A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You don't get things to change by giving them a stage to sportswash everything. After all, South Africa were boycotted with apartheid.

You don’t get things to change by ignoring them. Fact. It’s hard to ignore them at a World Cup.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

To channel the idiot FIFA president

”Today… I feel… Ecuadorean!”

"This one time my servant forgot to bring me two glasses of wine and only brought me one. On this day I knew true pain and suffering" 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who can forget the famous and clearly not forced chant of just chantng your teams name over and over endlessly?

You mean like most clubs fans do?  

Look, Qatar have the World Cup, and we can’t change that

whats important now is that we ridicule them as much as possible and that the legacy is how badly they c0cked it up.

Sit back, and watch how bad and cringey they are going to look. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You don’t get things to change by ignoring them. Fact. It’s hard to ignore them at a World Cup.

If enough countries had said "we're not playing" then I'm pretty sure FIFA would have had to do something different.

Either way, let's hope this set of corrupt bum boys get pasted so hard their flag turns rainbow.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

If enough countries had said "we're not playing" then I'm pretty sure FIFA would have had to do something different.

Either way, let's hope this set of corrupt bum boys get pasted so hard their flag turns rainbow.

Er, ok.  I don wonder if you took the same stance when all the other sporting events took place there.

Qatar are like a pub team, without a pub. Atrocious.

Trouble is next World Cup there will be 3 host nations clogging up the tournament.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Er, ok.  I don wonder if you took the same stance when all the other sporting events took place there.

Sure did. Don't care for boxing matches being held in Saudi Arabia for similar reasons too.

• Like 1

Wrong Shearer @Branston Picklethinks its offside 🤣.

@The Real Buhwas right, not one but 3 players deleted off that graphic. Clear to see that from the replay where they paused the live screen and turned it into the VAR graphic 

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

@The Real Buhwas right, not one but 3 players deleted off that graphic. Clear to see that from the replay where the been paused the live screen and turned it onto the VAR graphic 

It’s offside, and it was given offside.  I couldn’t give two ****s what Shearer says.

• Haha 2

Correction to my previous response.

The keeper punches the ball onto the head of the Ecuador player.

However I would stil argue here that as the keeper has played it onto the ecuador player, the contact is involuntary and not played at. Thus other player cannot be offside.

Happy to be told I am wrong.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

@The Real Buhwas right, not one but 3 players deleted off that graphic. Clear to see that from the replay where the been paused the live screen and turned it onto the VAR graphic 

The Real Buh was right…. Again 😂

blatant corruption, as if it actually matters. Absolute dogs41t team and hope they get  no pumped every game

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sure did. Don't care for boxing matches being held in Saudi Arabia for similar reasons too.

Good for you.  I presume you don’t fuel your car, either? 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Good for you.  I presume you don’t fuel your car, either? 

I don't drive. 😉

1 minute ago, snake-eyes said:

However I would stil argue here that as the keeper has played it onto the ecuador player, the contact is involuntary and not played at. Thus other player cannot be offside.

You are wrong.  It was given offside so it was offside.  The rest is irrelevant.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Bum boys?

Haven't heard that phrase for a few years.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s offside, and it was given offside.  I couldn’t give two ****s what Shearer says.

How much is Qatar paying you for the utter nonsense you've been spouting this afternoon?? 🤣

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

How much is Qatar paying you for the utter nonsense you've been spouting this afternoon?? 🤣

Wtf?

For someone who said they’d avoid the world cup you’re not doing very well, are you.

I knew he was a Norwich City management bootlicker but a Qatari bootlicker as well? 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Bum boys?

Haven't heard that phrase for a few years.

Reminds me of a funny story when I was player-managing my old five-a-side team. Slightly emotional sorta day as it was my last match before going to Germany for a year. Very hard-fought and low-scoring game then our ball-playing defender got fouled, but the referee didn't give it.

Gally, our player in question, was a bit of a moaner at the best of times. This time he went off the handle and called the ref a "f-u-c-king n-o-b-scratch". Before the ref got his card out to sinbin him, I shouted "f-u-c-king hell, Gally, I've not heard that since Church Road CP playground days!"

4 minutes ago, snake-eyes said:

Can't be offside as there's 3 players between the goal and keeper regardless of any touch. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Wtf?

For someone who said they’d avoid the world cup you’re not doing very well, are you.

Where did I say I'm avoiding it? 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I knew he was a Norwich City management bootlicker but a Qatari bootlicker as well? 😂

Jeez - you really don’t bother reading other posts do you, I presume you just sit smugly re-reading your own.

The question is, if referees can be bribed quite so easily as they have been here why can’t that happen on other leagues?

it’s blatantly been going on for ages, we need a full investigation now. There’s no conceivable way that referees AREN’T on the take, given the money involved.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Jeez - you really don’t bother reading other posts do you, I presume you just sit smugly re-reading your own.

What’s Qatars xG?

Can't be offside as there's 3 players between the goal and keeper regardless of any touch. 

Hi Ken, at the time the ball is punched by the goalkeeper onto the head of the ecuadorian player, there is only 1 Qatari player between the goal and the Ecuador player ruled offside.

It is an odd one though. I still believe they got it wrong.