Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Atmosphere Meeting.

Anybody know how it went yesterday afternoon at the club attended by a number of supporters groups including City Elite ?

Who are City Elite (assuming something other than the Board)? 

Is this about atmosphere in meeting rooms or in the stands or both?

To be fair the Club will probably need to go extensively through their MI5 style confidentiality checks over the next 3 weeks or so before they can let us pleb shareholders in on the act.

Edited by essex canary

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This would be more appropriate at the moment:

Joy division wearing Russ Abbott's scouting shorts is something I'd pay to see. Dib dib dib. 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

To be fair the Club will probably need to go extensively through their MI5 style confidentiality checks over the next 3 weeks or so before they can let us pleb shareholders in on the act.

Is there any particular reason why shareholders should be first in line to find out what went on at a meeting about the match atmosphere at Carrow Road ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is there any particular reason why shareholders should be first in line to find out what went on at a meeting about the match atmosphere at Carrow Road ?

Yes, if you bought a certain number of shares you were promised a video live stream to every meeting that ever happens at Carrow Road for life, even if its about whether the catering stands should stock Chicken Balti, Chicken & Mushroom, or Chicken & Bacon Pukka Pies.

Didn't ever materialise. Essex Canary is raging. 

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not really. The young people's meeting this week, the old codgers next week. Makes sense?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Joy division wearing Russ Abbott's scouting shorts is something I'd pay to see. Dib dib dib. 

I do worry about you sometimes 

• Haha 1

Can only imagine the meeting descend into an exercise in spleen venting if attendees are being honest.

The drum would probably come up as an example of hearing what fans are saying but not listening. Calling out fans in club media should as well.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, if you bought a certain number of shares you were promised a video live stream to every meeting that ever happens at Carrow Road for life, even if its about whether the catering stands should stock Chicken Balti, Chicken & Mushroom, or Chicken & Bacon Pukka Pies.

Didn't ever materialise. Essex Canary is raging. 

As I understand is there’s not even a Q&A session at this years AGM for shareholders so the days of the powers that be being held accountable are long gone 

40 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Can only imagine the meeting descend into an exercise in spleen venting if attendees are being honest.

The drum would probably come up as an example of hearing what fans are saying but not listening. Calling out fans in club media should as well.

Indeed. The young folk will be banging a drum this week. The old folk will be on about not banging it next week or banging a different one. Not that any of it matters as long as one couple keep their fat income whilst another keep their precious majority shareholding.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

As I understand is there’s not even a Q&A session at this years AGM for shareholders so the days of the powers that be being held accountable are long gone 

You can write your question in advance. There is/was no point in suddenly springing a surprise question anyway as their only response was to glance around the room for someone to take on the hot potato. 

There is always the chance they may do a little more homework on the questions given the Attanassio factor.

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Indeed. The young folk will be banging a drum this week. The old folk will be on about not banging it next week or banging a different one. Not that any of it matters as long as one couple keep their fat income whilst another keep their precious majority shareholding.

I mean it isn't as if you keep banging the same drum on here last week, this week and no doubt next week now is it ?

• Haha 1

What income do they get? Genuine question, I have no idea.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

I've seen City Elite on Twitter, they are the group who travel to away games with the drum, seemingly they put on a couple of mini buses so guessing there must be around 12 - 20 odd or so of them, not sure though.

Seems as though thre meeting was how to improve atmosphere at home games and the club invited various supporters groups to attend.

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody know how it went yesterday afternoon at the club attended by a number of supporters groups including City Elite ?

I heard it was attended by one person from Supp Panel,  Trust, Forces2Canaries, Along Come Norwich, the  City Elite , Disabled group  so one of them should be able to fill you in Tilly.

1 minute ago, Diane said:

I heard it was attended by one person from Supp Panel,  Trust, Forces2Canaries, Along Come Norwich, the  City Elite , Disabled group  so one of them should be able to fill you in Tilly.

Let me tag in @Feedthewolf for starters.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Let me tag in @Feedthewolf for starters.

It has taken nearly 5 hours to get half a clue then.

My further enquiry to the Club on floodlighting hasn't done any better. I am guessing they haven't yet told anyone whether any changes have been made since supporters first made enquiries in August yet people are still experiencing problems with many floodlit matches coming up and no reassurances forthcoming.

35 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I've seen City Elite on Twitter, they are the group who travel to away games with the drum, seemingly they put on a couple of mini buses so guessing there must be around 12 - 20 odd or so of them, not sure though.

Seems as though thre meeting was how to improve atmosphere at home games and the club invited various supporters groups to attend.

Thanks for that.

46 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

47 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

In relation to Stu, I don't know. The accounts quote £204k for 105 calendar days for the Executive Director and just short of £3 million for the Senior Management Team for which they wouldn't quote the staff numbers. 

The away members fee would therefore fund perhaps less than a quarter of the Executive Directors Salary. That is a tax I am not paying.

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Its a group of lads who go to away games  together to try to  create more noise. They take a drum and march from the away pub to the ground, a few grounds let them take their drum in but not many.

Their drummer, a lad called Harley was at the meeting yesterday.

Someone should tell them to sit down spoiling the peace and quiet with their partisan stupidity.

Some of us want to sit and watch a football match with our Bovril and sarnies.

Bloody y00t.

11 minutes ago, Diane said:

Its a group of lads who go to away games  together to try to  create more noise. They take a drum and march from the away pub to the ground, a few grounds let them take their drum in but not many.

Are the same city elite with the Delia out sheet?

47 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It has taken nearly 5 hours to get half a clue then.

My further enquiry to the Club on floodlighting hasn't done any better. I am guessing they haven't yet told anyone whether any changes have been made since supporters first made enquiries in August yet people are still experiencing problems with many floodlit matches coming up and no reassurances forthcoming.

Floodlights were brought up again at our OSP meeting last night.  I've been assured it is being looked into, and that people from the club are sitting in different areas of the ground to measure the impact of the lights.

6 minutes ago, Diane said:

Thanks Diane. I now remember reading the EDP article nearly 2 months ago about this service at an away game then the Club appointing a totally different ineffective drummer for a home game then giving some inexplicable reasoning. Good to see that the Club have eventually followed that one up.

Then again I know Wolfie like myself addressed the floodlight issue in August and got a holding response about the Italian company being further consulted. It would be good if that issue could be followed up fully in 2 months. The Club's customer services standards suggest 2 weeks should be the norm for a full response