chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Stoke(h/L) *****

I actually predicted 3-1...

We need the performance of this 25-30mins in the 2nd half more consistently more often. Far, far, far better.

Good, will take those 3 points gladly! HOPEFULLY this is the start of a turn around.  

Going to take ALOT more for Dean though. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus wept I can hear the champagne love in now.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Well I dunt know why all the moonin' Rob. People need to get behind the team dunt they. I've been going fur 57 years and clap them off win or lose.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, chicken said:

We need the performance of this 25-30mins in the 2nd half more consistently more often. Far, far, far better.

That's the problem

We have had moments of class under Smith but they last for 30 mins then we have to watch utter dros.

Only game we looked good was Huddersfield.

I would have no problems if we could play for 90 minutes like we do for the short bursts.

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Well I dunt know why all the moonin' Rob. People need to get behind the team dunt they. I've been going fur 57 years and clap them off win or lose.

Yup them and the sad sacks who phone up to talk to laps about xG.

2 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're supposed to boo them when we are winning- Little Keith

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Didn't want to take my eyes off the last 15 minutes. What a turn round. Instead of boring midfield we are now exciting attacking likely to score every attack. Todd has been absolutely magic since his introduction.

This is what we want Deano. No fear. We have the talent. FFS release it.

Haven't watched today, but there is an argument for being very boring in the first hour, playing two DMs in front of the defence, then bring on the flair players in the last 30 to win the game...

• Like 1

Well that last 20 minutes was exciting. Made my weekend. Now Deano, you can see what makes us happy and what makes us win.

Remember that for Wednesday night and don't bottle it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

That's the problem

We have had moments of class under Smith but they last for 30 mins then we have to watch utter dros.

Only game we looked good was Huddersfield.

I would have no problems if we could play for 90 minutes like we do for the short bursts.

That's.... not what people have been saying though. 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're supposed to boo them when we are winning- Little Keith

Cant keep a clean sheet - BOOOOOOO - Smith out

• Haha 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Haven't watched today, but there is an argument for being very boring in the first hour, playing two DMs in front of the defence, then bring on the flair players in the last 30 to win the game...

No. There is an argument for playing your best players in their best positions. We looked top class when it changed. And it was a Todd tackle that changed the whole game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

No. There is an argument for playing your best players in their best positions. We looked top class when it changed. And it was a Todd tackle that changed the whole game.

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious. And I was very surprised to see Todd on the bench after what I thought was a very good performance against Burnley. He could be such an asset if Smith can get him firing.

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

So did I, could have got good odds at bookies but didn't want to lose money. 6 yellow cards though. Wow

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ipswich chucked away a 2 goal lead 🤣

They did it twice 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

To quote Tayor Swift, which is not something I say very often, or in fact ever before now, "just because you made a good plan, doesn’t mean that’s what’s gonna happen." If we conceed a goal after 5 minutes, what do we do then? If we score 3 before half time do we still bring the flair players on? As someone else said "life is what happens when you're making plans".

Well after all said and done we looked more secure in midfield (Nunez is a flair player but I was pleased to see him on the bench as he has struggled of late to exert control). Sara is slowly beginning to look the part. Todd has that flair. Ramsey nearer to Pukki and a potential second striker?

3 points and in the mix again. Not a pretty watch but......a happy weekend.

Edited by sonyc

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious. And I was very surprised to see Todd on the bench after what I thought was a very good performance against Burnley. He could be such an asset if Smith can get him firing.

Too late, he's a super sub now... stolen the crown from Onel... who has been given a contract for the next decade's worth of IT franchise sequels and prequels as Pennywise... 

Didn't I read somewhere that a relative of Connor Southwell's, who died in the week, always put money on a 3-1 City win? Hope the family did in his honour.

• Like 2