Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Farke doing well in the top flight again

9 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Weaker than it was, doesn't make it a pretty weak league as you said in your initial post trying to have a dig a Farke.

Anyway, I think I'll leave it there as zero point responding to someone who's ego is so big, they can never admit when they are wrong.  

Wow.  Just wow. You should look in the mirror occasionally - though perhaps They don’t allow them.

It was not a dig about Farke, more the inane going on about him/his new charges.  I hope he does well, was a decent bloke.

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow.  Just wow. You should look in the mirror occasionally - though perhaps They don’t allow them.

It was not a dig about Farke, more the inane going on about him/his new charges.  I hope he does well, was a decent bloke.

Classy, another dig about mental health, well done you!👍 

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

24 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Classy, another dig about mental health, well done you!👍 

No. Wrong again. How surprising.  I’m suggesting you’re just a grumpy old man.

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No. Wrong again. How surprising.  I’m suggesting you’re just a grumpy old man.

You do realise what you have written before can been seen right?

what are you referring to regarding mirrors? who doesn't allow them and where am I supposed to have escaped from, also mentioned my carer why was that?

But if you think it's funny and helps hide the nonsense you have posted, crack on, shows what sort of person you are.

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

15 hours ago, chicken said:

Woooaahh there...

Can we finally just draw a line under last season then? Only, that's the only way the above is relevant to any other discussion on here? 

Not sure what you are talking about really.

Just saying that nobody in Germany is going to be wheeling out the plaudits for Gladbach being 11th, when they were 10th last season. 

Not sure how you are linking that to Norwich City's situation at all, or why we'd need to.

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s in no way as strong as it has been.  Lots of articles about financial issues, part-linked to the way clubs are owned - but even Bayern can’t attract/keep the best players any more. Articles are there if you look, rather than just assuming that if you don’t know something it’s wrong.  Tbh I couldn’t care less.

Bayern signed Mane

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not sure what you are talking about really.

Just saying that nobody in Germany is going to be wheeling out the plaudits for Gladbach being 11th, when they were 10th last season. 

Not sure how you are linking that to Norwich City's situation at all, or why we'd need to.

I read it the other way. My bad.

10 hours ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

You do realise what you have written before can been seen right?

what are you referring to regarding mirrors? who doesn't allow them and where am I supposed to have escaped from, also mentioned my carer why was that?

But if you think it's funny and helps hide the nonsense you have posted, crack on, shows what sort of person you are.

Interesting that this never received a response or apology. Disappointing 

I guess an interesting measure of the strength of the German league might be to see how many qualify out if the groups stages of the champions league? As it stands I think 4 from Germany? 4 from England, 3 Italy, 1 France, 2 Portugal, 1 Belgium, 1 Spain. etc 
Some still need to play final round of games tbf but this would suggest that the Bundesliga is still relatively strong at present at the top level. This is in a season where Union Berlin are top and performing better than 4 teams currently through to knockouts of ECL. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Nope. I’m not scrambling around for anything at all, merely clarifying.  The Bundesliga is nowhere near as strong a league as it was, ie it’s weaker.  For me, it’s currently miles from the PL.  I don’t care whether it’s supposedly the 3rd in Europe, that’s done on historical data.

‘Nowhere near as strong a league as it was’ When? Last year, the year before, 10 years ago, 20, 30? What are you comparing it to?

On 01/11/2022 at 21:44, SwearyCanary said:

Unfortunately, there is about as much chance of getting an apology out of Mr. Pickle than there is him admitting he was wrong about something......ZERO.

Doesn’t really matter where Farke is now. 

When he was here we finished bottom of the EPL twice. Embarrassingly so on both occasions. 

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

When he was here we finished bottom of the EPL twice. Embarrassingly so on both occasions. 

Once 

On 03/11/2022 at 15:36, duke63 said:

Were we bottom or were we ahead of Newcastle?

Regardless, you don't "finish" anywhere after 11 games.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

Farke was an amazing ncfc manager,let's not forget he was given no money to spend in our first promotion under webber , and in the second was only allowed to buy one of his targets due to Webber preferring quantity over quality.otbc

He's in the pack chasing the leaders, like half the Bundesliga at the moment. Similar to our current position under Smith.

Except Farke's in the chasing pack in the top division. Smith has taken us to the dizzy heights of sixth in the second tier.

4 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

He's in the pack chasing the leaders, like half the Bundesliga at the moment. Similar to our current position under Smith.

Except Farke's in the chasing pack in the top division. Smith has taken us to the dizzy heights of sixth in the second tier.

Yes but, conveniently, now Farke is managing in the Bundesliga it happens to be the worst bundesliga of all time according to many.

Terrible league, all those terrible teams, full of terrible German players.

On 03/11/2022 at 18:57, SwearyCanary said:

Once 

Once, and a dead cert on a second. 

But it all goes to show what a nonsense it is to put everything on the manager as to the reasons for success or failure just because it happens to be the only substantial personnel change you can make during a season outside of transfer windows. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

On 01/11/2022 at 21:44, SwearyCanary said:

Only just seen this - not sure why you feel I’d need to apologise for someone missing what was said  And I’m not camped out on here so often don’t see posts - particularly when vastly edited from what was initially said.  Disappointed.

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Only just seen this - not sure why you feel I’d need to apologise for someone missing what was said  And I’m not camped out on here so often don’t see posts - particularly when vastly edited from what was initially said.  Disappointed.

You make multiple clear references to mental health based mocking. It was pointed out to you and you decided not to respond despite responding elsewhere pretty soon after being replied to. That you’re trying to claim you never noticed is a stretch, that you’re still not apologising is a good indicator of you deciding that you’d rather dig your heels in and claim there’s nothing to apologise for. If you’ve offended or upset someone, intentionally or otherwise and they point that out to you explicitly, you apologise. Whether it was your intention or not. As others have said though, it’s not coming as a huge shock as you don’t tend to engage in a response when there’s a generally clear evidence presented to you that you’re wrong. The flip flopping of ‘the result doesn’t mean everything’ comment on another thread is another example. 

But you got ahead and double down. The rest of us have the measure of you 

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Once, and a dead cert on a second. 

But it all goes to show what a nonsense it is to put everything on the manager as to the reasons for success or failure just because it happens to be the only substantial personnel change you can make during a season outside of transfer windows. 

Well genuinely do hope you’re right in Smith being the man for the task. Todays results have been a good day overall for us compared to how they could’ve gone, which does give him the opportunity capitalise and kick in post WC with the full squad at his disposal. I’ll admit I was wrong if he prove that willingly and I’ll accept your full bragging rights if that’s what happens and we play good football along the way. I’ll even cheer to encourage positivity. Still don’t like Smith though 😉

• Thanks 1

On 01/11/2022 at 11:57, Branston Pickle said:

On a free transfer. 

No he wasn't, and a league that is easily the 3rd strongest in Europe if not the world, and has 25% of the teams in the last 16 of the Champions League, isn't weak.

So all in all, not your best contributions to a thread.