TeemuVanBasten

I regret calling for Farke's dismissal...

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd respect him a lot more if he did.

I love Farke but how can you regret sacking a manager who won 6 out of 50 games. Including a run of at least 15 games without a win at premier league level

Webber shot Bambi and when it got no better under Smith sealed his own legacy.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You're a real nasty piece of work, dripping poison everywhere. 

Oh here we go, learnt nothing from last time then.

At least you haven't mentioned cancer this time. Yet, at least.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

100% Agree with OP.

Leeds was the final straw for me but only because he went against his own principles.

However in hindsight (And I've seen this with Bielsa at Leeds) Daniel was more than a football manager, I'd rather lose with him than win with Smith,

What's our end game? The be all and end all? 17th in Prem?

No thank you, we won with Daniel, we lost we Daniel, ultimately us, the fans let him down, when every problem.he had, came from above.

• Like 3

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not sure I really follow.

I'm guessing EU = Premier League, lots of riches, international exposure, playing with the big boys. You didn't fancy that.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

100% Agree with OP.

Leeds was the final straw for me but only because he went against his own principles.

However in hindsight (And I've seen this with Bielsa at Leeds) Daniel was more than a football manager, I'd rather lose with him than win with Smith,

No thank you, we won with Daniel, we lost we Daniel, ultimately us, the fans let him down, when every problem.he had, came from above.

We backed the wrong horse.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh here we go, learnt nothing from last time then.

At least you haven't mentioned cancer this time. Yet, at least.

At least the ref didn't wreck the game for you, binner. 

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

More than I regret voting for Brexit.

And that's saying something.

What were we thinking? What were the board thinking?

We can't blame Webber for this entirely, the fans had turned on Farke. They should have turned on Webber and his recruitment,  but they didn't they turned on Farke.

He was a great coach, lets be honest, is a source of regret, as I'm sure it is for a lot of people, that we didn't get behind him like Forest did with Cooper this season.

Cooper was set to be sacked, fans voiced their displeasure at this, recruitment team got sacked instead. That's what should have f*cking happened here isn't it, and Webber led the recruitment.

Why are we even discussing this again! The fans had NOT 'turned on' Farke - Fact! 

'Turning on' a manager is when the natives start singing (loudly) stuff like..........'you dont know what you're doing' and 'we want Worthy, Roeder, Hughton, etc. out' (they NEVER sang that about Farke).

• Like 2

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

At least the ref didn't wreck the game for you, binner. 

I'm so sorry, I've just realised that I may be communicating with an actual child. I can't apologise enough.

I'll do the decent thing and put you on the ignore list so I don't make the same mistake again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

38 of those games followed a £750k summer transfer spend, we really going to judge him on those?

Been saying this too… everyone seems to forget that in the analysis and the fact the second half of that season was post Covid! 

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

100% Agree with OP.

This was the problem with all of last season generally, the club essentially sold its soul in an attempt to stay in the PL. Looking back now it's easy to say we would take another relegation and try over and over to stay up while playing 'good football' in both divisions. This time last year nearly all fans would've sacked Farke in order to attempt to keep us up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TvB:

• Voted for Brexit
  • Favoured Liz Truss for PM
  • Campaigned to get rid of Daniel Farke. 

Basically, if you take the opposite view of whatever you think, it's clearly a good philosophy in life. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

This will reduce the number of pro-Dean Smith posts I see by approximately 85% and the number of pro-Webber posts I see by approximately 75% I reckon

Plus I won't have to observe your next public breakdown or see you call your fellow fans "cancerous". 

Apologies to whoever he chooses to relentlessly stalk and harass next, I'm sure it won't be long, guys got some serious issues.

.1090451298_capture2.PNG.58e11340c8b56e233ce00dacff128bb2.PNG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This will reduce the number of pro-Dean Smith posts I see by approximately 85% and the number of pro-Webber posts I see by approximately 75% I reckon

Plus I won't have to observe your next public breakdown or see you call your fellow fans "cancerous". 

Apologies to whoever he chooses to relentlessly stalk and harass next, I'm sure it won't be long. 

.1090451298_capture2.PNG.58e11340c8b56e233ce00dacff128bb2.PNG

Must have struck a nerve when I highlighted his awful track record for any sort of competent judgement...

39 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think I'm rewriting history by saying that the fans hadn't turned, at least fully.

Was mixed but not turned in fact  they were probably right back behind him after a win before he got the push. 

I hate this whole narrative that webber is some sort of transfer genius. We’ve only sold 1 player he’s bought in for profit all the others we’ve had to sell to make money have been academy graduates who would of been here regardless. It might be easier to argue we got where we did in-spite of Webber and his poor recruitment, there’s a lot mor Drmic than there is Pukki. 

44 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think I'm rewriting history by saying that the fans hadn't turned, at least fully.

Maybe they hadn't turned but I think if you said to them that we would be getting relegated again in a similar manner to before most would've said no to that.

• Like 1

Just now, repman said:

Maybe they hadn't turned but I think if you said to them that we would be getting relegated again in a similar manner to before most would've said no to that.

We still got relegated in a similar manner to before just with a worse guy to bring us back up. 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We still got relegated in a similar manner to before just with a worse guy to bring us back up. 😂

I agree, I'm just saying that I don't think the sacking was wrong (the subsequent appointment definitely was though).

• Like 2

Just now, repman said:

I agree, I'm just saying that I don't think the sacking was wrong (the subsequent appointment definitely was though).

Nothing the clubs has done in the past 16 months has made any sense for me. BK8, the sale of Emi, the awful recruitment, the sacking of Farke after a win, the hiring of smith. It’s just all one car crash after another really. The latest thing being that interview from the FD who should of just stuck to his abacus 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Eh?

They beat Liverpool the other day, and got a point away from Brighton the game before that.

They are turning the corner.

They lost 5-0 to Arsenal the other day.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

They lost 5-0 to Arsenal the other day.

The best team in the league, they won't be the last team this season to be hammered by Arsenal.

Unless Arteta jumps to Barcelona.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Nothing the clubs has done in the past 16 months has made any sense for me. BK8, the sale of Emi, the awful recruitment, the sacking of Farke after a win, the hiring of smith. It’s just all one car crash after another really. The latest thing being that interview from the FD who should of just stuck to his abacus 

No wonder Foulger wanted to sell up.

Farke was a managerial genius achieving what he did with the assets available to him. Sadly, since his departure much of the recruitment has been poor and it is also difficult to warm to Smith’s approach to the game. A different managerial voice seems unlikely to worsen our current predicament. History tells us, unfortunately, the board will fail to act until it is all too late. Time for the coach and sporting director to move on and for new equity to plug the looming hole in the balance sheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Must have struck a nerve when I highlighted his awful track record for any sort of competent judgement...

Final word...

-.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .- / -.-. ..- -. -

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The best team in the league, they won't be the last team this season to be hammered by Arsenal.

Unless Arteta jumps to Barcelona.

But you said they had turned a corner.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Morse code, actually.

What's Morse code for 'I have a terrible track record for judgement on really big issues, but that doesn't stop me criticising other people's judgement'? 😂

Edited by littleyellowbirdie