GodlyOtsemobor

Michael Bailey post match

19 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought at the time Michael Bailey was already on it when the pink un broke the story and stole his thunder. 

That could be wrong but I remember something like that.

Nutty, I believe that was the case.

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am told the media are not welcome to attend the forthcoming AGM as they were also not at the recent EGM and don't hold your breath on Webber or Dean Smith being in attendance either.

Yes, I believe that is the case.

To add, what is worrying about this development is that the club seems now to be antagonistic not just towards the EDP because of Attanasiogate and the criticism of Webber but towards the rest of the local media.

Journalists are loath to criticise their local club. Indeed sometimes wary of doing so. But being shut out in this way will build up quiet resentment. The club may not be bothered about that, but if events on and/or off the field go bad then that resentment will come out in force.

Edited by PurpleCanary

9 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

The silence is deafining . SW rightly gets a lot of stick but ZW less so. A lot of influence between them.

I said the other day on a thread that the Webbers control the club entirely and nobody questions whatever they say and do.

Edited by TIL 1010

19 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don’t know whether that is true in every detail, but there is an obvious point. By parading those seven men in the directors’ box any embargo or hoped-for deal the club might have had or wanted to have was instantly rendered in practice obsolete.

It was an action, whether the media team at Carrow Road realised it or not, that created a ‘who are those guys?’ question that the media had to investigate and report on. If the club wanted the deal kept under wraps it should not have allowed them out in plain sight of thousands of fans and the watching journalists. And the EDP in particular would have looked very stupid if it had answered that question,

As said before, Richens was not the right person to comment on the rupture between the club and the EDP. The club’s head of media would be the person to answer questions.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting there was an embargo deal done by the club with the EDP. Only that if there had been then the club parading the seven for all, including all of the other local media, to see would have meant the club had in effect unilaterally scrapped its own embargo.

22 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I think that’s a massive assumption personally.

I trust Bailey. In the video he’s made it clear he believes he’s not done anything wrong. I’ve heard in previous Pods he’s made it clear the relationships with club soured because he wrote things they didn’t like.

The Pinkun antagonised the situation with that headline but again if you listen to their Pod I believe it was apparently after months of being denied an interview to ask legitimate questions.

Until the club lays out their actual complaints, rather than hiding behind vague accusations of betrayal, I’m yet to see what was wrong other than writing and saying things the club didn’t want them to or didn’t like.

I also disagree to the suggestion that there's fault on any side. The journalists took a view that they could and would express themselves how they like; the club took a view that if the journalists were not going to compromise with the club in spite of the privileged access given to the media then it's in the club's interests to withdraw from those communication channels it can't control and focus on the ones it can. It's a business decision that the club is fully-entitled to make. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

21 minutes ago, chicken said:

Did he say that it was DF that wanted 3-4? I thought his article said that was the initial and primary goal going into the transfer window but several of those deals didn't materialise with players turning us down for wages or clubs turning down offers. Billing, Ajer and Armstrong being the three most obvious, but King and Cahill supposedly also turning us down too. 

To be honest I can't remember 100% 🤷🤔 

I thought it said DF wanted key 3 or 4 key signings, could very well be wrong 🤷 

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I also disagree to the suggestion that there's fault on any side. The journalists took a view that they could and would express themselves how they like; the club took a view that if the journalists were not going to compromise with the club in spite of the privileged access given to the media then it's in the club's interests to withdraw from those communication channels it can't control and focus on the ones it can. It's a business decision that the club is fully-entitled to make. 

You seem to be confusing peoples views. I don’t think anyone is disagreeing on what the club is entitled to do, they are saying doing it is detrimental to relationships and supporter perception.

No kid was ever not entitled to take their ball and go home. 

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

To be honest I can't remember 100% 🤷🤔 

I thought it said DF wanted key 3 or 4 key signings, could very well be wrong 🤷 

I believe that was our primary transfer tactic. I also believe Lees-Melou was a player Farke wanted. I suspect that they were hoping for Ajer and Billing to make us more physically competitive down the middle. Neither came off. We went with loans of Normann and Kabak instead and spread the risks over less expensive players hoping, as we have previously, that one of those would be able to step up last season in the same way Leitner/Hernandez/Buendia all cost around the same initial fee and were all signed within 6months of each other I believe).

Just now, chicken said:

I believe that was our primary transfer tactic. I also believe Lees-Melou was a player Farke wanted. I suspect that they were hoping for Ajer and Billing to make us more physically competitive down the middle. Neither came off. We went with loans of Normann and Kabak instead and spread the risks over less expensive players hoping, as we have previously, that one of those would be able to step up last season in the same way Leitner/Hernandez/Buendia all cost around the same initial fee and were all signed within 6months of each other I believe).

I don't usually search, but was bugging me so I went back.... Seems the article did say what I thought about DF but that also the tactics did change mid window, guess we're both correct then 🤣

Screenshot_20221030-143427~2.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am told the media are not welcome to attend the forthcoming AGM as they were also not at the recent EGM and don't hold your breath on Webber or Dean Smith being in attendance either.

Connor Southwell confirmed that in between despatches yesterday, Bailey in his podcast. Perhaps a local journalist should purchase some shares?

