Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Support Matt Hancock

What a coup getting this hero on ‘I’m A Celebrity 2022’ He’s only getting paid £400,000 and I’m sure he’ll be a public voting favourite. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If "support" means "provide a cyanide capsule disguised as a cod liver oil capsule" then sure.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I saw people suggesting he'd be voted out swiftly but I'd imagine the public will keep him in so he can eat kangaroo testicles for our entertainment.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

I saw people suggesting he'd be voted out swiftly but I'd imagine the public will keep him in so he can eat kangaroo testicles for our entertainment.

Kangaroo steak is tasty to be fair. Lost a bet last weekend in Dresden and had to eat it as a forfeit. Starts off very similar to beef-steak then gets quite grainy mid-bite and the final taste is between beef and venison.

Crocodile apparently tastes like chicken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Don't they have a week where no one can be voted off? I suspect he'll be eating a lot of genitalia that week before being voted off when the kicking outs start.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Don't they have a week where no one can be voted off? I suspect he'll be eating a lot of genitalia that week before being voted off when the kicking outs start.

I imagine they'll do what they did to Gillian McKeith- as many gross challenges as possible before being booted out so the more likeable people actually win.

To be honest though I've never watched the show properly so I'm not sure how long that actually lasts. 

We all need to be honest about the decaying state of our democracy - both here and in the US.

It's very obvious that you need to be a 'celebrity' first if you want to succeed in the days of populism. Johnson was TV personality well before he was any sort of politician (a comedian) - Trump was the US equivalent of Alan Sugar 'You're fired'. SKS is criticized for not having any 'personality' (no mention of his policies). 

So yes we get the politicians we deserve - or at least those on the right do. 

I think it was his parkour demonstrations during the Covid lockdown that really hooked me in. What an example I thought at the time. Our health secretary too. I've never stopped doing parkour ever since and as he stated, you "learn so much about your environment"

#goMatty

Then, there was that real point in history which Matt managed to capture with real gravitas:

Far, far too late for him to get on a major celebrity TV programme but I guess better late than never.

Edited by sonyc
#actually he is a ****
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

I think it was his parkour demonstrations during the Covid lockdown that really hooked me in. What an example I thought at the time. Our health secretary too. I've never stopped doing parkour ever since and as he stated, you "learn so much about your environment"

#goMatty

Then, there was that real point in history which Matt managed to capture with real gravitas:

Far, far too late for him to get on a major celebrity TV programme but I guess better late than never.

The Vic and Bob videos of them doing parkour would make a good comparison. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

We all need to be honest about the decaying state of our democracy - both here and in the US.

It's very obvious that you need to be a 'celebrity' first if you want to succeed in the days of populism. Johnson was TV personality well before he was any sort of politician (a comedian) - Trump was the US equivalent of Alan Sugar 'You're fired'. SKS is criticized for not having any 'personality' (no mention of his policies). 

It was a response to the Blair years. Labour was elected on slick presentation and putting its back benchers in a draconian strait-jacket to create an outward image of unity. That's when UK politics started the drift away from substance to the superficial. 

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It was a response to the Blair years. Labour was elected on slick presentation and putting its back benchers in a draconian strait-jacket to create an outward image of unity. That's when UK politics started the drift away from substance to the superficial. 

Exactly. The opposition became the Government with a seamless transfer. I wonder how many Tory voters voted Labour and were saying isn't that Tony Blair a lovely man.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Exactly. The opposition became the Government with a seamless transfer. I wonder how many Tory voters voted Labour and were saying isn't that Tony Blair a lovely man.

One day people will wake up and notice there is no difference between the main parties

Doubt it, not with this brand of ERG-related madness disguised as "conservatism".

On 04/11/2022 at 07:38, TheGunnShow said:

If "support" means "provide a cyanide capsule disguised as a cod liver oil capsule" then sure.

Or a Kangaroos penis to choke to death on!.

On 04/11/2022 at 09:58, Yellow Fever said:

Perhaps the left need to bring it down to this level then if they’re going to have any hope? The likes of Gary Neville getting involved could prove interesting. Should fight them at their own game.

It's a great publicity stunt by ITV to invite him on, then moan about it and stir up controversy on Good Morning Britain all in aid of increasing viewers 😉

Doesn't look as though Boy George is too happy about it and he'll be even less so when he twigs the hypocrisy of it all.

• Like 1

I assume that any meal containing genitalia will consist of said "meat and/or two veg" having been removed from a dead animal? Is that right?

To be honest, this is not the sort of entertainment that would persuade me to invest in a television 

Now if Matt Hancock was asked to source the contestants supper from a living Kangaroo with genitalia still intact, I would be queuing outside my nearest electrical store tomorrow morning 

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Doesn't look as though Boy George is too happy about it and he'll be even less so when he twigs the hypocrisy of it all.

I thought Boy George was fully supportive of the lockdown policy. Didn't he run a pre pandemic lockdown trial himself?

This show is brilliant, I just do not get the obsession with the Bake Off. I cannot stand sweepstakes at work, people taking selfies of themselves before watching it and people taking photos of their feet up on a puffet cushion before watching it all posted on Facesh*te.

With this show it’s hillarious and gives the public an opportunity to get their own back on celebrities who have annoyed them.

Matt has another trial and I voted five times!!!. LOVE IT!!!.

On 04/11/2022 at 08:26, TheGunnShow said:

Kangaroo steak is tasty to be fair. Lost a bet last weekend in Dresden and had to eat it as a forfeit. Starts off very similar to beef-steak then gets quite grainy mid-bite and the final taste is between beef and venison.

Crocodile apparently tastes like chicken.

I can vouch for this; I had some in Sydney a fair few years ago.

• Like 1

Hah, an old footy friend PMed me on FB last night (he has a relative in the production crew) so whilst I'm not allowed to say anything, I will just say I now like Chris Moyles.

I support that lying cheat, he is a model of an MP qby not changing my zero views of 'eat my celebrity alive' That is what they do, promise you everything they discussed once or twice and when elected, jump on any lucrative bandwagon possible forgetting their constituents needs. There are some who are well educated and try their best to be humanitarian, but I do not think that this antique model of an empirical democracy works for us, it works for the establishment and bottom feeders, the self anointed and those pretending to be pious.

A venomous scorpion apparently bit Hancock. Has anyone checked if the scorpion is OK?

• Haha 1

Going to p*ss off the Bake Off clan on the better half’s Facebook and she’s going to take a selfie of us before the show starts, alongside our feet up on a cushion in front of the TV….. as that’s what all those “soggy bottom” w@nkers always do before it comes on TV.

Better theme tune also, it gets you all hyped up for the show, while with that other show, it’s just noises of batter mixing and an annoying voiceover telling us to “bake”.

Far more interesting people as contestants in the jungle as well.

On 05/11/2022 at 10:58, keelansgrandad said:

This is the Blair who by winning three elections in a row was able to put money into public services and keep the vandalising Tories out of power for 13 years? If that kind of government was not to your taste then you must be loving the inevitable alternative, namely the return of the vandalising Tories.