cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread v QPR*

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

What? Thought you were enjoying it the way you were so worried about the referee wrecking it with a good decision.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interestng given sky have said it was a great game and that he hopes neither fans boo as both sides have played well then

My one said "there will be boo's at the end if Norwich don't win this"

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Commentator just said "bad night for fans of good football, I have to say"

Welcome to our season mate.

What commentary were you watching? Sky commentators were saying what a good game it was.

• Like 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interestng given sky have said it was a great game and that he hopes neither fans boo as both sides have played well then

Mmm. I don't know what commentator TVB was listening to.

• Like 1

Reasonable. Great save from Gunn to keep us level and we should have won it at the end. Take the point, it could have been worse and I think there are signs that something is starting to come together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Second half absolutely dreadful. Can’t see the point in keeping Smith any longer. Good time to change manager before the world cup 

Point against the team in 4th and you want him sacked. Christ sake, the state of some our fans. Feel you lot wont be happy unless we win every match 7-0. I get the frustrations due to missed chances but get some perspective.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

If only pukki laid it off to hernandez at the end instead of shanking with his left foot 🙄😔🔰🔰

Thought we played much better tonight. They were against 12 men and still looked good. Couple of squeeky bum moments but other than that. Draw probably fair.

• Like 1

Could of won that, could of easily lost it had it not been for the brilliance of Angus, decent point against a well organised QPR for me.2 winnable games to come, il take it 🙂

• Like 3

Just now, Monty13 said:

What commentary were you watching? Sky commentators were saying what a good game it was.

I have no idea, this is the screen showing at the end. 

Is this something the EFL does? I've only seen the EFL Championship Logo throughout.

Think it might be syndicated content produced by EFL for an American audience, but with English commentators, as the adverts post-game are definitely American.

Capture.thumb.PNG.9a24cc88e8c3246ff1e8385791e914b7.PNG

• Haha 1

Amazed by the level of negativity on here. People aware there was a good opposition also playing?

I think we should and could have won that, but that was one of the most entertaining 0-0s I’ve seen in a while.

• Like 7

I think we do better when we start off a little slower and build up; tiring the other team a bit and then changing it up later seems to get us in better; this way if we don't get in early then they get the measure of us and we find it that much harder as the game goes on .

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Amazed by the level of negativity on here. People aware there was a good opposition also playing?

I think we should and could have won that, but that was one of the most entertaining 0-0s I’ve seen in a while.

yes, agree entirely. QPR shut up shop in the last 15 minutes, which is fair enough. Needed to take one of our chances in the first half, really.

I think a lot of the negativity is carried over from previous games. We were okay at our worst and pretty good at our best in this game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think we do better when we start off a little slower and build up; tiring the other team a bit and then changing it up later seems to get us in better; this way if we don't get in early then they get the measure of us and we find it that much harder as the game goes on .

Our best spell was the first 20 mins though? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

People aware there was a good opposition also playing?

Bit of an unknown really. They obviously went on a strong run with Willock going on a goalscoring streak.

They lost their last two away games... 2-0 to Birmingham the other day, and got tanked 3-1 by Luton in their away game before that.

So they'd have been grateful for a point on the road no matter who the opposition was tonight I feel. 

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

Our best spell was the first 20 mins though? 

That's what I mean. It was good until they got the measure of us, and then we didn't really have anywhere to go; save the best for later when they're a bit tired. 

And Burnley get a last min equaliser, their results more like ours used to be 😔🔰