chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Stoke(h/L) *****

It's a shame we didn't buy a young homegrown talent like Ramsay instead of taking a wild punt on Mr. Chubby from Greece really isn't it. 

If we heading towards another period of austerity, it would be nice to just play Gibbs and McCallum for the rest of the season, we well as Ramsay if he were actually our player. 

These three are all very raw and make mistakes but at least play with some intent to attack. 

Hopefully Rowe can come come in at some point for blooding as well. Promotion a write off with this squad so time to prepare our Championship side for after the summer fire sale.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Booing when you're winning? You are an odd one small Kennith

I genuinely was surprised there wasn’t any booing. That was as poor as I’ve seen us in a long long time. One decent moment shouldn’t really sweep the 45 minutes of utter cluelessness under the carpet.

Smith is finished IMO. If we scrape a win here it will only delay the inevitable. It might be better for our season if we lose this game…

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its amazing that we are winning yet the majority still feel something isn't making us happy.

We should be dominating the game against teams of this calibre but it feels like we are struggling to stay with them.

Absolutely dire. I’m not sure winning like this is the best result. Although there’s a fair chance it will all change in the second half if we continue to play like this.

McCallum has been good! Especially liked that one bursting run through the midfield! Although he lacked the end product after that. 

So at least there is something to feel happy about

Bland, Uninspiring, messy. Pukki keeps looking back and shouting / pointing at the midfield. He's not happy is he. 1-0 up and it feels like 0-0. That goal masks the truth. Might get a second off a backside... meh. Smith still needs to go. We needed to show our quality here and smash this average team but it's yet another poor showing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its amazing that we are winning yet the majority still feel something isn't making us happy.

It's obvious that despite the score, the football on show is awful, still can't see what the tactical aim is. 

It's a cliché but a win really will just be papering cracks. 

• Like 1

Despite being ahead we look absolutely devoid of confidence, teamwork and ideas. I hope that goal is the catalyst for something, but that was not a good half of football against a below average opposition from what I’ve seen this year.

Edit: Just saw some stats, 42.7% possession! And 66% pass accuracy.

Good job it’s Halloween because that’s gruesome.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Bland, Uninspiring, messy. Pukki keeps looking back and shouting / pointing at the midfield. He's not happy is he. 1-0 up and it feels like 0-0. That goal masks the truth. Might get a second off a backside... meh. Smith still needs to go. We needed to show our quality here and smash this average team but it's yet another poor showing.

Never before in his career have I seen Pukki being as annoyed at his fellow players as he has been in the last 5 games or so. Hard to say if its a sign of him exercising leadership or him being fed up with good old Norwich.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Loans do not count. You know what I mean. Our big marquee signings are either abroad or on the bench. It makes you wonder about the recruitment. And if that is OK, then its how they are expected to play.

I've said that before and largely been shot down. When you look at the squad, how many have been first choice in previous seasons... or even here? 

Look at that starting line up, how many were "here" last season, as in, at the club - not bought in over the summer or loaned out last summer.

It feels like transition to me.

Hard to boo when you're winning but we don't look like a team capable of promotion right now

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Farke was sacked after a win. 🙏

Still time to throw it away, we have done it multiple times this season.

Ideally we win badly and Smith gets fired anyway 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Never before in his career have I seen Pukki being as annoyed at his fellow players as he has been in the last 5 games or so. Hard to say if its a sign of him exercising leadership or him being fed up with good old Norwich.

Saw him really berating a ref's assistant during the Burnley game. Very unlike him. He doesn't seem a happy bunny at all. I mean, I'd be missing Emi too. Hell, I am missing Emi. But it doesn't speak of a happy camp.

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

This thread is starting to give off "Beating West Ham could relegate us" vibes 

One for the oldies there.

When are we likely to play them again?

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

When are we likely to play them again?

Might draw their academy squad in the Paint Pot or whatever it is next season

Playing a ball 2M in front of Dowell is pointless as he will never reach it 😳

oh and he’s off for Sara 

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

This thread is starting to give off "Beating West Ham could relegate us" vibes 

One for the oldies there.

I nearly referenced it as well! I know it was a big **** take at the time but it does feel like we’re in that kind of place right now. Is a win here going to be a turning point though? I’m struggling to see any evidence of it, we’re just regressing and regressing the longer the season plays out. Best pull the trigger now, even if we win. 

Sad to see Dowell cheered / jeered off just now - even though he has been absolutely god awful. 

• Like 1

The Fans at the ground sounds they are up for it - full of cheers and clapping ????  listening to Radio Norfolk

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

The Fans at the ground sounds they are up for it - full of cheers and clapping ????  listening to Radio Norfolk

That is when a pass goes to feet. Our feet that is.