Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Where is everybody?

I know the Wensum corner is usually half empty, but look at the Riverend and the first two blocks of the City Stand. Looks the same on the other side of the City stand too.

Commentators reckons there's 25,000 there, but that's because they count all the season ticket holders as attending even if they actually don't.

What does the actual attendance look like to those at the ground today, 22k perhaps?

Looks like a League Cup 3rd round turnout.

empty.thumb.PNG.75308bb436196b24b047aa1fff495ef8.PNG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Intentionally did screenshot well away from half-time and full-time so people who finish a beer before returning to their seat or people who leave early can't be blamed.

Plenty of seats available for both floodlight monitoring staff and a drummer.

7.12pm went to the South Stand washrooms. A 'hot' tap provides stone cold water and our famous atmosphere- minus the drummer- never got going. 

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

7.12pm went to the South Stand washrooms. A 'hot' tap provides stone cold water

The cloth cutting has started then.

Looking forward to Waveney reporting back on the current state of the Scampi, a reduction in number of pieces surely forthcoming.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Was full around me lower barclay and Jarrold was pretty full from where I was sat. Wensum corner and Aviva corner a bit quiet but that's not uncommon.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Was full around me lower barclay and Jarrold was pretty full from where I was sat. Wensum corner and Aviva corner a bit quiet but that's not uncommon.

Were quite a few empty seats around me in the lower Barclay today. Quite a few season ticket holders who have been there for years not showing up recently. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The weather and the fact it was on TV may have put off some fans, as well. My dad didn't bother tonight because he lives an hour away and quoted those two reasons. 

Would he have minded the weather as much in a Farke Championship season I wonder?

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Felt like more in  tonight than other games recently . Thought the crowd was pretty decent . 

More there than Saturday

The game was like the “””Light Show””” before the game

A damp squib 

More excitement turning the toilet light on and off

I guess like our players some weeks, our fans just couldn't be bothered either 😅

Numerous seats empty in the Upper river end where I was. Infact more than I can remember for a league game in many years. 

Tedious, backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways passes. 

6 minutes ago, daly said:

The game was like the “””Light Show””” before the game

Imagine paying to install all those lights and those silly stickers on the outside of the stands and then doing a video a few months later to admit that we haven't got a pot to p*ss in.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Felt like more in  tonight than other games recently . Thought the crowd was pretty decent . 

Yep, atmosphere considerably better too for the most part.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Would he have minded the weather as much in a Farke Championship season I wonder?

I doubt he went to many games in Farke's last Championship season...

Pretty much the entire row in front of me in the Barclay Upper was empty.

Atmosphere was a bit better but there were lots of grumbling about the general boring play.

Block H of The South Stand completely empty. It is usually given to the away club but when they don't take their full allocation it is usually available for home fans but can only guess there were no takers tonight.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Block H of The South Stand completely empty. It is usually given to the away club but when they don't take their full allocation it is usually available for home fans but can only guess there were no takers tonight.

That was really strange as we sold that block out in other games. Not a single person, not one. I can only assume the seats were available for sale.