Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Rachica to leave Permanently

I'd be happy to get back what we paid for him given the situation, but hopefully we can negotiate a little profit. 

I wonder how much Villa want for Ramsay 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maltesecanary said:

Money to spend in January 🤔

Don’t be daft, we are £56’000’000 in the red after the last financial reports came out. There won’t be any money to spend and the Welshman will be up a mountain anyway. 

• Like 3

His transfer will be accounted for already and is a sunk cost, so any fee received will be money back in the coffers - to an extent it doesn’t matter whether it is more or less than was laid out.

To be fair, many were really impressed at the time when we signed him, but it didn’t work out and he was pretty average.  It happens…but did happen a bit too often with signings made last season!

• Like 1

A Drmic mark 2 (in terms of success....yes I know Drmic was supposed to be a striker) so a very disappointing acquisition, for whatever reason.

Really, Rashica should have had a much bigger effect than he did. Good runner with the ball at times, but rarely made the right decision, usually putting in a tame shot when better options were on.  We needed much more from him and he didn't have it.

• Like 2

Over rated with a crap attitude.

Moments of greatness hours of inept.

Bit of a microcosm for the Dean Smith era to be fair. ...yes I know farke was the manage when we signed him before someone gets pedantic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Over rated with a crap attitude.

Moments of greatness hours of inept.

Bit of a microcosm for the Dean Smith era to be fair. ...yes I know farke was the manage when we signed him before someone gets pedantic.

The Farke history rewriting is so strong even a player Farke wanted and asked for is now being referred to as something to do with Dean smith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Farke history rewriting is so strong even a player Farke wanted and asked for is now being referred to as something to do with Dean smith

Smith tried to sign milot for villa..... Just saying. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Neither probably got the best out of him. Some players just don’t fit in at clubs look at Zaha for Man Utd. 

probably best for all parties if he moves on permanently to be honest. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Another Webber masterclass

Chelsea dodged a bullet really. When he's had money to spend, Webber's recruitment has been woeful.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Chelsea dodged a bullet really. When he's had money to spend, Webber's recruitment has been woeful.

Webber doesn’t do the analysis of gaps, the scouting or the data crunching, we have teams of many people who do that and the other detailed parts of recruitment. He heads it all up, so does have ultimate responsibility but to listen to posters on here, you’d think he’s a bit like Santa, simultaneously watching players all over the world and choosing them all on his own. While a couple of last years’ flops have either unflopped (Sargent) or it looks like we will emerge fairly unscathed by getting much of our money back (Rashica), it does look like he should be considering some changes in the team. Is it me, or did it all go downhill after Kieran Scott left? Although if that’s true, that would contradict my point about it being a team effort. 🤷‍♂️

I agree it's a team effort but the buck has to stop with the person at the top. If the scouts are not good enough then it's Webber's fault. If the analytical reviews of players aren't up to it it's Webber's fault. The boss in any business gets paid the big money to make sure all the parts beneath are working together just as a football manager gets paid to make sure all the players play as a team 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ha, however it was under Farke that he was this world breaking player. (And actually he had some decent performances)

It was since Smith arrived that he tapered off and became crud.

So yeh, blame Dean Smith. The rot that keeps stinking.

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I did point out that Saturday's lineup did not have any player from last or this years money transfers.

Sargent would have been in there had he not been injured though. Not a great showing given the volume of money, and number of players we signed last season. 1 success, if you can call Sargent that yet.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

I'd be happy to get back what we paid for him given the situation, but hopefully we can negotiate a little profit. 

That's wishful thinking

Galatasaray's biggest transfer fee paid in the last 20 years is £11m and they typically cap out at about £5m-£6m for a player.

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I did point out that Saturday's lineup did not have any player from last or this years money transfers.

You might have pointed it out, but Angus Gunn was in goal and cost us money so you are wrong.

2 minutes ago, Haus said:

Think Rashica could still do a job for us

No thanks. Didn't show anything for us in Premiership, didn't want to fight for us in EFL. He wouldn't add anything to our current formation either. Best to cut ties and start afresh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ said:

I wonder how much Villa want for Ramsay 

About £1.50?

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Angus Gunn as TvB has pointed out - and also we paid a fee for Gibbs (although how much has never been made public). 

6 hours ago, Maltesecanary said:

Money to spend in January 🤔

Don't think you can buy a lot nowadays for 50 pounds with add ons - free bag of popcorn for the entertaining nights at Carrow road

The Turks have a season long loan on him, I would surprised if they didn't continue the 'try before you buy' first. Might be a sale in the summer possibly.

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Webber doesn’t do the analysis of gaps, the scouting or the data crunching, we have teams of many people who do that and the other detailed parts of recruitment. He heads it all up, so does have ultimate responsibility but to listen to posters on here, you’d think he’s a bit like Santa, simultaneously watching players all over the world and choosing them all on his own. While a couple of last years’ flops have either unflopped (Sargent) or it looks like we will emerge fairly unscathed by getting much of our money back (Rashica), it does look like he should be considering some changes in the team. Is it me, or did it all go downhill after Kieran Scott left? Although if that’s true, that would contradict my point about it being a team effort. 🤷‍♂️

Interestingly I don’t think it’s the individual players that are the failure, bar the odd absolute stinker.

I look at our transfers, over the last two summers in particular, and individually they all look decent, collectively though we seem to fail to get what we actually need.

That has to be at least partly down to the overall transfer strategy.