Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Our fans pathetic.

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Perhaps a local charity could find a home for unwanted tickets.

Yup. Great point . 

Let’s see what else we can do. If you own a car Nutty , and you are not driving it on Sunday , just find a local charity to use it . In fact anything that you have , and you can’t use it , pop it all over to the local charity . Some trousers you aren’t wearing ? Lend them to charity ! 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's great if you can afford the waste. Why not give your ticket to someone who would like to go?

I couldn’t find anyone. 
Nigel, you know as well as me that there are an increasing number of empty seats. Win, draw or lose.

I made the decision this week that I couldn’t be bothered to go.. and would prefer to watch from the warmth of my house. 

The bigger question is, why? Why am I non plussed after watching for 40+ years. 

I guess Covid gave me time to reflect on my relationship with NCFC. During that time the club became arrogant and removed, the team became poor (with no characters, leaders or entertainment), the manager, although not rubbish is just meh, etc etc 

So, on this occasion, I have chosen to watch from home. I have never chosen to before, hence that tells a story that, I for one, am not engaged to the club Or team. 

It would be great to return to a feeing of a ‘community’ club, our club, full of players that engage with the club… (think… Holt, Iwan, Malkay, Bradley Johnson, Fleming, Hucks, Dixie Deehan, Drinkell etc etc Not forgetting the managers… Brown, Stringer, Worthy, Walker, Lambert - the best in recent years - Farke etc)

The reality is that the club need to entertain us, the supporters, if they want to keep us. There is a lot of choice these days!

I am hoping that next season will be a reset. New owners, new direction, new senior staff, players with a connection to the supporters, better support and excitement for the next chapter. The club is Debenhams… let’s hope that we can adapt and become the next interesting thing before we fade away. (Hopefully, the American is not Philip Green!!)

Just my thoughts. So no need to shout me down.

For those going, enjoy a win. I am quite happy to watch this evening with my feet up and the fire on. I will then return for the next game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Fred darling...

Yes Wilma...

You know you said we will have to give up stuff to pay the leccy...

I'm sorry Wilma but we will have to tighten our belts, it's not my fault.

OK Fred but what about that season ticket for the football that you never use...

I need that Wilma, you know I do, otherwise someone else will be sitting in my seat. Couldn't you give up one of the TV channels you sit and watch?

Duck off Fred.

Luckily we are not Fred or Wilma. So we don’t need to have this stupid conversation haha

4 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I couldn’t find anyone. 
Nigel, you know as well as me that there are an increasing number of empty seats. Win, draw or lose.

I made the decision this week that I couldn’t be bothered to go.. and would prefer to watch from the warmth of my house. 

The bigger question is, why? Why am I non plussed after watching for 40+ years. 

I guess Covid gave me time to reflect on my relationship with NCFC. During that time the club became arrogant and removed, the team became poor (with no characters, leaders or entertainment), the manager, although not rubbish is just meh, etc etc 

So, on this occasion, I have chosen to watch from home. I have never chosen to before, hence that tells a story that, I for one, am not engaged to the club Or team. 

It would be great to return to a feeing of a ‘community’ club, our club, full of players that engage with the club… (think… Holt, Iwan, Malkay, Bradley Johnson, Fleming, Hucks, Dixie Deehan, Drinkell etc etc Not forgetting the managers… Brown, Stringer, Worthy, Walker, Lambert - the best in recent years - Farke etc)

The reality is that the club need to entertain us, the supporters, if they want to keep us. There is a lot of choice these days!

I am hoping that next season will be a reset. New owners, new direction, new senior staff, players with a connection to the supporters, better support and excitement for the next chapter. The club is Debenhams… let’s hope that we can adapt and become the next interesting thing before we fade away. (Hopefully, the American is not Philip Green!!)

Just my thoughts. So no need to shout me down.

For those going, enjoy a win. I am quite happy to watch this evening with my feet up and the fire on. I will then return for the next game.

Well let's hope this season is a reset. It's happened like that many times before.

Btw I'm not trying to shout anyone down. Just posting as I see it. Have I been rude to you?

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yup. Great point . 

Let’s see what else we can do. If you own a car Nutty , and you are not driving it on Sunday , just find a local charity to use it . In fact anything that you have , and you can’t use it , pop it all over to the local charity . Some trousers you aren’t wearing ? Lend them to charity ! 

My analogy of setting fire to tenners in front of the homeless is possibly more accurate than your deflection?

8 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes I’m sure you are right Nutty . 

Well, none of us are getting any younger so it's probably prudent to have a spare pair of troosers in case we have a wee accident laddie.

But if the troosers are really not wanted and unused a charity is probably a better option than the bin.

If I had a season ticket I would never not go based on performance. If I couldn't go I wouldn't expect to give it to someone else. Its paid for. What difference does it matter if there is nobody sat in the seat?

I've not seen any mention of the buy back offer on season tickets in this thread. So do people not trust it?

For instance if some people are struggling to make every match because of costs of travel etc. surely any money back from the scheme would bring cash so as not raising cash to attend a future match?

Most people engaging with this thread are, shall we say, past middle aged. Some have already mentioned offering their tickets to their mates, but surely they too are likely to be of a similar age and thus equally burnt by current happenings. One area of weakness in building an atmosphere has been the lack of new blood amongst the supporters at the Carra. Surely utilising the buy back scheme and ensuring that youngsters get an opportunity to attend is a good thing?

