Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Atmosphere Meeting.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Let me tag in @Feedthewolf for starters.

We had a brief update at the OSP meeting last night, but I'll let a member of the groups who actually attended the Atmosphere meeting elaborate.  It seems most of the comments were around long term changes rather than anything immediate.  The drum was of course talked about, especially as City Elite had representation at the meeting.

• Thanks 1

Improving atmosphere at any club could be quite easy I reckon.

A return to standing sections of the ground would be one, coupled with the scrapping of allocated seating/standing in some areas to allow the singers to naturally congregate. Job done, just like the good old days.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

You can write your question in advance. There is/was no point in suddenly springing a surprise question anyway as their only response was to glance around the room for someone to take on the hot potato. 

There is always the chance they may do a little more homework on the questions given the Attanassio factor.

Oh yes so they can only cherry pick the questions they want to answer what a fantastically open and transparent way to run a club. It’s turning into more like a maffia family with each passing day. 

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Are the same city elite with the Delia out sheet?

I believe they own a tin pot too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

We had a brief update at the OSP meeting last night, but I'll let a member of the groups who actually attended the Atmosphere meeting elaborate.  It seems most of the comments were around long term changes rather than anything immediate.  The drum was of course talked about, especially as City Elite had representation at the meeting.

Cheers for that. Should probably add that there was a representative from the OSP at the meeting, but not one who posts on this board. They updated us briefly about the atmosphere meeting last night and said it was productive with lots of ideas being exchanged. There was lots of discussion around the drum specifically (although I don't know exactly what was said on that front).

10 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Floodlights were brought up again at our OSP meeting last night.  I've been assured it is being looked into, and that people from the club are sitting in different areas of the ground to measure the impact of the lights.

Thanks. Good to know that this issue is being followed up and some proactive monitoring is in place

If they were working to the principle of one complaint is a complaint too many they would have taken this action in August and perhaps saved many supporters discomfort or in passing up games they would otherwise have attended.

Also need to check the hot water taps in the South Stand tonight as my wife assured me that the stone cold or scalding hot issue reoccurred on Saturday

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks. Good to know that this issue is being followed up and some proactive monitoring is in place

If they were working to the principle of one complaint is a complaint too many they would have taken this action in August and perhaps saved many supporters discomfort or in passing up games they would otherwise have attended.

Also need to check the hot water taps in the South Stand tonight as my wife assured me that the stone cold or scalding hot issue reoccurred on Saturday

Yes, I made it clear that as someone who doesn't particularly have any issue with lights normally that the floodlights are undeniably 'too bright'.  Someone should be in the South Stand tonight to monitor, as I think it's people in the City Stand and South Stand that are most impacted by the lights.

Don't get me started on the taps...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

Yes, I made it clear that as someone who doesn't particularly have any issue with lights normally that the floodlights are undeniably 'too bright'.  Someone should be in the South Stand tonight to monitor, as I think it's people in the City Stand and South Stand that are most impacted by the lights.

#tapgate

• Like 1

Football lost its soul a long time ago with atmosphere going with it . Look at the atmosphere in Latin American stadia - ticker tape, umbrellas, banners, flares the works. It means everything to fans and that passion passes into stadia even if for the most part the quality on the pitch is league 1 at best. 

You only have to look at posts here to see the issue. Season ticket holders that just can't be bothered to show up. Presumably when they do show they make no noise at all, barring the occasional seal clap.  I do understand it in part but gone are the days of showing up an hour prior to kick off and creating an atmosphere. 

This is not a Norwich issue, it is mirrored across the country. All too middle class, sterilised and fit for TV. 

So any initiative however small is welcome. Well done to anyone attempting to get some noise created!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Canario said:

Football lost its soul a long time ago with atmosphere going with it . Look at the atmosphere in Latin American stadia - ticker tape, umbrellas, banners, flares the works. It means everything to fans and that passion passes into stadia even if for the most part the quality on the pitch is league 1 at best. 

You only have to look at posts here to see the issue. Season ticket holders that just can't be bothered to show up. Presumably when they do show they make no noise at all, barring the occasional seal clap.  I do understand it in part but gone are the days of showing up an hour prior to kick off and creating an atmosphere. 

This is not a Norwich issue, it is mirrored across the country. All too middle class, sterilised and fit for TV. 

So any initiative however small is welcome. Well done to anyone attempting to get some noise created!!

Agreed it's not just a Norwich City issue. Also, away fans are nearly always louder compared to home games, spending all day drinking etc. Just look at the away support that visit the Carra, then compare to their home ground on the reverse fixture.

30 minutes ago, Canario said:

Some better pre game music wouldn’t hurt, same old dross played week after week. Cheaper booze in the club bars to get people in earlier and be a bit more loose when they watch the game wouldn’t hurt either. 

Better connection from the players and fans, better football on the pitch, at least get smith to walk out on the pitch after the game and do a wave to all 4 corners to make it seem like he cares a jot. 

id broadcast a tunnel cam onto the big screen too so people know when the players are in the tunnel and to start building the noise from the crowd. 

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Watergate surely...

Ever get the feeling you've just missed an open goal?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Some better pre game music wouldn’t hurt, same old dross played week after week. Cheaper booze in the club bars to get people in earlier and be a bit more loose when they watch the game wouldn’t hurt either. 

Better connection from the players and fans, better football on the pitch, at least get smith to walk out on the pitch after the game and do a wave to all 4 corners to make it seem like he cares a jot. 

id broadcast a tunnel cam onto the big screen too so people know when the players are in the tunnel and to start building the noise from the crowd. 

