I’ll put this out there off the back of a win. I think we should appoint Bielsa as our new manager. Whether we win lose or draw we will be entertained and he has a track record of getting promotions. 

What do you think?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Plus his wages would be massive.

Apparently him and his team were getting paid 6 million a year by Leeds , certainly beyond us !

9 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’ll put this out there off the back of a win. I think we should appoint Bielsa as our new manager. Whether we win lose or draw we will be entertained and he has a track record of getting promotions. 

What do you think?

A far too ambitious appointment for us.

Edited by jaberry2

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

A far too ambitious appointment for us.

With potential American owner s coming in maybe they will want to be a bit more expansive with the next appointment?

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Wasnt Bielsa a name touted with us before his Leeds appointment?

Or do I have my FM22 head on this morning?

I suspect it was touted by a poster on here, no more than that

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Wasnt Bielsa a name touted with us before his Leeds appointment?

Or do I have my FM22 head on this morning?

We were linked to him a couple of times over the years, but probably just paper talk...

9 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

What do you think?

He has a track record of getting one promotion as far as I'm aware?

So the same as our current manager.

I doubt he can be arsed with another big project at his age but you never know… suspect he’ll either become a DoF or go live a quiet life back in Argentina 

Its funny we don't begrudge players high wages but think we .can't afford a good coach. Sometimes you have to look at what gets the most benefit. A striker on 50K who misses penalties or a good coach on 100K a week

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sometimes you have to look at what gets the most benefit. A striker on 50K who misses penalties or a good coach on 100K a week

Good point.  There's also no transfer fee for a manager.

I guess the burden is that they're an overhead rather an an asset, and should things go wrong after a year you have to pay the entirety of their contract off to release them.  i.e. 6m x 3/4 years starts to get expensive.

A player you can loan/transfer out.

Edited by Google Bot

16 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Apparently him and his team were getting paid 6 million a year by Leeds , certainly beyond us !

Well, maybe we should stop spending £10 million plus on the likes of Sara.. and put more in the budget for a top class manager?

Would love Bielsa. But not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Still worth a punt.

Being considered for the Bournemouth job... 

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

Get Gary O’Neill in then instead. 

He has been incredibly scathing of us as a club, was one of the people that happily criticised this model and the approach when he was here... I'm not sure he will have endeared himself to the club. I'm far from convinced I'd want such a person here to be honest. 

2 hours ago, chicken said:

He has been incredibly scathing of us as a club, was one of the people that happily criticised this model and the approach when he was here... I'm not sure he will have endeared himself to the club. I'm far from convinced I'd want such a person here to be honest. 

I confess I have missed any anti comments he has made about the club, but he left a full year before the model really took flight, with Webber as sporting director over a head coach.