NZ dominate Rugby and do so well in Cricket? It cannot be completely down to size. Denmark isn't much bigger and continues to do well.

Maybe Wales were let down by Giggs. And I did mention the Rugby which is almost a religion in some parts.

England fail on a regular basis but to me its attitude. I got some flak for having a go at Southgate. But for me, he is another in a long list of pragmatic choices that don't bring out the full potential. And just maybe Wales were comfortable having qualified. Maybe they thought it was as far as they needed to go.

I've got my tickets for the Swansea match so I might ask a few in the local pubs what they think.

Ps. My Mum was from Tredegar.

Tredegar eh, not too far from Brynmawr then 😀

Agree its not all down to size but the pool of available players must be a factor. There is a lot of deprivation in Wales, low wage, low aspiration, poor health, poor living conditions for a significant proportion of the indigenous population, the remnants of and left overs of the industrial revolution finished off by Thatcher. For athletes to emerge is quite a significant achievement!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sargent benched for thier biggest game. Hope we smash em for that.

FibXIxtXEAIkfSl?format=jpg&name=small

Not surprised. From an England perspective not sure if that's good or bad.

On 24/11/2022 at 12:39, dylanisabaddog said:

The ITV music is driving me nuts. Is it a film theme? 

I am reliably informed that the ITV music is the theme tune from the original Round The World In 80 Days

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Tredegar eh, not too far from Brynmawr then 😀

Agree its not all down to size but the pool of available players must be a factor. There is a lot of deprivation in Wales, low wage, low aspiration, poor health, poor living conditions for a significant proportion of the indigenous population, the remnants of and left overs of the industrial revolution finished off by Thatcher. For athletes to emerge is quite a significant achievement!

Yes I agree Wales does look to have been left behind. Shame as they have had some great politicians and thinkers over the years.

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I am reliably informed that the ITV music is the theme tune from the original Round The World In 80 Days

This?

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sargent benched for thier biggest game. Hope we smash em for that.

FibXIxtXEAIkfSl?format=jpg&name=small

Not surprised - he was almost totally anonymous in that first game.

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Actually thought he was decent. Making runs and was involved in their goal. They just didn't pass to him enough

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

2nd half he was, decent first half and involved in their goal.

2nd half he probably didn't join in enough and is not the type of player to drop deep and go looking for the ball.

He'll probably come off the bench tonight, we'll see.

12 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Not really, he was rather like Pukki in which he made great runs and was always in the box when needed but his teammates decided to ignore him.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Much too slow

Put a smaller amp fuse in your TV plug....I did and the game's a lot quicker....