Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Aarons Rumor/news

He’d be back up. Likely back up only for ‘front foot’ games too…though still a lovely move for him. 

I suspect Norwich have had a hand in ‘getting this out there’. To even bring players in they will ‘need to make headroom’. Expect plenty more such PR. 

Where is such further cash coming from for any necessary changes (a Pukki and Cantwell replacement say)?

Aarons (some) say £10m plus long-dated wall trophies, Omobamidele (too early, somewhat undermines model), Nunez? (not yet), Gunn some at a push? Sara? (Not yet), Sargent money back? Tzolis £5m? Rashica a long-dated £8m with caveats? Dowell a few million? Others will just run down the clock..

I am not sure that our jewellery box is that full. 

The ‘pissed up the wall’ window had Klose, Pinto, Naismith, Maddison and Godfrey.

Klose lasted and was worth his money (even equation), Pinto ditto, Naismith (say overall negative £15m), Maddison say plus £18m and Godfrey say plus £20m.

Overall say a broad brush stroke +£20m?

We may wish for a Farke-ish replacement for Smith, though what is there to play with?

Norwich minus Pukki scares me. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Also, we know we can't rely on Byram to remain fit.

So unless there's a recall option for Mumba, it's hard to see this being sanctioned in January. Summer, maybe.

The way he is playing at the moment I'd be ecstatic with £10 million. It's a shame, because he's been such a loyal servant to the club and kept his head down during rumoured links with massive clubs, but he's going backwards fast under Smith.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

So unless there's a recall option for Mumba, it's hard to see this being sanctioned in January. Summer, maybe.

Don't bank on Mumba being a full time replacement.

He is very much a wing back and not the large, muscular full back that Smith prefers.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I agree, summer more likely. We tried to get last minute cover at LB before the window closed, and failed. Far too risky to have Byram our only RB.

There we go called it.

If I was max I would be knocking on the bosses door asking for a transfer.

Again Smith's crap tactics cost us

Here we go again! Every transfer window the same old 'links' (and new ones) magically appear only to lead to the sum of zero. Meanwhile Air  Rons form continues to dip. Clubs have no doubt looked at him and having seen he is slap dash at best with the art of defending, have decided to move on to other targets. I would be amazed if Ten Haag was happy to shell out £10M for a full back who struggles to defend! 

Dont think this will happen , defensively been suspect for a while now , he needs to come out of the firing line a break will do him good !

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Dont think this will happen , defensively been suspect for a while now , he needs to come out of the firing line a break will do him good !

In our defence he looks suspect but you need to consider just how we set up and who helps cover Aarons! We’ve been ****e in defence for years.😂👍

1 minute ago, Indy said:

In our defence he looks suspect but you need to consider just how we set up and who helps cover Aarons! We’ve been ****e in defence for years.😂👍

He gets little or no protection from them in front of him but even so his defending isn't really good enough ,doesn't seem to stop crosses coming in from his side which often leads to goals.😢

In terms of potential Crown jewels, Gibbs looks promising but as Parma says with Omobamidele it's a bit early to cash in. Difficult to know about Rowe and Springett as they've been unlucky with injuries when they would otherwise have got a chance to prove themselves at this level. But they both look as though they have the right mentality to make it. 

• Like 1

How many transfer windows has the been rumour of a move for Max? Only difference is the club are probably pushing this one. He looks a really unhappy player atm who’s stock is falling by the game. Best for both parties if he gets the move, although I don’t think Man Utd will be the destination.

EDP also saying Galatasary interested in making Rashica's move permanent. If we could recoup as much of that £8m, I'd snap their hands off to invest that back into the squad.

With Max's current form I'd be surprised of any takers, but I'm sure we'd hold out for as close to £15m as possible 

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

The way he is playing at the moment I'd be ecstatic with £10 million. It's a shame, because he's been such a loyal servant to the club and kept his head down during rumoured links with massive clubs, but he's going backwards fast under Smith.

For a 22 year old English player with literally hundreds of Championship/Premiership/England U21 appearances?

Okay then.

• Like 1

Aarons has the tools he will be cheap at for 15 million

when played in correct tactics and allowed to raid down the wing in a team that can cover his runs will look completely different player 

he is young and English i would not be surprised if he has a long PL career 

This is a getting tedious is it not? there has probably been a 15 million price tag on max for the last 4 seasons but I would assume no one has ever made a concrete offer.

As we are the ultimate selling club if a concrete offer arrives we sell always have always will.

This sort of talk does Max no favours in my opinion I’m not sure anyone will pay the money given the performances against Watford and Burnley.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

This is a getting tedious is it not? there has probably been a 15 million price tag on max for the last 4 seasons but I would assume no one has ever made a concrete offer.

As we are the ultimate selling club if a concrete offer arrives we sell always have always will.

This sort of talk does Max no favours in my opinion I’m not sure anyone will pay the money given the performances against Watford and Burnley.

Webber put a £30M price tag on him not that long ago. Max needs to move sooner rather than later, we’ve held him back indirectly. 

42 minutes ago, Ian said:

For a 22 year old English player with literally hundreds of Championship/Premiership/England U21 appearances?

Okay then.

Lots of England U21 appearances doesn't always translate into excellent career.

Kieran Dowell has 17, for example.

The reality is that as good as Max Aarons is with his feet, he's sh*t in the air, and we look far less vulnerable from high balls when he's not in the side.

Things like sell on clauses, bonus for a full England cap etc, will no doubt form part of any deal, where we see more come our way if he does thrive and become the next Trippier or something.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

30 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

This is a getting tedious is it not? there has probably been a 15 million price tag on max for the last 4 seasons

The price was £30m once.

Its been falling fast.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

He’d be back up. Likely back up only for ‘front foot’ games too…though still a lovely move for him. 

I suspect Norwich have had a hand in ‘getting this out there’. To even bring players in they will ‘need to make headroom’. Expect plenty more such PR. 

Where is such further cash coming from for any necessary changes (a Pukki and Cantwell replacement say)?

Aarons (some) say £10m plus long-dated wall trophies, Omobamidele (too early, somewhat undermines model), Nunez? (not yet), Gunn some at a push? Sara? (Not yet), Sargent money back? Tzolis £5m? Rashica a long-dated £8m with caveats? Dowell a few million? Others will just run down the clock..

I am not sure that our jewellery box is that full. 

The ‘pissed up the wall’ window had Klose, Pinto, Naismith, Maddison and Godfrey.

Klose lasted and was worth his money (even equation), Pinto ditto, Naismith (say overall negative £15m), Maddison say plus £18m and Godfrey say plus £20m.

Overall say a broad brush stroke +£20m?

We may wish for a Farke-ish replacement for Smith, though what is there to play with?

Norwich minus Pukki scares me. 

Parma 

If they fail to go up this season then it’s clearly “transition period” time where high wages and assets will need to go. Aarons has stuck around too long to the detriment of his own career. This Man U idea could be a really good one for him provided he at least gets a chance there to show what he can do.

The “new” Norwich will be built around the likes of Gibbs, Gunn, Big Andy, McCallum, Sargent, Rowe, Springett and maybe Cantwell if he can be convinced that he’d be central to the rebuild since I don’t think he’s going to get much serious interest from any prem sides.

Norwich minus Pukki doesn’t “scare” me at all, just might be an end to the current yo-yo. Conversely, it might even make me a bit less apathetic and disinterested.

• Like 1