A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

37 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

But up until then, well even now, Portugal had introduced shìthousery big style into this World Cup. A shame they couldn't just focus on playing good football.

Portuguese footballers being a bunch of dirty, ego driven cheats? Never 😇

With the exception of Spain, has Ronaldo actually scored in any of those five world cups against decent teams?. I can only recall North Korea and Ghana (both lowest ranked teams in both tournaments) and I forget the rest maybe because they’re pony and went out at the group stage.

As for people saying the 6-2 against Iran keeps looking better and better with every result in the other games, really should remember the 6-1 against Panama in which just like Iran we conceded sloppy goal(s), and Belgium could only beat them 3-0. However, we all know what happened when the both teams met…. Belgium were winners in both games and finished 3rd above us.

Every game is different, you cannot say England look good just based on one game against poor opposition. At the 2010 World Cup Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 and they didn’t do much for the rest of the tournament.

I will watch Brazil tonight as they have always been the greatest to me. It wouldn't be a WC without them. But I don't believe this anywhere near a great Brazilian team. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

With the exception of Spain, has Ronaldo actually scored in any of those five world cups against decent teams?. I can only recall North Korea and Ghana (both lowest ranked teams in both tournaments) and I forget the rest maybe because they’re pony and went out at the group stage.

As for people saying the 6-2 against Iran keeps looking better and better with every result in the other games, really should remember the 6-1 against Panama in which just like Iran we conceded sloppy goal(s), and Belgium could only beat them 3-0. However, we all know what happened when the both teams met…. Belgium were winners in both games and finished 3rd above us.

Every game is different, you cannot say England look good just based on one game against poor opposition. At the 2010 World Cup Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 and they didn’t do much for the rest of the tournament.

I kinda miss North Korea you know, shame they aren't in this world cup. I dont mean that in anyway do I support their goverment obviously beacause **** them but it was always nice to at least hope that their people could get at least 90 minutes of enjoyment in their lives.

Thst and their team always seemed to be full of team spirit and never say die attitudes.. Althlugh given their goverment has a habit of executing people for nonsense reasons I don't blame them for wanting to do the very best they can

Why are Brazil celebrating every goal like it is the world Cup final winning one? They're just goals in the first round group match, against Serbia! 🤨

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Brazil are winning this tournament 

Ordinary for an hour then imperious as the spaces opened up.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The depth of the squad is unreal.

You said it. Just warming up . Plenty fireworks going off down here. I can tell you they are nuts about it in Brazil. Good controlled win . Serbia 🇷🇸 are no mugs

Cmon Brazil 🇧🇷. ( nice colours)

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Richarlison looks like the worldbeater he never was at Everton.

Indeed but remember this goal. For some reason he was on the bench that day..

19 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed but remember this goal. For some reason he was on the bench that day..

👍😉

Edited by Mengo

The last 15 minutes was magic. Just what we expect from them. Maybe they can't play that way for 90 minutes but Serbia did have to come out a bit. I would say the longer you can hold them goalless, the more tense they will become.

10 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Brazil are winning this tournament 

Yep, only seen two teams so far capable of winning the WC, Brazil and Wales😁

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I kinda miss North Korea you know, shame they aren't in this world cup. I dont mean that in anyway do I support their goverment obviously beacause **** them but it was always nice to at least hope that their people could get at least 90 minutes of enjoyment in their lives.

Thst and their team always seemed to be full of team spirit and never say die attitudes.. Althlugh given their goverment has a habit of executing people for nonsense reasons I don't blame them for wanting to do the very best they can

Another reason is because they've got a ****ing banger of a national anthem.