A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Been out all morning so missed this. What a joyful result. I hate Argies so well pleased.

Feels good 👍 in 🇧🇷  just now🤣🤣🤫

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Chuck in Simeone's theatrics and a prefectly good goal by Sol Campbell ruled out in '98....and we still owe them

F*ck 'em

A perfectly good goal because Shearer fouled the goalie (and David Seaman's even admitted that), and a red card that was due to Beckham's stupidity. He gave Nielsen a decision to make, Nielsen made it.

Don't owe them 'owt.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

A perfectly good goal because Shearer fouled the goalie (and David Seaman's even admitted that), and a red card that was due to Beckham's stupidity. He gave Nielsen a decision to make, Nielsen made it.

Don't owe them 'owt.

Pochettino's foul on Owen didnt knock them out of a world cup....until we do that (the more controversially the better)...we'll never be even

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Pochettino's foul on Owen didnt knock them out of a world cup....until we do that (the more controversially the better)...we'll never be even

Oh, when Maradona made half the England team look like dummies with probably the best individual goal scored at a World Cup? 

England were beaten by a better Argentinean side that day (although I don't know how the heck the assistant missed the handball!). Either way, the notion that England were beaten by the "hand of God" goal is wrong.

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Oh, when Maradona made half the England team look like dummies with probably the best individual goal scored at a World Cup? 

England were beaten by a better Argentinean side that day (although I don't know how the heck the assistant missed the handball!). Either way, the notion that England were beaten by the "hand of God" goal is wrong.

Er, except that the score was 2-1 so that basically does mean England were beaten by the cheating hand of God goal.  A brilliant individual goal still only counts as one goal.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

eh?

it was 2-1....take away that crackhead cheats goal and ...... 

and even after that Lineker should have made it 2-2

...having said that Bobby Robson should have brought John Barnes on a good 10 mins earlier

Hah, fair enough, I thought it stayed 2-0, Lineker pulled one back late on. That brings back a litany of other what ifs/maybes.

Even then, his hand of God goal was a piece of cheating, and Owen's dive was also cheating. Dead even.

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

eh?

it was 2-1....take away that crackhead cheats goal and ...... 

we would've lost on penalties after it finished 1-1 AET. 😀

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

finally...a referee having the b*llocks to make his own decision and not be swayed by people sitting in a booth

Nice to see a ref not swayed but....did you not think it WAS a pen?

A very good 0-0, enjoyed that. Thoroughly deserved point for Tunisia. Great refereeing as well. I didn't think either handballs were pens.

I watched the game live here in Oman, I’ve never heard a commentator like the Arab guy today! He went absolutely mad when Saudi scored their goals but best of all was, once Saudi were winning and Argentina were attacking all he could say was 5hit, 5hit, 5hit 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by TheBaldOne66
  • Haha 3

I've detected Uruguay will host the 2030 World Cup after reading this cool thing about the next game Mexico v Poland

"Stadium 974 which is set to be the first-ever temporary venue to host a World Cup contest. The venue is made from 974 recycled shipping containers and will be used to host matches throughout the tournament before being dismantled and transported to be rebuilt in Maldonado, Uruguay to host games for the 2030 FIFA World Cup, providing the country's joint bid proves successful."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I thought it looked more chest to hand?

I first thought it was thigh to raised (unnatural position) hand. Transpires it was hand by side to second hand deemed to be in natural position.

Oh well.

Don't care - pleased for Tunisia either way, 100% deserved a point.

Edited by Richard Richard

BBC opening credits are awful. Clearly stolen from a view from the terrace, but badly with the thought being to increase the drugs you need to enjoy them.

I’m going to get a lot of stick for this but here goes! Qatar should never have been awarded this tournament and it was alleged corruption that got them this tournament, no doubt, Is anyone else getting a little fed up with everyone on the TV focusing on political agendas rather than just accepting that it’s the host countries right to make its laws, we don’t have to like it, but who are we to say how they should be living? My standards and way of life say they’re wrong, my belief is it’s wrong but I fully respect the laws and culture of Qatar and if we don’t like it then don’t go, boycott the World Cup, no one forced the TV companies to send their high paid pundits to go!

We were all aware of what was coming and as I say I believe their culture is wrong in its archaic beliefs but I fully respect the laws of their land.

Can we move on from this constant need to be political and just focus on the World Cup and the game of football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'll be hoping Senegal and the Netherlands absolutely humiliate Qatar. And if the Saudis get splattered that would also be bloody funny. Something like a 5-0 that Russia stuck on them in 2018 would be nice.

Well you got the second one absolutely wrong. That also puts in perspective England’s result yesterday. Saudi we’re far lower ranked than Iran, yet some on here seemed to think England had to just turn up to seep teams like Iran away.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Still think Maradona’s second was an own goal, watch it back in slow motion on a large screen and an English boot touches it last.

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Well you got the second one absolutely wrong. That also puts in perspective England’s result yesterday. Saudi we’re far lower ranked than Iran, yet some on here seemed to think England had to just turn up to seep teams like Iran away.

The rankings are a joke! Iran 20th in the world is ludicrous in anyone's book!

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m going to get a lot of stick for this but here goes! Qatar should never have been awarded this tournament and it was alleged corruption that got them this tournament, no doubt, Is anyone else getting a little fed up with everyone on the TV focusing on political agendas rather than just accepting that it’s the host countries right to make its laws, we don’t have to like it, but who are we to say how they should be living? My standards and way of life say they’re wrong, my belief is it’s wrong but I fully respect the laws and culture of Qatar and if we don’t like it then don’t go, boycott the World Cup, no one forced the TV companies to send their high paid pundits to go!

We were all aware of what was coming and as I say I believe their culture is wrong in its archaic beliefs but I fully respect the laws of their land.

Can we move on from this constant need to be political and just focus on the World Cup and the game of football.

both channels had to open with this stance to justify their presenters/pundits being out there in the first place

the hour leading up to the opening game on the BBC was some of the most pathetic television ever seen ....an hour long nauseating preach-athon.... with the ubiquitos Alex Scott determined to make it about herself , as usual

they can't possibly keep that up for 3 weeks, theres only so much re treading on old ground you can keep doing regarding human rights, LGBT , they can do.  If the BBC keep this up and continue to tip toe around their agenda and tread carefully on their political correctness, they will will just eat themselves up

we get it, we know.....we dont need it every day. sooner or later they will just concentrate on presenting the football, results like Saudi Arabia's today will shift that focus

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

The rankings are a joke! Iran 20th in the world is ludicrous in anyone's book!

They still won the Asian cup, which Saudi also took part in.