That's a good shout!

Most people are as happy as they set out to be. The opposite is true with the misery guts. What's wrong with wanting to go and wanting to be there. We all must have had that once upon a time. Some have chosen to lose it. 

Me?

Can't wait to be there as always.

Lockdown was such a souless time for us all.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Cheers for that. Should probably add that there was a representative from the OSP at the meeting, but not one who posts on this board. They updated us briefly about the atmosphere meeting last night and said it was productive with lots of ideas being exchanged. There was lots of discussion around the drum specifically (although I don't know exactly what was said on that front).

Did the flags get a mention at either meeting @Feedthewolf or are they now just a distant memory together with the crowd surfers never to come out of the Barclay cupboard again ?

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

Thanks. I think that possibly the people most impacted are those with particular optical arrangements and as a South Stand customer those directly opposite the City Stand lights. 

Thanks for the OSPs efforts. I can understand that it is a big challenge for you.

Do you know if they have consulted other Clubs particularly those with compact stadiums who have used the same company's product and what were their experiences? Could that question be asked?

Hold on, we had a meeting with the club about the current atmosphere at the ground?? This is the most depressing thing I've heard in quite some time. 

Saying that, admittedly I was in the Upper Barclay for the 1st time in ages, but both sets of fans were **** poor tonight, considering it was a 5th v 4th match 

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Most people are as happy as they set out to be. The opposite is true with the misery guts. What's wrong with wanting to go and wanting to be there. We all must have had that once upon a time. Some have chosen to lose it. 

Me?

Can't wait to be there as always.

Lockdown was such a souless time for us all.

Its actually probably relevant to point out that 'excess deaths' are at very high levels, loads of people getting covid again.

And whilst we'll never see an enforced lockdown again... because the country can't afford it...

Covid remains a problem, is still killing people, and that may be a factor behind some of the empty seats.

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its actually probably relevant to point out that 'excess deaths' are at very high levels, loads of people getting covid again.

And whilst we'll never see an enforced lockdown again... because the country can't afford it...

Covid remains a problem, is still killing people, and that may be a factor behind some of the empty seats.

You're certainly right Teemu. Like I keep saying there's lots of things at play here. Much more than just not winning enough games.

7 hours ago, Satriales said:

Agreed it's not just a Norwich City issue. Also, away fans are nearly always louder compared to home games, spending all day drinking etc. Just look at the away support that visit the Carra, then compare to their home ground on the reverse fixture.

It did make me laugh that you could actually hear the QPR fans singing 'he's got a sh1t *** haircut' as Sara took a corner...

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It did make me laugh that you could actually hear the QPR fans singing 'he's got a sh1t *** haircut' as Sara took a corner...

That was aimed at Cantwell.

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did the flags get a mention at either meeting @Feedthewolf or are they now just a distant memory together with the crowd surfers never to come out of the Barclay cupboard again ?

Ha! I actually asked that very question, I'd been meaning to let you know about that.

They are still there, but I believe the onus is on ACN/BEN to orchestrate the distribution/collection of the flags. As I understand it, ACN have tried to get enough helpers to distribute them but have found it difficult to do so... apparently the general appetite for flags/surfers among fans isn't really that great at the moment.

Is that accurate, @Puntino?

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ever get the feeling you've just missed an open goal?

Hey , with that Haaland Hattrick bet behind you, you've had enough open goals for one fella in one season.😇😂👌

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ha! I actually asked that very question, I'd been meaning to let you know about that.

They are still there, but I believe the onus is on ACN/BEN to orchestrate the distribution/collection of the flags. As I understand it, ACN have tried to get enough helpers to distribute them but have found it difficult to do so... apparently the general appetite for flags/surfers among fans isn't really that great at the moment.

Is that accurate, @Puntino?

Thanks FTW. It's a tricky one, we have definitely struggled to get enough people to put out and collect flags of late, which, coupled with some general apathy and dare I say it, disconnect in the fanbase, has meant we didn't necessarily think it was the best thing to do. Last season we stopped doing flags because a lot of people just seemed to have had enough of them, they were barely being waved in the Barclay. I acknowledge that has probably changed now. 

Due to a change in personal circumstances I can't be there to put them out as often as I'd like and others have had similar things crop up as well. I think this is the same for the Barclay End Norwich gents too. 

In summary, we definitely want to get back to doing displays and the club are keen too, but we might need to rethink how we do it and whether we need additional volunteers. 

@TIL 1010 - I don't log in here often but I did see your other recent post when I signed in today. If you're up for helping for games moving forward it would be very much appreciated. Maybe email us at alongcomenorwich@gmail.com and we can add your name in for future lists? Might be good to target the first game back after the World Cup but I'll discuss that with our group and the BEN guys as well. 

Also re the crowd surfers that's a whole other thing, and some of them might be in a state of disrepair for various reasons around the lack of appropriate storage we've been provided, but we need to check out the condition of them soon to confirm this. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, essex canary said:

Thanks Diane. I now remember reading the EDP article nearly 2 months ago about this service at an away game then the Club appointing a totally different ineffective drummer for a home game then giving some inexplicable reasoning. Good to see that the Club have eventually followed that one up.

Then again I know Wolfie like myself addressed the floodlight issue in August and got a holding response about the Italian company being further consulted. It would be good if that issue could be followed up fully in 2 months. The Club's customer services standards suggest 2 weeks should be the norm for a full response

Look, the club said you'd asked for dazzling experiences at Carrow Road, blindingly good even... 🤣