Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Our fans pathetic.

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lots of people are judging by the many empty seats usually occupied by ST holders. 

Tbf that might be down to sky changing the fixtures over Xmas soon 😂

24 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lots of people are judging by the many empty seats usually occupied by ST holders. 

Of course, if those at the ground aren't simply paying customers, then maybe it would be fair to blame fans for not bothering to try and create a good atmosphere for the players who are trying to win games for them. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Empty seats usually occupied by season ticket holders is a fair measure . 

People are over thinking it . I know several ST holders who are missing games . Me included. We haven’t recovered from two dreadful relegations . 

Talk to people in the pubs , in the ground and in the city during the week. A few people on here saying that the majority of fans are wrong doesn’t change anything . I expect some of the big mouths on here don’t even go . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Of course, if those at the ground aren't simply paying customers, then maybe it would be fair to blame fans for not bothering to try and create a good atmosphere for the players who are trying to win games for them. 

Alright Stuart. 

Good luck with the mountain climbing. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The big question is why do season ticket holders who don't go hold season tickets?

Because they don't want to give anyone who might appreciate the seat more the chance to use it by giving it up in case the football gets better in the future. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

Fred darling...

Yes Wilma...

You know you said we will have to give up stuff to pay the leccy...

I'm sorry Wilma but we will have to tighten our belts, it's not my fault.

OK Fred but what about that season ticket for the football that you never use...

I need that Wilma, you know I do, otherwise someone else will be sitting in my seat. Couldn't you give up one of the TV channels you sit and watch?

Duck off Fred.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Fred darling...

Yes Wilma...

You know you said we will have to give up stuff to pay the leccy...

I'm sorry Wilma but we will have to tighten our belts, it's not my fault.

OK Fred but what about that season ticket for the football that you never use...

I need that Wilma, you know I do, otherwise someone else will be sitting in my seat. Couldn't you give up one of the TV channels you sit and watch?

Duck off Fred.

You should write comedy on a professional level Nutty, missed opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You should write comedy on a professional level Nutty, missed opportunity. 

It's not comedy though...

It's not funny because although it's not quite 'Boris setting fire to tenners in front of the homeless', being able to afford to pay for a seat and leave it empty is in that ball park. Why not give it to somebody who otherwise couldn't afford to go?

• Like 2

On 31/10/2022 at 22:27, nutty nigel said:

That's the weird thing about it. I agree that there's so much apathy right now. Not sure about this disconnect being the cause. Most people don't seem to care about anything but the football during games. If you think about the huge disconnect during Chase days it would disappear if the team was winning. I know I keep saying it but it's always all about the football on the pitch.

Maybe the pandemic changed things? Perhaps fans preferred the TV coverage and resent having to go?

What’s the point? If promotion is the prize, then we’ve got multiple, recent, painful memories of the result of that prize. Going up just to get tonked, humiliated and laughed at in the national press week in and week out just isn’t fun and isn’t something to look forward to. If the club want the fanbase to be behind the team and behind the club again they need to explain why and how things would be any different this time around, otherwise why are we bothering? That’s the real source of the apathy, the juice simply isn’t worth the squeeze.

Now if the American came out and said that upon promotion he’d buy out the owners and invest in the team properly and we’d bust an absolute gut to stay up…

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The big question is why do season ticket holders who don't go hold season tickets?

Ill health?  Holidays?  Family commitments?  Disillusionment with the quality of football?  Short notice change of date and time of the match?  Train strikes?   Just a few suggestions to be going on with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

What’s the point? If promotion is the prize, then we’ve got multiple, recent, painful memories of the result of that prize. Going up just to get tonked, humiliated and laughed at in the national press week in and week out just isn’t fun and isn’t something to look forward to. If the club want the fanbase to be behind the team and behind the club again they need to explain why and how things would be any different this time around, otherwise why are we bothering? That’s the real source of the apathy, the juice simply isn’t worth the squeeze.

Now if the American came out and said that upon promotion he’d buy out the owners and invest in the team properly and we’d bust an absolute gut to stay up…

I don't like my gut ' busted'....that's not a good outcome.  I like my gut firm , flat and full, thanks. 

On 30/10/2022 at 12:34, nutty nigel said:

We need Tom dressed up as a postman leading a rendition of Hev Yew Gotta Loight Boiy where we can all join in...

I remember the Singing Postman from my childhood but was disappointed to find out that he wasn't really from Norfolk but Lancashire* and never worked for the GPO in either Norfolk or Suffolk, but Grimsby. Sadly, he ended up penniless and lived in a Salvation Army hostel in Grimsby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Smethurst

He moved here at 11 (is mum was from Stiffkey)

In fairness you make the decision to renew your season well in advance of the following season so it's not a case of cherry picking. The club doesn't help by having this massive lead-in time, but I understand why. 

