TeemuVanBasten

I regret calling for Farke's dismissal...

More than I regret voting for Brexit.

And that's saying something.

What were we thinking? What were the board thinking?

We can't blame Webber for this entirely, the fans had turned on Farke. They should have turned on Webber and his recruitment,  but they didn't they turned on Farke.

He was a great coach, lets be honest, is a source of regret, as I'm sure it is for a lot of people, that we didn't get behind him like Forest did with Cooper this season.

Cooper was set to be sacked, fans voiced their displeasure at this, recruitment team got sacked instead. That's what should have f*cking happened here isn't it, and Webber led the recruitment.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We can't blame Webber for this entirely, the fans had turned on Farke. They should have turned on Webber and his recruitment,  but they didn't they turned on Farke.

He was a great coach, lets be honest, is a source of regret, as I'm sure it is for a lot of people, that we didn't get behind him like Forest did with Cooper this season.

Cooper was set to be sacked, fans voiced their displeasure at this, recruitment team got sacked instead. That's what should have f*cking happened here isn't it, and Webber led the recruitment.

We should have kept Farke and sacked Webber. It is / was his fault.

I agree with your points raised.

• Thanks 3

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Yep, the wrong man went.

And the right man should still go, let somebody else try and sort this mess out.

And I really hope the next manager slags off the Webber regime like Webber did the McNally regime, because I honestly think Webber is leading us to a darker place than McNally would have.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't know, there were a lot of fans at the time, myself included, who were incredibly disappointed by the decision. 

I said at the time, and maintain now, that Farke should've been allowed to take us down if need be.

• Like 11

I miss Daniel so much. It really killed my joy of supporting the team when we sacked him, and in such a poor manner too, and Smith really isn't doing much to win it back. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't know, there were a lot of fans at the time, myself included, who were incredibly disappointed by the decision. 

I said at the time, and maintain now, that Farke should've been allowed to take us down if need be.

I don't really get this idea that the fans had turned on Farke. He had his vocal critics on here but then so has every Norwich manager. In the stadium, there was no personal invective directed at him. The Leeds game drew some in-game booing and a pretty loud one at the final whistle, but that was it. The previous home game was Brighton and fans were frustrated but acknowledged that but for the worst miss Carrow Road has ever seen, we'd have been walking home with 3 points.

The fans hadn't turned, there was no united movement to remove him like we saw with Worthy, Roeder and even Neil. And a huge chunk of fans were exasperated at his sacking after what may well have been a major turning point in the season with the win at Brentford. The backs to the wall, bodies on the line, desperate defence of the 2-1 lead certainly didn't indicate that the players had downed tools either.

• Like 3

The Farke out calls on twitter, facebook, and on the Pink'un were pretty overwhelming. A poll on here got 80% for Farke Out the week before he was sacked, almost as much as the Smith Out vote the other week.

I was always Webber Out rather than Farke Out, until the last couple of weeks. I regret those last couple of weeks immensely.

I think at the very least he should have got more time. I honestly think there are parallels with the Forest situation, and that their owner eventually made the right call. He backed their Head Coach, and sacked the person leading recruitment.

We backed the person leading recruitment and sacked the head coach. The productivity of his signings since suggest that we made the wrong call. Webber should have gone.

We sacked Farke because he let himself be sacked. He let himself take the heat for what was mainly Webber’s teams fault.

However he must have at least in some capacity agreed to the sale of Buendia and our summer recruitment. To agree to change his style of play and then failed to make that work.

My biggest issue with Farke is that he didn’t use his credit in the bank to force issues that ultimately lead to his dismissal. He made it too easy to sack him, maybe he was just too trusting, bet he won’t make the same mistakes again…suspect we will though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something like 6 wins in 50 premier league games might be the reason he was sacked. His approach was not going to change either. I think what works in the championship does and did not work in the premier league. Sacking him when he did actually saved him from it becoming toxic.

As for Cooper I don’t see him surviving the reason if there wretched form continues.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I don't really get this idea that the fans had turned on Farke. He had his vocal critics on here but then so has every Norwich manager. In the stadium, there was no personal invective directed at him. The Leeds game drew some in-game booing and a pretty loud one at the final whistle, but that was it. The previous home game was Brighton and fans were frustrated but acknowledged that but for the worst miss Carrow Road has ever seen, we'd have been walking home with 3 points.

The fans hadn't turned, there was no united movement to remove him like we saw with Worthy, Roeder and even Neil. And a huge chunk of fans were exasperated at his sacking after what may well have been a major turning point in the season with the win at Brentford. The backs to the wall, bodies on the line, desperate defence of the 2-1 lead certainly didn't indicate that the players had downed tools either.

Dean Smith is definitely surviving a more prolonged period of booing than Farke was given.

