46 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Even if we could afford him and he was willing to come here, Bielsa would clash with Mr Ego.

I can no longer see SW in a real way, he has become confused in my mind as a Swan /Duck mix of Mike Oliver ( the ref) and mr Bean. A kind of hapless egotist that on the surface looks a smooth operator ( Oliver) but below the surface , can't sort his feet out to paddle effectively ( Mr Bean . ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see an American coach come in. Somebody we've never heard of. Whether that's sooner or later, I don't know.

Two words: Ted Lasso. I’d take him here in a heartbeat 😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see an American coach come in. Somebody we've never heard of. Whether that's sooner or later, I don't know.

That Leeds chap is not doing too bad.

They don't have the squad to feel entitled to be doing much better, put it that way.

9 hours ago, chicken said:

He has been incredibly scathing of us as a club, was one of the people that happily criticised this model and the approach when he was here.

What model? 

I thought he left because McNally offered him a 1 year deal and he was a bit put out by that, wanted 2 years.

He left long before Webber turned up.

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What model? 

I thought he left because McNally offered him a 1 year deal and he was a bit put out by that, wanted 2 years.

He left long before Webber turned up.

Yeah, he wasn't at the club when he criticised it... someone on here shared a vid, unless my memory is a bit hazy. I want to say it was in coverage of a game, not necessarily ours. 

There are a couple of pieces I can find in the press, not as harsh as I remembered - perhaps it was on talksport?

https://www.pinkun.com/news/22705734.oneil-worried-citys-premier-league-approach-naive---reveals-regrets-leaving/

He did call Farke's approach in the 2019-20 season potentially "naive" though. I know we have moved on from that, but interesting he could see that even then, despite people on here perhaps looking back at it differently.

Having looked about, his views seem to be mixed. He thinks Alex Neil is one of the best, if not the best manager he has played under.