Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Xmas fixture changes

Luton (a), Boxing Day. Now 7:45pm.

Reading (h). Now Dec 30 (from Dec 29). KO 7:45pm

Watford (h). Now Jan2 (from Jan 1) KO 3pm

Not great for away fans on Boxing Day.

Edited by Pyro Pete

Boxing Day is always an odd one - travel is ropey with very few trains. It does mean we get to experience Luton’s crap ‘floodlights’ in full evening mode again.

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Boxing Day is always an odd one - travel is ropey with very few trains. It does mean we get to experience Luton’s crap ‘floodlights’ in full evening mode again.

Football by candlelight. Romantic.

Who needs Valentines Day ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Least you'll get to  experience the joys of Luton. Like, a fried chicken shop on every corner! Ohhh look gambling shops. There's an airport somewhere. Oh, and don't forget the stadium! "Charming" is the word they use I think..   

c5acdf87623fffd9c8421de22ac01abc.png

That has ruined alot of people's plans, including mine.

Fcuk Sky.

Edited by TheRock

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d forgotten them, they were dreadful. Wasn’t it Luton where the main camera (think it was Sky red button so probably on a budget) appeared to be wedged at the top of a gantry and couldn’t cover the near corners?

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Sat 17 December home to Blackburn also changed, now 5:30 ko. Least they have given plenty of notice

I can almost here the words  "well that gives to time now, to help with the Xmas shopping before you go to the game"

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Sat 17 December home to Blackburn also changed, now 5:30 ko. Least they have given plenty of notice

Now clashes with Strictly final!!

At least i can now have cold turkey, chips, beans and Branston pickle followed by a piece of Christmas cake with cold custard before setting off for Luton in the afternoon on Boxing Day. 😂

10 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Decisions, decisions…..😀

You mean which to put in the Sky planner ?

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Least you'll get to  experience the joys of Luton. Like, a fried chicken shop on every corner! Ohhh look gambling shops. There's an airport somewhere. Oh, and don't forget the stadium! "Charming" is the word they use I think..   

c5acdf87623fffd9c8421de22ac01abc.png

Three things about Luton:

1. They achieved a similar position in the League last season to the one we occupy now on about 10 per cent of our Budget.

2. They have an advanced plan to build a new stadium whereas we are struggling to extend a stand.

3. They have the best Supporters Trust arrangements in the top 2 divisions.

Perhaps they are the next Brentford waiting to overtake us.

52 minutes ago, essex canary said:

3. They have the best Supporters Trust arrangements in the top 2 divisions.

Go on then indulge us.

I remember Luton having advanced plans to build a stadium in the 1980s and 90s and they are still where they were.  The difference is that our ground is up to PL standard already and theirs is barely L2.

Pleased about Boxing Day, I can now go to the Aldershot Panto matinee performance to see Uncle Tom as one of the Ugly Sisters without being scowled at for continuously looking at Twitter updates on my phone.  There will be plenty of time to get home, have a good spread of food, and then watch the match.  Perfect.

As for Blackburn and the clash with the Strictly final...