Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Atmosphere Meeting.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ha! I actually asked that very question, I'd been meaning to let you know about that.

They are still there, but I believe the onus is on ACN/BEN to orchestrate the distribution/collection of the flags. As I understand it, ACN have tried to get enough helpers to distribute them but have found it difficult to do so... apparently the general appetite for flags/surfers among fans isn't really that great at the moment.

Is that accurate, @Puntino?

@Puntino if City Elite cannot bang their drum maybe some of those keen young lads could help ?

Edited by TIL 1010

38 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Puntino if City Elite cannot bang their drum maybe some of those keen young lads could help ?

Good suggestion @TIL 1010, we are talking to them about getting some flags for away games too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Some better pre game music wouldn’t hurt, same old dross played week after week. Cheaper booze in the club bars to get people in earlier and be a bit more loose when they watch the game wouldn’t hurt either. 

Better connection from the players and fans, better football on the pitch, at least get smith to walk out on the pitch after the game and do a wave to all 4 corners to make it seem like he cares a jot. 

id broadcast a tunnel cam onto the big screen too so people know when the players are in the tunnel and to start building the noise from the crowd. 

If that genuinely matters to fans then I have no idea what I'm doing supporting football anymore.

• Like 3

Assume this has come from the meeting? 

Would have thought the club would have used their own osp as a sounding board though......

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Assume this has come from the meeting? 

Would have thought the club would have used their own osp as a sounding board though......

They held a meeting on Tuesday regarding matchday atmosphere which had representatives from numerous fan groups, including someone from the OSP.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They held a meeting on Tuesday regarding matchday atmosphere which had representatives from numerous fan groups, including someone from the OSP.

I know, thats what this thread is about. Surprised city elite or whoever are canvassing fans after a meeting when the club has the osp. 5hat was my point 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I know, thats what this thread is about. 

Right-o. What have I missed here?

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Right-o. What have I missed here?

I've just edited my post wolfie

2 hours ago, Puntino said:

@TIL 1010 - I don't log in here often but I did see your other recent post when I signed in today. If you're up for helping for games moving forward it would be very much appreciated. Maybe email us at alongcomenorwich@gmail.com and we can add your name in for future lists? 

That will keep you busy Tilly from 12:30 onwards, much healthier than going to the pub 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I know, thats what this thread is about. Surprised city elite or whoever are canvassing fans after a meeting when the club has the osp. 5hat was my point 

They're free to do whatever they want, I'm not sure that they're doing that on behalf of the club. I've got no issue with other fan groups canvassing opinion – the club are really keen to help improve the atmosphere on matchdays, so we're all pulling in the same direction.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They're free to do whatever they want, I'm not sure that they're doing that on behalf of the club. I've got no issue with other fan groups canvassing opinion – the club are really keen to help improve the atmosphere on matchdays, so we're all pulling in the same direction.

Absolutely anyone is free to do what they feel will get the best results. Totally agree, but if the club has an official panel, surely they should be the first port of call in my opinion. 

Anyways.  We've had this discussion before. Happy to move on, and wish all fans groups good luck in their endeavour as something needs to happen. 

@TIL 1010with the flags could be the catalyst required! 

It's Nothing to do with how far apart the fans & the club are I suppose,  after all it was the fans fault we got relegated last season ( Webber) & now Smith comes up with more or less the same story, Perhaps if Smith & Co design a playing pattern things might change. 

The scummers have gone from 14, 000 to around 28, 000 due to a style of play & winning, its not that hard to understand is it ???? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If that genuinely matters to fans then I have no idea what I'm doing supporting football anymore.

To me acknowledgement to the fans from a man who gets paid a lot of money and is trusted to look after the club is a minimum requirement. Appreciation for people who are spending money to support the club amid a cost of living crisis and in the face of a global recession as just a decent thing to do on a human level. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Absolutely anyone is free to do what they feel will get the best results. Totally agree, but if the club has an official panel, surely they should be the first port of call in my opinion. 

Anyways.  We've had this discussion before. Happy to move on, and wish all fans groups good luck in their endeavour as something needs to happen. 

@TIL 1010with the flags could be the catalyst required! 

We have been consulted about it before, and we've brought it up before at our meetings. It might be as a result of those conversations that they called the wider meeting involving other fan groups?

Anyway, as I wasn't personally at the meeting there's no point in me commenting further – other to endorse your comments and wish everyone luck in what they're doing.

I'd be happy to help put the flags out, as long as not sitting in the Barclay is no obstacle to that – @Puntino, presumably they'd let me into the Barclay to put the flags out and then I could go to my usual perch in the River End once I've finished helping out?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'd be happy to help put the flags out, as long as not sitting in the Barclay is no obstacle to that – @Puntino, presumably they'd let me into the Barclay to put the flags out and then I could go to my usual perch in the River End once I've finished helping out?

Can't have you missing in action, behind the lines wolfie! 

I'm in the upper N&P so if you take a ball of string ill hold onto the other end to guide back to the quiet serenity on the upper N&P

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can't have you missing in action, behind the lines wolfie! 

