Nexus_Canary

Freed from desire / lightshow

Anyone else find it a bit close to the money and a bit ironic that they played "freed from desire" last night?

Listen to the lyrics if your unsure.

Also that light show? Anyone else feeling the effects of that migraine/seizure/fit inducing debacle?

Sad how far away up the ivory tower or executive structure is, total disconnect from the fans.

Makes me sad.

• Haha 1

Still waiting for a reply from the Club re the lights. I would like to know how much they cost, a fair number of supporters around me look away during the show.

• Like 1

The lights are a pain in the ar$e for a number of reasons, see; https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/14/increase-in-led-lighting-risks-harming-human-and-animal-health

The last paragraph makes interesting reading, and I quote; "Some councils in England are already trying to reduce the impact of LED lighting, which Evans says are “encouraging signs” that action is being taken. He points out that some authorities are dimming the lights during night hours, and are changing the bandwidths of their LED bulbs to produce less harmful blue light, as seen on the Isle of Wight, which uses warmer bulbs that emit less blue light."

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Still waiting for a reply from the Club re the lights. I would like to know how much they cost, a fair number of supporters around me look away during the show.

Report it as a HSE incident, they have to do something about it...

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Report it as a HSE incident, they have to do something about it...

Yes, I’m sure they aren’t busy looking into real issues.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t think they are talking about floodlights on for c2 hours every now and then?

Probably not Branston, but the reasoning behind why they are doing it is important, besides the fact the bluddy things make the viewing experience a not particularly good one.

8 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

The club are aware of the complaints and are investigating.

That’s been the line since the season started, must be some investigation.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Why are you worried about how much they cost?

And what would be an acceptable figure?

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Too much considering a few months later when got the FD admitting we haven't got a pot to p*ss in. 

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s been the line since the season started, must be some investigation.

It's frustrating me too, but we raised it in the OSP meeting on Tuesday and I know for a fact that they were in the stands last night looking at it.

55 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Sad how far away up the ivory tower or executive structure is, total disconnect from the fans.

I'm not sure a light show is indicative of a disconnect from the fans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Why are you worried about how much they cost?

And what would be an acceptable figure?

Did you miss the recent video where the FD admitted that there's no money left?

If in the summer we have to make some administrative staff and academy coaches redundant to save costs, how many £25k a year jobs would you say they are worth?

If it was just £200k, that's 8 x £25k a year jobs. 

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, I’m sure they aren’t busy looking into real issues.

It might be a real issue for people with epilepsy.

• Like 2

Who decided this was a good idea? I was looking around and nobody in the crowd seemed even vaguely interested.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It might be a real issue for people with epilepsy.

Oh right, you’re a medical expert too, are you?

If there’s any reports of people needing medical attention yesterday I’m sure we’ll hear about them.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Who decided this was a good idea? I was looking around and nobody in the crowd seemed even vaguely interested.

Kids definitely were.  Seems old grumps definitely weren’t!

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Well, I am personally not against this sort of thing in principle, but it actually wasn't very good.

Particularly when the lighting seemed to get "stuck" towards the end of the song.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Anyone who valued thier retina more likely.

I don't get to the ground until a couple of minutes before kickoff, but as I was walking towards the river behind the South Stand, all those ugly-looking metallic blocks of flats were flashing away like mental due to the light show. I certainly wouldn't fancy trying to get a child asleep in those flats during it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I don't get to the ground until a couple of minutes before kickoff, but as I was walking towards the river behind the South Stand, all those ugly-looking metallic blocks of flats were flashing away like mental due to the light show. I certainly wouldn't fancy trying to get a child asleep in those flats during it.

Would Benadryl not solve that issue?

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Would Benadryl not solve that issue?

Waste of money, warmed up orange juice and just three or four drops of rum always worked a treat. Some people frown on that though.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Waste of money, warmed up orange juice and just three or four drops of rum always worked a treat. Some people frown on that though.

As much as I've never wanted kids, I'd always argue that very controlled exposure to booze is far better than puritanical forbidden fruit syndrome. Remember being soothed to sleep once as a ten-year old with a few drops of whisky in water as otherwise coughing was preventing me sleeping (and everyone else).

Never been drunk in my life. Pretty much teetotal.

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Never been drunk in my life. Pretty much teetotal.

I used to pity people like you.

Now I'm deeply envious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm not sure a light show is indicative of a disconnect from the fans.

I think you can look at everything as indicators, just obviously of various importance.

I have no idea personally what the point of a light show or flames for instance is. It’s not free either financially or in time to organise.

The pre match entertainment Its a very American thing and we see it increasingly in this country but as we are culturally very different I’m not sure what it’s meant to achieve and therefore what they are trying to achieve.

On the point of a disconnect someone somewhere decided to put on a light show, so obviously think that’s what the fans want. Maybe many do and I’m out of touch.

As a high empath, I feared the effects those flashing lights might have on epileptics. Having experienced the show last night, I thought along with the sound system, it was pretty good. Felt like 'showtime' when the main lights came on for the game, so excellent build-up. Shame the players didn't raise their game to the same standard...