A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

6 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

We're all Sargent aren't we? So hope he scores the winner.

Well I hope England win but end of the day hope that Josh has a good game and if he scores against us I will feel no shame in celebrating it  

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

50 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

We're all Sargent aren't we? So hope he scores the winner.

6-1 England win please. Sargent scores the consolation.

• Like 2

Transition from attack to defence is going to be Wales's undoing here if they don't calm down.

Tight game but wow what woeful quality. Ramsey and Roberts shocking, Bale not in the game. If Wales can up their game 2nd half they can still win this as that Iran defence has an error on them.

Not much between the sides, Iran looked the most likely in the first half, Come on Boys🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Iran unlucky, off one post then brilliant shot moments later off the other with the keeper saving the rebound shot.

Well, Page is going flat-out with those changes. Not sure that'll work considering the problem is the balance in central midfield being skew-whiff (heck, it's like watching Norwich on occasion but the Wales central midfield is even more out of kilter).

• Like 1

Since when was the answer to "how do we resolve an imbalanced central midfield?" to get rid of pretty much all the central midfielders?

A mediocre Wales side are throwing this away against a poor Iran side. Push this Iran side on the back foot, keep the ball with a bit of composure, and get it out wide, and Wales can easily take this. They're not doing that though - they're trying to force stuff that's not on.

You have to ask why the World Cup Finals have 32 teams? Greedy FIFA I suppose.

These teams need their own competition.

Edited by keelansgrandad

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

A mediocre Wales side are throwing this away against a poor Iran side. Push this Iran side on the back foot, keep the ball with a bit of composure, and get it out wide, and Wales can easily take this. They're not doing that though - they're trying to force stuff that's not on.

Iran have been far the better team. In my view its a wasteful Iran side not punishing a very poor Wales. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Iran have been far the better team. In my view its a wasteful Iran side not punishing a very poor Wales. 

Sort of agree but this looks like the best Iran have got. Page has got his calls massively wrong here, left his central midfield horribly imbalanced, and the Iranians have won that battle. Bringing Allen on is the right move, but Ramsey was the guy to take off, not Ampadu who's probably been their best player.