I'm in the upper N&P so if you take a ball of string ill hold onto the other end to guide back to the quiet serenity on the upper N&P

I mean, I would offer to put some flags out in the River Upper, but I don't think the natives would take kindly to that... 😉

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I mean, I would offer to put some flags out in the River Upper, but I don't think the natives would take kindly to that... 😉

You could dish out the bovril & blankets...

Just now, Greavsy said:

You could dish out the bovril & blankets...

Hang on... why don't I get Bovril? Maybe I'm not in the River Upper Inner Circle... 😉

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hang on... why don't I get Bovril? Maybe I'm not in the River Upper Inner Circle... 😉

The elite do, its smuggled in their drum! 

And if you don't believe me, just remember they have a sheet, which is almost a blanket too!

Just look at the evidence. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

To me acknowledgement to the fans from a man who gets paid a lot of money and is trusted to look after the club is a minimum requirement. Appreciation for people who are spending money to support the club amid a cost of living crisis and in the face of a global recession as just a decent thing to do on a human level. 

I'd rather he just focussed on being a manager. He does applaud the fans when walks out from the city stand but doesn't make a song and dance about it.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I'd rather he just focussed on being a manager. He does applaud the fans when walks out from the city stand but doesn't make a song and dance about it.

Thats sad - just a wave/clap does not hurt  anyone-especially when he himself ask the fans to show their support during games by ie singing/clapping the team etc

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Thats sad - just a wave/clap does not hurt  anyone-especially when he himself ask the fans to show their support during games by ie singing/clapping the team etc

Again, he claps the fans when he comes out at the start of a match.

If it means so much to grown men that another grown man waves at you then that's your prerogative, but I can't say it bothers me in the slightest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Again, he claps the fans when he comes out at the start of a match.

If it means so much to grown men that another grown man waves at you then that's your prerogative, but I can't say it bothers me in the slightest.

One angle is to trivialise it as grown men wishing for another grown man to wave at them and thus making all the grown men wishing for said wave seem a bit silly.

Another angle is to understand that, group of grown men, women and children, passionate about supporting their team wish to feel a stronger connection and bond with the current management and feel this would help, which it may well do. It certainly wouldn’t do any harm. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

One angle is to trivialise it as grown men wishing for another grown man to wave at them and thus making all the grown men wishing for said wave seem a bit silly.

Another angle is to understand that, group of grown men, women and children, passionate about supporting their team wish to feel a stronger connection and bond with the current management and feel this would help, which it may well do. It certainly wouldn’t do any harm. 

So these passionate men supporting their team need more waving from the manager which might help? What's the right quantity of waving? He subtly waves / applauds the fans when he first comes out. Should he do it again at half time? Full time? Should the light show be directed to the dugout for kick-off so we can see him wave?

He could wave for the entire 90 minutes but if we lose the game I guarantee it won't make the slightest difference to peoples views on him.

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

We have been consulted about it before, and we've brought it up before at our meetings. It might be as a result of those conversations that they called the wider meeting involving other fan groups?

Anyway, as I wasn't personally at the meeting there's no point in me commenting further – other to endorse your comments and wish everyone luck in what they're doing.

Thanks - yes you can come in ahead of turnstiles and leave before the match usually. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So these passionate men supporting their team need more waving from the manager which might help? What's the right quantity of waving? He subtly waves / applauds the fans when he first comes out. Should he do it again at half time? Full time? Should the light show be directed to the dugout for kick-off so we can see him wave?

He could wave for the entire 90 minutes but if we lose the game I guarantee it won't make the slightest difference to peoples views on him.

Oh dear. How do you respond to that?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

All I can say to you is that over my time supporting Norwich all my favourite managers made a good effort to connect with the fans and acknowledge their support. Mike Walker, Martin O’Neil (all be it briefly), Paul Lambert, Alex Neil, Daniel Farke. I have memories of all walking on the pitch hugging players waving and clapping at fans thanking us for support. I can even remember Lambert running after players who wanted to leave the pitch after away defeats and sending them back to clap fans at away games. It’s the things like that which build an affection between manager and fan base. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

All I can say to you is that over my time supporting Norwich all my favourite managers made a good effort to connect with the fans and acknowledge their support. Mike Walker, Martin O’Neil (all be it briefly), Paul Lambert, Alex Neil, Daniel Farke. I have memories of all walking on the pitch hugging players waving and clapping at fans thanking us for support. I can even remember Lambert running after players who wanted to leave the pitch after away defeats and sending them back to clap fans at away games. It’s the things like that which build an affection between manager and fan base. 

I would argue it was the fact they were generally successful that you liked them. 

Certainly Alex Neil clapping us didn't help as soon as we started losing, the same complaints as now happened. In fact a disconnect between fans and club was mentioned the season he was sacked.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In fact a disconnect between fans and club was mentioned the season he was sacked.

Was there? Not recalling that at all, that doesn't mean it's not true of course, but I have not witnessed an en mass disconnect with the club as in the last year ever

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Was there? Not recalling that at all, that doesn't mean it's not true of course, but I have not witnessed an en mass disconnect with the club as in the last year ever

I think it was more the club aren't listening to us, they think we're happy with AN etc etc. So probably not literally the same phraseology but it all ends up at the same point.

• Like 1