A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

Marvellous....as if folk didn't know about Qatar well over a decade ago (December 2010) when they were 'awarded' the World Cup....

Queuing up to be now outraged....Bit late now....All Blatter an' Twisted....

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Extraordinary that I should discover this here! The British media is still taking a holier than thou, self righteous reporting approach whilst ignoring the fact that we live in the most corrupt country in Europe. With the exception of Russia obviously but we do have the distinction of washing their money for them. 

Do you get off to false self flagellation? It really is bizzare how many people in this country seem to enjoy screaming and crying about how this is THE WORST MOST EVIL CORRUPT COUNTRY IN ALL OF EUROPE!!! It's all very strange. Even stranger given how diverse this country is and how many migrants we have from other parts of Europe. Almost a million Polish people have moved here and live here , but don't worry I'm sure they only moved here as we are clearly a far worse and much more corrupt county than Poland right?

CPI2021_Mapindex_EN.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Marvellous....as if folk didn't know about Qatar well over a decade ago (December 2010) when they were 'awarded' the World Cup....

Queuing up to be now outraged....Bit late now....All Blatter an' Twisted....

Nate Silver was outraged at the time

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Almost a million Polish people have moved here and live here , but don't worry I'm sure they only moved here as we are clearly a far worse and much more corrupt county than Poland right?

You're speaking to someone of Polish heritage 😂

The list of facts about corruption in this country is endless but here's one or two.

Our ruling party has for the last 5 years been almost exclusively funded by Russian money. Johnson even gave one of them a place in the House of Lords against the advice of the security services. 

And how our Government handed over our money to its friends during the Covid crisis simply beggars belief. 

Add to that the direct involvement of 2 former Chancellors in the 2008 financial crash. Javid was Managing Director of Deutsche Bank who brought the world to its knees and our current Prime Minister made a small fortune out of RBS when he brokered a deal to buy a failing Dutch bank with no due diligence.

One in three bank accounts in worldwide tax havens is owned or controlled by a British person or company. We are the world champions at tax avoidance. Geoffrey Cox, until recently Attorney General, was paid a small fortune by BVI to help them to assist British people avoid tax. This whilst he was a serving MP. 

It's not self flaggelation I'm afraid. It's fact. This country is a financial cesspit and the current Government has it's noses firmly in the trough.

I suggest you do some research before sticking your head above the parapet again. Start by reading Treasure Islands, The Men Who Stole The World. 

Depay missing first game, maybe Lukaku as well as both continue recovering from hamstrings

For Aussi fans. Boyle failed fitness test and has been sent home. Don't think he was first choice anyway.

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're speaking to someone of Polish heritage 😂

The list of facts about corruption in this country is endless but here's one or two.

Our ruling party has for the last 5 years been almost exclusively funded by Russian money. Johnson even gave one of them a place in the House of Lords against the advice of the security services. 

And how our Government handed over our money to its friends during the Covid crisis simply beggars belief. 

Add to that the direct involvement of 2 former Chancellors in the 2008 financial crash. Javid was Managing Director of Deutsche Bank who brought the world to its knees and our current Prime Minister made a small fortune out of RBS when he brokered a deal to buy a failing Dutch bank with no due diligence.

One in three bank accounts in worldwide tax havens is owned or controlled by a British person or company. We are the world champions at tax avoidance. Geoffrey Cox, until recently Attorney General, was paid a small fortune by BVI to help them to assist British people avoid tax. This whilst he was a serving MP. 

It's not self flaggelation I'm afraid. It's fact. This country is a financial cesspit and the current Government has it's noses firmly in the trough.

I suggest you do some research before sticking your head above the parapet again. Start by reading Treasure Islands, The Men Who Stole The World. 

'Its fact' maybe what you say is indeed true and yet German research has stated us the as 11th least corrupt country in the world which rather goes against what you're saying.

Not quite the 'most corrupt country in Europe!!?' Then are we? Or was what you were saying simply hyperbole and that while this country has issues with corruption that do need to be sorted compared with others we are really not that bad? 

Beacause you stated we are THE worst. As in number one worst in all of Europe. So are we or are we not? Come on, you're the guy going on about research. 

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Its fact' maybe what you say is indeed true and yet German research has stated us the as 11th least corrupt country in the world which rather goes against what you're saying.

Not quite the 'most corrupt country in Europe!!?' Then are we? Or was what you were saying simply hyperbole and that while this country has issues with corruption that do need to be sorted compared with others we are really not that bad? 

Beacause you stated we are THE worst. As in number one worst in all of Europe. So are we or are we not? Come on, you're the guy going on about research. 

Actually I said we're second to Russia. 

I would suggest that you do your own research about our current Government rather than relying on Germany. Start by reading the book I recommended. I know it's a whole book but you'll manage. Eventually. 

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand the rest of your rant. Have you taken alcohol? 

And by the way, most of the outrage people have about this world cup relate to gay rights, treatment of immigrants and discrimination. 

Who was the last Premier League footballer to come out as gay? 

This country voted to stop immigration. Most of my Polish friends have gone home since Brexit. They simply couldn't cope with the abuse. 

When three of our black players missed a penalty there were over 100,000 racist comments on social media. 

Great Britain? Really?? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

The BBC strikes again. Switch on for a preview of Quatar v Equador and so far there has been 25 minutes of politics and 10 minutes of England and Wales. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The BBC strikes again. Switch on for a preview of Quatar v Equador and so far there has been 25 minutes of politics and 10 minutes of England and Wales. 

Was always going to be like this. Talking about it is obviously a much more effective statement than just refusing to go.

Didn't show the opening ceremony either. 

16 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Normally I hate virtue signalling, but the Beeb, and no doubt ITV will be too, are spot on to ne highlighting the nonsense of this tournament.

Anyway, on with the football, I presume we're all Ecuadorian right now?

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Did you see their team sing their national anthem? My God! I know it's been discussed on here before but England really could do with a proper English anthem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Normally I hate virtue signalling, but the Beeb, and no doubt ITV will be too, are spot on to ne highlighting the nonsense of this tournament.

Qatar v Brighton

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Did you see their team sing their national anthem? My God! I know it's been discussed on here before but England really could do with a proper English anthem. 

Agree, the national anthem is just dirge.

Very quiet singing by the "qataris" crowd 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Come on Ecuador. Break these ****ers' hearts and make their fans cry like the Brazilian fans when Germany dicked them 7-1 in the 2014 semi-final.

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The British broadcasting coporation being watched by a majority of people who are British and speak English might want to talk more about England and Wales than Quatar? Whatever next

Wish they were playing this slightly crude parody of the Saudi Arabian anthem. Now that would be freaking hilarious.

VAR called in. Wonder if they'll find a way to disallow it?

EDIT: Well, yeah.

Edited by TheGunnShow