4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If he comes back fit he won't be our 3rd choice striker for long. If you recall, Smith had absolutely no problem in playing Pukki, Sargent and Idah together last season in the short amount of time that they were all fit at the same time. It coincided with us actually winning some games - Everton at home and Watford away. 

Interesting point- hadn't put that together.

I'm still not convinced with our current midfield that he'll go for that sort set up moving forward but if he does then it's worth keeping him. If not then I think the loan is the best option.

I’ve yet to see this promise that everyone else can in Idah.

How long have we been saying he needs time, next year  , a season in x league?

6 hours ago, king canary said:

Because he needs a run of starts that he won't get here right now.

He's turning 22 in February but has a total of 9 starts in club football. He'd benefit so much more from a run of 15/20 games getting regular minutes than grabbing 10 minutes here and there as our 3rd choice striker.

9 starts! Ouch! I knew it was low but not that low. 

IMO, they should have sent him out on loan 2 or 3 years ago. With us playing one up front and Pukki being the main man, he was never going to get much game time. If we truly believe he's got potential, then he needs a run of games to see if he can push on and really cut the mustard.

OTBC 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

I’ve yet to see this promise that everyone else can in Idah.

How long have we been saying he needs time, next year  , a season in x league?

He has promise because he has the physical tools to succeed at a relatively young age and has shown [some] promise with his finishing.  Not the finished article by any means but that comes with experience - particularly for a young physical forward - which comes through game time. See Carlton Morris, who is doing well this season but who I would argue has a lower ceiling than Idah.

Given the way that we are evidently setting up to play should we make it to the premiership, and give the fact that I would hazard Pukki is unlikely to sign an extension, we would be paying decent money to get anybody in with even those attributes.  If he won't get game time this season which seems unlikely given the system and Pukki and Sargent rightly ahead of him a loan would seem to the obvious solution to getting that experience and seeing what he has with regular football.

12 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

9 starts! Ouch! I knew it was low but not that low. 

IMO, they should have sent him out on loan 2 or 3 years ago. With us playing one up front and Pukki being the main man, he was never going to get much game time. If we truly believe he's got potential, then he needs a run of games to see if he can push on and really cut the 

I can't tell how many of his 13 appearances for Eire are starts from Wiki, but there can't be many players who have had more international starts than club starts can there?

11 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Absolutely no chance Idah going out on loan to a league 1 club. When match fit he will be in our starting 11 guaranteed.

Ahead of who from our current XI?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Absolutely no chance Idah going out on loan to a league 1 club. When match fit he will be in our starting 11 guaranteed.

I'm not so sure about that  there are still many parts of his game he needs to improve on , he's been incredibly unlucky with injuries which is unfortunate, but don't think he'll ever be the answer , I hope I'm proven wrong though.😁

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Dowell for a starters😂

So you'd start him ahead of Cantwell, Sargent, Sara, Nunez and possibly McLean and Sinani?

Interesting.

On 30/10/2022 at 14:50, Monty13 said:

I’d want a recall clause though personally, be just our luck to loan him out then crock our two top scorers.

You can't recall a player outside of a transfer window. A recall clause only works if you loan them out in the summer window with a clause to recall in January.

17 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Dowell for a starters😂

Are we heading towards a 4-2-4 formation, just stick four strikers up top and play long balls all day?