Although probably because we're skint and can't afford the compo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulfotto said:

Something like 6 wins in 50 premier league games might be the reason he was sacked.

38 of those games followed a £750k summer transfer spend, we really going to judge him on those?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cooper will be gone soon I suspect. I thought Webber timed it all wrong; having just won our first game, with the supporters and the players just starting to believe. I still think we'd have been relegated - our players were clearly not as good as they needed to be (just as Forest's aren't) but it would have kept the club stable in terms of our vision and progress, whereas we are all over the place now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

As for Cooper I don’t see him surviving the reason if there wretched form continues.

Eh?

They beat Liverpool the other day, and got a point away from Brighton the game before that.

They are turning the corner.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And the right man should still go, let somebody else try and sort this mess out.

And I really hope the next manager slags off the Webber regime like Webber did the McNally regime, because I honestly think Webber is leading us to a darker place than McNally would have.

Can you go? 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The Farke out calls on twitter, facebook, and on the Pink'un were pretty overwhelming. A poll on here got 80% for Farke Out the week before he was sacked, almost as much as the Smith Out vote the other week.

Let me guess, the poll was put up in the immediate aftermath of a defeat, like the Smith one was? You're going to get a lot of knee-jerk 'manager out' votes if that's the case.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dean Smith is definitely surviving a more prolonged period of booing than Farke was given.

Although probably because we're skint and can't afford the compo.

Not sure we can afford the apathy that continuing with him is bringing. There were literally thousands of no shows today. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number of attendees was down at 21,000. If season tickets holders aren't regularly showing up, then they're unlikely to renew. And how much does the average fan spend in the ground a game? Thousands not showing up equals thousands in lost revenue.

• Like 2

If we had any hopes of maintaining our Premier status then we had to part company with Farke, although agree the vitriol should have been more with Webber. However replacing Farke with Smith is the single worst decision Webber has made at this club. 

If at the time of Farkes dismissal we were told," yeah but if he goes, I'm getting Dean Smith" I'd have personally ripped my bed sheet off and scrawled over it before waving it in Webber's face. 

• Like 2

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can you?

Nope. Impressed that you've actually started a thread calling for a dismissal for doing what you wanted. Maybe you should take it as a sign that you're utterly clueless. 

Forest have sacked their recruitment team and gave Cooper a new contract within the last month. I think they've nailed their colours to the mast and will persist with Cooper for the time being.

You are assuming there that Forest are a rational club

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Forest have sacked their recruitment team and gave Cooper a new contract within the last month. I think they've nailed their colours to the mast and will persist with Cooper for the time being.

I put a sum on Forest being relegated before a ball was kicked and I'm comfortable that I'll get paid out early. I might double it on Cooper to get sacked by the end of January. Billionaires change colour at a moment's notice when their team is getting stuffed every week.

38 of those games followed a £750k summer transfer spend, we really going to judge him on those?

it's so interesting how a narrative develops, though. Those awful games in covid, plus a dreadful start to the new season, just seemed to enshrine the idea that it wasn't going to work in the PL. And so, in that context, the decision made sense, and it was made as late as possible to give the new man (whoever he was) a chance to turn things round. 

But it's easy to create a different narrative: to write off the first season for the reason you gave, to acknowledge that we had an awful start to the season in terms of covid and the fixtures, and, most importantly, to acknowledge that we weren't going to get a better coach. But that last one would have involved a huge amount of ignoring the noise. I do wonder how much Webber regrets it - not that he'd ever admit it, of course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nope. Impressed that you've actually started a thread calling for a dismissal for doing what you wanted. Maybe you should take it as a sign that you're utterly clueless. 

You still haven't quite got over making a massive tw*t out of yourself with your epic public meltdown the other week have you.

Sorry mate but no matter how many times you poke me with your stick, you will never get me to react like that much of a little b*tch. We all saw your true colours, shining through.

If you need to take somebody down with you, to make yourself feel better about your nervous breakdown, you should try another poster. I'm not going to buckle.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I do wonder how much Webber regrets it - not that he'd ever admit it, of course.

I'd respect him a lot more if he did.

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Mixing football and politics, that's unfortunate. I'll humour it though 😄

If you regret it that much then I'll have your season ticket.. since you ostensibly voted to stay out of the Premier League 🤣😭

Grass always greener, as the saying goes.

You still haven't quite got over making a massive tw*t out of yourself with your epic public meltdown the other week have you.

Sorry mate but no matter how many times you poke me with your stick, you will never get me to react like that much of a little b*tch.

If you need to take somebody down with you, to make yourself feel better about your nervous breakdown, you should try another poster. I'm relentless mate, I don't buckle.

I'm fine. It is absolutely astounding that you genuinely will call for someone's head for making a judgement that you yourself advocated really hard for. You're a real nasty piece of work, dripping poison everywhere.