Sign in to follow this  
Justin time

KENNY IS BACK

as he is back from suspension , he will undoubtedly be back in the team , but in what position will he be this time ? I am personally going for him playing in goal . We have got to see him there as if there ever comes a time when all outfield players are playing well Dean will have to fit him in somewhere .

There are a few selection issues - Todd, Sara and Nunez all played pretty well when they came on, and with Kenny back there’s a few choices to make.  You’d think Dowell and Onel would be two to drop to the bench.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What a deeply stupid and embarassing thread.

It's a new level of cringe-worthy when this sort of stuff gets posted as actual threads. Some of the responses even more painful. Full of retired Dave's in their garden shed's confident they know far more than experienced coaches / managers / players 🙂

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

He'll come in for Hayden I expect.

Yeah Smith seemed to suggest so in the presser- mentioned the three games in short spell being tough on Hayden. Saying that I'm surprised he's leapfrogging Sara who has put in some good performances of late.

What's most embarrassing is the constant sniping at other posters for having the audacity to share their opinions about football... On a football forum. I guess you think this is just a place to celebrate and show our unwavering support for the club, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

I'd be pretty disappointed if Kenny walked back into the starting 11. We've finally found a solid midfield pairing who actually contained the opposition pretty well. Regardless of the lack of attacking endeavour and the vulnerability to crosses against Stoke, the balance in midfield was the best I've seen from Norwich for weeks.

Kenny, for all his hard work, is a defensive liability due to his lack of positional discipline. That's not really his fault he's just not a DMC. Dropping Hayden for tactical reasons would be a mistake but, if he's not fit enough, that's a different matter. 

The only change to the starting 11 should be Cantwell in for Dowell. Sara is a good option from the bench although could come in for Hernandez. Nunez doesn't do enough to warrant a start. 

Hopefully the forum police won't come after me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

There are a few selection issues - Todd, Sara and Nunez all played pretty well when they came on, and with Kenny back there’s a few choices to make.  You’d think Dowell and Onel would be two to drop to the bench.

Dowell will be omitted from the squad at a guess, he was really poor Saturday and smith saw that 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Dowell will be omitted from the squad at a guess, he was really poor Saturday and smith saw that 

Indeed. I do wonder if Hayden might drop, too, as he looked knackered on Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Petriix said:

What's most embarrassing is the constant sniping at other posters for having the audacity to share their opinions about football... On a football forum. I guess you think this is just a place to celebrate and show our unwavering support for the club, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

There's a huge difference between sharing opinions and being critical - to absolutely having to have a scapegoat that you rip into on both football and personal levels at every available moment, refuse to acknowledge any level-headed sense of positive aspects and make outlandish claims that go against every piece of available evidence. That's probably what people have had enough of 🙂

• Like 1

As long as he enters the ground from the skies above, held up by the wings of an angel as the Carrow Road light show causes us to arch backwards in orgasmic fever - I really don't care where he plays.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

No way does McLean waltz straight back into the team. His best performance was at LB and we don't need him there.

He 100% will do. I think it's a near certainty.

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if Kenny walked back into the starting 11. We've finally found a solid midfield pairing who actually contained the opposition pretty well. Regardless of the lack of attacking endeavour and the vulnerability to crosses against Stoke, the balance in midfield was the best I've seen from Norwich for weeks.

Kenny, for all his hard work, is a defensive liability due to his lack of positional discipline. That's not really his fault he's just not a DMC. Dropping Hayden for tactical reasons would be a mistake but, if he's not fit enough, that's a different matter. 

The only change to the starting 11 should be Cantwell in for Dowell. Sara is a good option from the bench although could come in for Hernandez. Nunez doesn't do enough to warrant a start. 

Hopefully the forum police won't come after me. 

The pro and anti Kenny stuff is tedious, but it's well funny too. 😂

I bet Kenny has a chuckle.

Carrow Road is so flat a good old Kenny moan fest would be an improvement. If his name is read out on the team sheet it may even cause a spark of life from some of the biscuit chasers in the Main Stand.

Anyway, I hope he's back, go get 'em Kenny 🙃👍💛💚

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

easy wager, definitely straight back in XI. definitely not on performances

• Like 1

This may not be popular but I think Kenny needs to play Wednesday and going forward.  Not because of any talent but he is a presence in midfeild.  With Hayden they are more physical than our generally small, lightweight midfield options.  Would rather we had other physical alternatives but we don't others can be the creative spark.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

There's a huge difference between sharing opinions and being critical - to absolutely having to have a scapegoat that you rip into on both football and personal levels at every available moment, refuse to acknowledge any level-headed sense of positive aspects and make outlandish claims that go against every piece of available evidence. That's probably what people have had enough of 🙂

If you read the thread you would hazard a guess that it was directed  at smith . Not making a scapegoat of anyone but some people are very quick to have a snipe.🤓

Kennys back - the excitement - the tension. the suspense , the skill , the finger , OH and the back pass- given the ball away, the loss.

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Indeed. I do wonder if Hayden might drop, too, as he looked knackered on Saturday.

It sounds to me as though that was the reason for taking him off. He should have recuperated by tomorrow night 

3 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yeah quite possibly. I think there's more need for Hayden and Gibbs against QPR than Stoke quite honestly. They compliment each other really well, but Hayden looks a bit leggy.

Hayden, Gibbs, McLean = yuck.

McLean, Gibbs, Sara = yeah ok.

Decisions decisions!

Edited by Capt. Pants

1 hour ago, Justin time said:

If you read the thread you would hazard a guess that it was directed  at smith . Not making a scapegoat of anyone but some people are very quick to have a snipe.🤓

I wasn't really referring to you, it's more knowing what some posters are going to do as soon as they see the thread 😇

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I wasn't really referring to you, it's more knowing what some posters are going to do as soon as they see the thread 😇

Point taken👍