Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Cantwell

Looks like a vastly different player from the mysterious social media poster and ghoster we had from him a year ago. Full credit to him, shows what happens when you stick your head down and just get on with it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Was like looking back in time. 

Looks stronger to me. Maybe he's looked at Sargent's turnaround and done some heavy lifting in the gym. 

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Fair play, I don’t rate him. But he played well. Good decision by Smith to use him from the bench?

Agree. I don't think he's as good as some people think he is but that's just a personal opinion, but fair play to him today. 

I hope he gets more than credit... Club needs to lock him in a room until he signs a new contract. 

• Like 3

I thought he was excellent. At his best he can magnetise the ball, create chances, strike for goal off either foot. 

A buzzing Cantwell is a better player than we could afford to buy. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I thought he was excellent. At his best he can magnetise the ball, create chances, stroke for goal off either foot. 

Parma 

Don’t see it.. flatters to deceive and too often carried. It’s why he’s still a Norwich player. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

this is the point. As I wrote elsewhere, it's a very good test of Smith as a coach, because he's a PL player at his best. 

Someone wrote this week that Farke made this club so much money by coaching young/forgotten players into players that we could flog for millions, and that that conveyor belt seemed to have seized up. Smith could do with getting it going again.

7 minutes ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

He work rate was very high and always brings a technical improvement to the team. How dowell gets in the team ahead of him is beyond me.

Ask Deano please

Just now, Deptford Yellow said:

Good show by Cantwell today - less so by Dowell … in fact I think that right hand side is a missing part of the jigsaw puzzle (and no it’s not Sargent)

Sargent now also becomes a bit of a conundrum too. He is our top-scorer, and yet, as much as I rate him and he has performed this year, he wouldn't have done what Pukki did today.

I know some folks have suggested playing Pukki in the middle of the three with Sargent ahead of him, almost in a reverse of the Pukki/Stiepermann combo. 

• Like 1

Dean has done well to get Todd back on side and playing well.

Kind of further begs the question why he didn't start ahead of Dowell.

I came back for the last half hour. Cantwell of old, skill and energy which galvanised the team. Samuel Seaman was impressed, gave a Todd a 6 in the ratings!! 

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Sargent now also becomes a bit of a conundrum

Yeah, I think DS has to bite the bullet on Sarge and make a decision. He and Pukki both need to play in the middle. Whether that's as a front two, or with Pukki as a 10 as you suggest, or with one starting and the other on the bench. Sargent on the right is doing no one any favours.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Hope he gets the credit he deserves. Energy, fight and great passing. Totally changed the game. 

He was superb when he came on, hope its not just a flash in the pan.

Apart from his skill, of which he has in abundance, I always like the way that Todd covers the ground. He sees every blade of grass on the pitch and we haven't seen that from many other players (Sargent?).

It hasn't often run for him the last few games, but the effort was there - today I felt he showed great effort and great application. Like others said, he changed the game, and has to start against QPR on Wednesday. 

Well done Todd. 

• Like 1

Looked every inch the player he should have been when Emi left. Dictating play and some excellent link up for our third. Should be starting every week

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Looks stronger to me. Maybe he's looked at Sargent's turnaround and done some heavy lifting in the gym. 

Thats definitely what helped that reverse pass to Nunez.

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Thats definitely what helped that reverse pass to Nunez.

Helped him win a ball he had no right to, to spark the second goal. 

I think a massive part of Todd's performance today (and why people are saying things like 'welcome back') is that he was in his natural position in his most familiar formation. When he's playing wide in a 4-3-3 he doesn't have the same movement around him to find those exquisite passes. 

He'll be playing in the Premier League next season, but not for us unless something dramatically changes. 

I noticed this, has bulked up a bit.

Was much needed and the way forward.

Unfortunately he's polishing himself up nicely for his big bosman move isn't he ha

Hope he gets the credit he deserves. Energy, fight and great passing. Totally changed the game. 

MOM for us even though it was only 20 mins. He was strong, won a ball back through sheer determination which lifted the crowd and the team and from then he was the best player on the pitch by a margin. He can be a huge player for us if he replicates that for the rest of the season. Must start Wednesday.

• Like 4

I'm really not sure why he isn't getting more minutes on the pitch and Smith isn't building a team around him like he did with Grealish. Even more surprising is starting Dowell instead.