A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not the Dutch of old is it? 

A finisher like van Nistelrooy and they'd be two up.

34 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agree with your last sentence, there were plenty of positives, but a fair bit to work on. That, for me, is "decent", not "outstanding".

Southgate agrees with you, fwiw

Given everything that's going on in Iran, it's perhaps not surprising that the team wasn't as switched-on and difficult to beat as we'd been expecting

Managed to arrange my working day to watch about an hour of the England game, looked decent. Iran certainly didn't look a team 20th in the world, but that's the first time they've conceded 5 since 1950.

Bellingham and Saka stood out for me, didn't see our non penalty or their one which was given, but Stuart Pearce was not happy on the radio. 

Caught the last half hour of the Dutch game, dull as hell........Oh goal as I say that. 

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Any football game is infinitely better than I'm a celeb or strictly....or any other 'reality' tv carp....

Some of Norwich's recent games have stretched that definition to breaking point but even they have been better than reality TV.

Will say it's amusing how all the Sagent talk in recent days and week was about him and his manager (US team that is) agreeing that he's best played as a striker.. And in his first match for them in this world cup he gets thown on the wing

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will say it's amusing how all the Sagent talk in recent days and week was about him and his manager (US team that is) agreeing that he's best played as a striker.. And in his first match for them in this world cup he gets thown on the wing

Looks like he's up top to me. Flanked by Weah and Pulisic?

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

ITV agrees with you but Weah is far more of a winger than Sargent. He's a good direct runner and a crosser, Sargent isn't. 

On the call, Gregg Berhalter continues to insist he sees Tim Weah most valuable as a winger and that he sees him for the #USMNT2022_FIFA_WorldCup_USA.png as a striker only in unique situations.

Sarge as the no 9 it is then 👍

Just now, Richard Richard said:

Wait for the backlash to that comment!

Have you read this forum at all over the last couple of weeks? Most will agree.

4 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

Can't argue with that.

USA to give Wales a spanking tonight? Fingers crossed. Used to be a home nation supporter until the antics of Bales and co in recent tournaments.

Love to see Josh bag some goals & the US of A cruise through the game. Mind you I feel the same way about any Welsh opponents as Andy Murray does about any English opponents.

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Have you read this forum at all over the last couple of weeks? Most will agree.

KS - dip in/out of this thread when I can.

Admittedly perhaps not the best way to gage the general  mood....

It's an odd one. Even though many England fans seem to try and force a bit of a rivalry against Wales and Scotland end of the day if a UK team is playing against a non UK side then I will support them and wish them well, be they England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. But at the same time the US have Josh of course so.. Guess I can support both sides tonight right? 🤣   

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We could always get some cannons out and do a gun salute.. They do very much seem to like guns I think🤣

Americans and guns would definitely wake up the locals,in more ways than one.....

• Haha 1