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I don't usually search, but was bugging me so I went back.... Seems the article did say what I thought about DF but that also the tactics did change mid window, guess we're both correct then 🤣

Screenshot_20221030-143427~2.png

I'd honestly forgotten about the brutal training regime bit... Makes you wonder though doesn't it? Zimmermann has left and played pretty much every game I believe. Byram, it at least feels like, has played more games in the last year than the two previous. I know he's had injuries but some have been reaction to re-joining training etc. It does make you wonder. 

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Connor Southwell confirmed that in between despatches yesterday, Bailey in his podcast. Perhaps a local journalist should purchase some shares?

Or, you know, they could interview other share holders?

Just now, chicken said:

I'd honestly forgotten about the brutal training regime bit... Makes you wonder though doesn't it? Zimmermann has left and played pretty much every game I believe. Byram, it at least feels like, has played more games in the last year than the two previous. I know he's had injuries but some have been reaction to re-joining training etc. It does make you wonder. 

Absolutely, It'd be interesting to see what Mönchengladbachs injury record is like over the season. 

52 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

You seem to be confusing peoples views. I don’t think anyone is disagreeing on what the club is entitled to do, they are saying doing it is detrimental to relationships and supporter perception.

No kid was ever not entitled to take their ball and go home. 

I think not engaging is doing less damage than the sort of lines that the journalists were starting to favour. 

And if you take your ball away and go home, you definitely won't lose the game. 

Edit: I'm going to backtrack somewhat having listened to Paddy. I do agree that, if the club doesn't go some way to start looking for reconciliation with the local media, then it will ultimately do damage to the club in the long run in that it will have damaged an independent voice that has more credibility regarding objectivity than the club's own channels.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

I missed that but remember there is no disconnect with the fans just the local media so it looks like they will be reporting on the night from across the road opposite the Gunn Club entrance shef.

On 29/10/2022 at 18:56, PeteRaven said:

That’s an interesting theory. 

Is that a confirmation Mr Raven?

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

ECN then Archant had lots of shares but I understand these have now been sold.

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, I believe that is the case.

To add, what is worrying about this development is that the club seems now to be antagonistic not just towards the EDP because of Attanasiogate and the criticism of Webber but towards the rest of the local media.

Journalists are loath to criticise their local club. Indeed sometimes wary of doing so. But being shut out in this way will build up quiet resentment. The club may not be bothered about that, but if events on and/or off the field go bad then that resentment will come out in force.

You just can’t imagine Delia being happy with this stand off, can you? Which, worryingly, proves the point about Webbers dictatorship. 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

ECN then Archant had lots of shares but I understand these have now been sold.

Yes, to the Supporters Trust?

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Yes, to the Supporters Trust?

I think so.

I could never understand why ECN/Archant didn't plant a shareholder to ask the questions they wouldn't ask officially.

Maybe they did. Perhaps the lady who told Chase he was all fur coat and no knickers was actually from ECN and the guy who 'Roeder missed his tenure as England manager' was from Archant. 🙃

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You just can’t imagine Delia being happy with this stand off, can you? Which, worryingly, proves the point about Webbers dictatorship. 

I don't know how much Delia is in the loop on the specifics of what is going on. It may be she has been fed the line - which as far as I know is quite false - that Attanasiogate was the fault of the EDP. Unless I have been misinformed the EDP acted entirely properly and the club then tried to shift the blame for the result of its own maladroitness. She may not also be aware of this spreading of the restrictions to other local media.

I also don't know how much this action is driven or influenced by Daniel Houlker, the club's head of media. As to Webber, he is now a common target, with Ward being often added in. I don't actually see Webber or Webber+Ward as being more powerful than was McNally in his prime, or indeed McNally+Bowkett.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2022 at 22:04, PeteRaven said:

Quite the opposite. 

Strange, it was directly confirmed by Paddy on the latest podcast. Maybe you weren’t in the office that day. 

On 30/10/2022 at 00:06, SwearyCanary said:

The supporters that actually tune into these kind of videos aren’t the stereotypical drinking fan who are satisfied with a pat on the head

That's a strange comment, so you think people who drink alcohol are thick? 

Not really sure what group of fans you are referring to here. 

On 30/10/2022 at 09:21, Jim Smith said:

There has not been a breach of trust. 

There must be leaks from within the club, MB and Archant are getting scoops without the access. E.g. the Farke only wanting 4 players thing, finding out that Krul was on £70k a week.

Only, that's an internal breach and the club seems to blaming the media because they don't know who is feeding the info to the journos.

On 30/10/2022 at 14:41, chicken said:

Timm Klose doesn't spend much time injured now either!

45 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Strange, it was directly confirmed by Paddy on the latest podcast. Maybe you weren’t in the office that day. 

No, he didn't. Not really.

Michael Bailey confirmed in his latest podcast that the club didn't like some of the stuff he's written in the Athletic about the club. I sense with MB an increased anger towards things in general lately. Paddy confirmed that he offered an olive branch 3 times to the club for resolve which they ignored, confirming instead that the club are pushing their own marketing channels to get the message out. Effectively saying that they are now bypassing local media, which is kinda backed up when the Finance Director started talking about their media channels in his much loved Insights interview. Webber hasn't taken kindly to some of the journalism of late, the buyout was the final straw when the Pinkun was directly asked to delay or adjust their news article... which of course a journalist is not going to do, unless you work for the Vatican. 

Webber = Dictator. Trying to control the narrative in the media.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1