Is it just that it's too much trouble to use the scheme? I think I've read that some have tried to use it, but have said even when demand is there, the club does not always have the resource to ensure the tickets are resold - is this right?

Is there also a case the club doesn't market the availability of buyback tickets widely- its only for those in the know?

So is it a case that attendance is generally unappealing to long standing supporters (the reasons being mainly that the club in all its guises is passing fans off), but using the buyback scheme is equally unappealing because the club doesn't seem capable of making the scheme run successfully?

I'm going to be in Norfolk around Xmas, and Easter so expecting for once getting a ticket will be easy, but contrarily wishing this wasn't the case as it would mean everything on and off the pitch at the Carra was rosey!

Edited by shefcanary

27 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've not seen any mention of the buy back offer on season tickets in this thread. So do people not trust it?

For instance if some people are struggling to make every match because of costs of travel etc. surely any money back from the scheme would bring cash so as not raising cash to attend a future match?

Most people engaging with this thread are, shall we say, past middle aged. Some have already mentioned offering their tickets to their mates, but surely they too are likely to be of a similar age and thus equally burnt by current happenings. One area of weakness in building an atmosphere has been the lack of new blood amongst the supporters at the Carra. Surely utilising the buy back scheme and ensuring that youngsters get an opportunity to attend is a good thing?

Is it just that it's too much trouble to use the scheme? I think I've read that some have tried to use it, but have said even when demand is there, the club does not always have the resource to ensure the tickets are resold - is this right?

Is there also a case the club doesn't market the availability of buyback tickets widely- its only for those in the know?

So is it a case that attendance is generally unappealing to long standing supporters (the reasons being mainly that the club in all its guises is passing fans off), but using the buyback scheme is equally unappealing because the club doesn't seem capable of making the scheme run successfully?

I'm going to be in Norfolk around Xmas, and Easter so expecting for once getting a ticket will be easy, but contrarily wishing this wasn't the case as it would mean everything on and off the pitch at the Carra was rosey!

It’s very easy this season. If you book a few weeks in advance a family of ten can sit together. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s very easy this season. If you book a few weeks in advance a family of ten can sit together. 

Fair enough, not a "like" as such but.... what of the buyback scheme?

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Is that the scheme where the club gives you a tenner for your ticket and sells it again for £30? Sounds a good deal to me. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Most people engaging with this thread are, shall we say, past middle aged. Some have already mentioned offering their tickets to their mates, but surely they too are likely to be of a similar age and thus equally burnt by current happenings. One area of weakness in building an atmosphere has been the lack of new blood amongst the supporters at the Carra. 

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:
49 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Most people engaging with this thread are, shall we say, past middle aged. Some have already mentioned offering their tickets to their mates, but surely they too are likely to be of a similar age and thus equally burnt by current happenings. One area of weakness in building an atmosphere has been the lack of new blood amongst the supporters at the Carra. 

Sheff - not sure I’m “past” middle age , but for the record those other folk not interested are a late 20’s son and daughter , and their friends who also get the invite. Son and daughter are massive Norwich fans .  My work colleagues (large-ish Norwich company) are across the board age and gender- wise . In fact the younger guys are even less interested and have more things to do. 

However we dress this up , people are not as keen as they have been. Of course it will change at some point , but what we are discussing is the here and now. 

PS I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t mentioned it😂

• Thanks 1

Tonight I actually watched a fan in the south stand get told off by the man in front of him for chanting because he was partially deaf. It was incredible to witness the row of people he was with get sneery when the guy stood up turned around and loudly apologised for cheering on his team. He took it a bit far to be fair but I can see why he was pissed off by it. The most annoying thing was that it then went deathly silent as people sensed an uncomfortable atmosphere build so the old chap got his wish.

honestly though, if this set of fans have been supporting the club for 60 years it’s still not ok to literally scorn a fan for cheering - nothing offensive either. Not even close. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shefcanary said:

The club doesn't put buy backs on sale until the entire stadium is sold out and even then they only used to be available on match day. Not sure if that's changed but have put mine up for buy back a few times in recent seasons and its never been sold. 

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine the club are overly bothered if paid ticket holders don't turn up, they are getting the money anyway 

• Like 1

To be fair, its not just us that are finding empty seats at matches.

Look at all the TV matches outside the big 6 and there are spaces appearing.

People everyhwere are feeling the pinch of the cost of living.

2 hours ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

The club doesn't put buy backs on sale until the entire stadium is sold out and even then they only used to be available on match day. Not sure if that's changed but have put mine up for buy back a few times in recent seasons and its never been sold. 

Ah, I didn't realise that. So it's the same old reduced view seats only in the Wensum corner then, which never appealed to me!

Disappointing, taking a seat with a proper view would encourage the casual to attend more often, squinting around that floodlight pole whilst good for the abs, isn't my ideal day out!

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Ah, I didn't realise that. So it's the same old reduced view seats only in the Wensum corner then, which never appealed to me!

Disappointing, taking a seat with a proper view would encourage the casual to attend more often, squinting around that floodlight pole whilst good for the abs, isn't my ideal day out!

To be fair I don't think other Clubs operate such a scheme so in principle it is generous. Then again other Clubs don't have such a high percentage of season ticket holders or the highest price in the Division. 

Also whilst I entirely take your point, those season ticket holders with restricted view tickets should also be entitled to buy back opportunities rather than just those in prime seats.