I also expect people who can afford STs aren't worried about having to choose between heating and eating.

Fans have their own reasons for not attending. Perhaps the club should ask them why?

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If I'm Stuart Webber, you must be Peter Cullum. 

Can we do a job swap. Give Peter a go?! Are you up for it Stu?

Edited by yellow_belly

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Ill health?  Holidays?  Family commitments?  Disillusionment with the quality of football?  Short notice change of date and time of the match?  Train strikes?   Just a few suggestions to be going on with.

Boredom with the club. Prefer my house and it is on the tv.

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How about because the club allow payment for them by installments at 0% so people hardly miss a few quid a month from their bank accounts.Maybe if the club actually stated how many were on a waiting list instead of the conjecture posted on here it would dispense with the fear of not getting it back if you gave it up for whatever reason ?

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The Club Accountant tells us that the only vote we get is with our feet so that is one way to demonstrate albeit that to some extent the Club still gets the money anyway. 

Presumably anyone who wants to get a casual ticket on the day hasn't had trouble this season?

The Club could soon get to a position where they need to go back to working to get backsides on seats. 

52 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Presumably anyone who wants to get a casual ticket on the day hasn't had trouble this season?

That is why the attendances have not reached capacity this season so far even taking into account all season tickets are counted as attending.

10 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That's all fine but why buy tickets to go/not go? All those whines are hardly new? Same thing has been claimed for years now.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

How about because the club allow payment for them by installments at 0% so people hardly miss a few quid a month from their bank accounts.Maybe if the club actually stated how many were on a waiting list instead of the conjecture posted on here it would dispense with the fear of not getting it back if you gave it up for whatever reason ?

I'll bet a lot of people do miss a few quid. But I agree for those for who £25 is a drop in the ocean don't really care. But that's kind of selfish too? If they don't care about the few quid just give the ticket to someone who can't afford to go.

image.jpeg.d581438ae44ba36ad4ff7f7698562ceb.jpeg

...We could always have a mural like Arsenal had at Highbury...Carra would then would look aesthetically full and throw in a bit of rowdy piped crowd noise and it's all sorted...Then we can all stay at home in comfort and all snugly whilst watching the game on the telly box....And spend the 25 quid on a deliveroo takeaway and some tins of ale....

2 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Boredom with the club. Prefer my house and it is on the tv.

So why pay hundreds of pounds a season to prefer your house and watch it on TV? 

I think there's some truth in this. A lot of supporters probably found they enjoyed their house watching on TV during lockdown. But why do that and pay for a season ticket?

What does the partner say about such a waste of the family budget?

Edited by nutty nigel

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So why pay hundreds of pounds a season to prefer your house and watch it on TV? 

I think there's some truth in this. A lot of supporters probably found they enjoyed their house watching on TV during lockdown. But why do that and pay for a season ticket?

What does the partner say about such a waste of the family budget?

Because I had to make a decision on the club many months ago. Since then it is boring on the pitch, the club is aggressive towards any Scrutiny from the press, I can’t stand Webber… and it happens to be on the tv. So I may as watch at home. If it isn’t on the tv, then I will pop along.

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

Because I had to make a decision on the club many months ago. Since then it is boring on the pitch, the club is aggressive towards any Scrutiny from the press, I can’t stand Webber… and it happens to be on the tv. So I may as watch at home. If it isn’t on the tv, then I will pop along.

That's great if you can afford the waste. Why not give your ticket to someone who would like to go?

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not funny because although it's not quite 'Boris setting fire to tenners in front of the homeless', being able to afford to pay for a seat and leave it empty is in that ball park. Why not give it to somebody who otherwise couldn't afford to go?

Fair point . In answer … 

When I can’t go I offer my ticket (illegally I assume) to a variety of norwich based colleagues , friends and family . For the Stoke game I literally ( proper use of the word literally)  couldn’t give the ticket away. I can’t recall that ever happening before . 
Some aren’t rich and would qualify as  “people that couldn't afford to go” . They just don’t want to .

In the past I am regularly  asked “is your ticket going spare”. Not so much this season and not at all recently . 

By the way I WILL be there tonight . And I won’t be burning any tenners. So all will be good in the Upper Barclay. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Fair point . In answer … 

When I can’t go I offer my ticket (illegally I assume) to a variety of norwich based colleagues , friends and family . For the Stoke game I literally ( proper use of the word literally)  couldn’t give the ticket away. I can’t recall that ever happening before . 
Some aren’t rich and would qualify as  “people that couldn't afford to go” . They just don’t want to .

In the past I am regularly  asked “is your ticket going spare”. Not so much this season and not at all recently . 

By the way I WILL be there tonight . And I won’t be burning any tenners. So all will be good in the Upper Barclay. 

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Fair point . In answer … 

Perhaps a local charity could find a home for unwanted tickets.