A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Qatar are going to be the worst team to ever take part in the World CupĀ 

Even North Korea put on a strong play one time and beat Italy.. Got knows what this Qatar side would do if they faced strong teams

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Good šŸ‘

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even North Korea put on a strong play one time and beat Italy.. Got knows what this Qatar side would do if they faced strong teams

Like the Dutch? šŸ˜

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Seems likely. Ā Not sure if they will be better next game but theyā€™ll be all-but outĀ if they lose it.

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Jesus Christ there's TWO DEFENDERS behind the keeper so it matters no a **** whether his leg is behind the keeper. The defender immediately behind the keeper and the one near the bottom of the screen.Ā 

It's beyond the keeper yes, but there's 2 defenders between the goal and keeper. One only just, but behind all the same. These are the defenders that disappear off the VAR graphic too.

EDIT and to add to it, the keepers **** looks level with his boot anywayĀ 

I'm not sure what images you're looking at, but in the one I posted, there's clearly only one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm guessing it shot up a minute or so after that post with Ali's header, which he really should've scored from.

Quite possiblyĀ 

Though if he couldn't even get that on target, xg should be 0.00

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Forgot Zaire, did you?

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He wasn't the only one who said fans have left, so I think the cross-referencing between two BBC staff means it's probably legit.
image.thumb.png.4f3729bcc64f62db0e4f772dd02c110a.png
Ā 

Thatā€™s pretty bad - perhaps they had to leave to finish the fan zones (see attachedĀ https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63690765Ā ā€¦does seem aĀ bit of a mess).

Just now, Herman said:

Ā 

Or Dutch East Indies in 1938 (now Indonesia). Got pumped 6-0 by Hungary.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not sure what images you're looking at, but in the one I posted, there's clearly only one.

The big issue with the image you've posted of course, regardless of perception of position without dodgy wiggly lines, is that blurred white thing near the keepers fist is the ball, so clearly wasn't taken at the point the ball was played in.Ā 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Host team in the first match of the world cup they are hosting and the stadium is clealry almost half empty with most of their "fans" having left.. God what a shambles this whole thing is

Itā€™s brilliant šŸ˜‚

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Not watching but is this sarcasm from Dion?

Ā 

Ā 

EED983BB-C81D-4220-8412-7B944E53CC7B.jpeg

He just said it in commentary, a bit bafflingĀ 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The big issue with the image you've posted of course, regardless of perception of position without dodgy wiggly lines, is that blurred white thing near the keepers fist is the ball, so clearly wasn't taken at the point the ball was played in.Ā 

Well, thereā€™s 4 var officials with all the anglesĀ who spotted it, but letā€™s go with you and your tv set 4000Ā miles from the action, shall we?

Paying 200 billion quid for the World Cup and a load of home nation fans leaving early šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

this tournament is a meme!

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He just said it in commentary, a bit bafflingĀ 

Just off camera there's aĀ  Qatari soilder with a gun in one hand and a bag of money in the other..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Well, thereā€™s 4 var officials with all the anglesĀ who spotted it, but letā€™s go with you and your tv set 4000Ā miles from the action, shall we?

Is the Qatar shirt in your wardrobe right next door to the North Korean one?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Host team in the first match of the world cup they are hosting and the stadium is clealry almost half empty with most of their "fans" having left.. God what a shambles this whole thing is

Gone to the fan zones to get a beer. It's a none football nation, they don't know how to support a team, apart from the fakes who are clearly following the script to the letter.

They're probably the same fakes who had England shirts on yesterday, pretending to be from Luton and Bradford.

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The offside wasn't given for the ball into the box, it was given for when the ball connected with the player's head in the image I posted.Ā 

For what it's worth, I agree with the point you're making there about it being inconclusive due to the impossibility of pinpointing the correct frame, but I disagree completely with the notion that there are two Qatari players beyond the foot of the offside Ecuadorian.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Is the Qatar shirt in your wardrobe right next door to the North Korean one?

Wow, what a comeback.Ā 

I give it E minus for being rather pathetic.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Well, the home team looked crap, fans were seen leaving early and apparently a German presenter nearly didn't make the kick-off as the bus driver didn't know where the stadium was.

Glorious start to this tournament. Here's hoping Senegal and the Netherlands continue to pump this lot hard.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Well, the home team looked crap, fans were seen leaving early and apparently a German presenter nearly didn't make the kick-off as the bus driver didn't know where the stadium was.

Glorious start to this tournament. Here's hoping Senegal and the Netherlands continue to pump this lot hard.

..the first two bits of that could be any Norwich home game in recent seasons!