chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Stoke(h/L) *****

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Glad there’s 5 in midfield. Ramsey and Dowell very capable of feeding Pukki. Would’ve liked to have seen Nunez still. 

Hayden and Gibbs should be solid together. I don’t think it’s a bad lineup tbh.

I don't think it's too bad either. The problem of how to put Pukki and Sargent in the same team has disappeared because of Sargent's injury.

The problem is that even if Smith lucks out with this line-up forced upon him by necessity, he'll go back to his old formation next time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

A nice drop of Glenfiddich with one ice-cube could do 😋

Could Glen fiddich do a job on the wing?

• Haha 1

Would love to know the specific logic for each of the 6 changes. Cantwell has been playing well and one of the only players who looks really up for the fight- dropped. Hernandez came on in both our last games and did what to warrant a place exactly (and all his best performances have came from the bench anyway)? Similarly Dowell has had various chances from the bench and has offered next to nothing - why is that going to be different now he’s been injured and came back? Ramsey’s form was good for a couple of games 10 games ago but he has been pony since. How these 3 players all get in ahead of Cantwell I do not understand.

it just feels like a total mish mash of changes for no real reason, it almost feels like a surrender from Smith - does he have the slightest clue what his best first-11 is right now?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Glad there’s 5 in midfield. Ramsey and Dowell very capable of feeding Pukki. Would’ve liked to have seen Nunez still. 

No, neither do I. But I doubt we will score many.

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Would love to know the specific logic for each of the 6 changes. Cantwell has been playing well and one of the only players who looks really up for the fight- dropped. Hernandez came on in both our last games and did what to warrant a place exactly (and all his best performances have came from the bench anyway)? Similarly Dowell has had various chances from the bench and has offered next to nothing - why is that going to be different now he’s been injured and came back? Ramsey’s form was good for a couple of games 10 games ago but he has been pony since. How these 3 players all get in ahead of Cantwell I do not understand.

it just feels like a total mish mash of changes for no real reason, it almost feels like a surrender from Smith - does he have the slightest clue what his best first-11 is right now?

The 'slightest clue' ... full stop. What did we do wrong to end up with this fool?

One change will definitely occur for the next game as King Kenny completes his 3 game ban today and is already on the team sheet for Wednesday 🤣🤣

This does look like the last throw of the dice. Although Max hasn't been brilliant, he i better than Sam. JT looked composed against one of the top teams and Todd looked the most likely on midfield.

So if we are going five in midfield, why not give the incumbents a try at that formation?

I hope we smash them this afternoon but this lineup isn't making me warm to Deano at all.

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

One change will definitely occur for the next game as King Kenny completes his 3 game ban today and is already on the team sheet for Wednesday 🤣🤣

It does mean one of Sara or nunez will be jettisoned completely

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The 'slightest clue' ... full stop. What did we do wrong to end up with this fool?

In one word, Webber. He saw things were going badly wrong last season and asked himself, 'How do I protect myself?'. Answer: blame Farke. We've seen exactly the same thing this week. 'Things are going wrong. How do I protect myself? I know, I'll send out some poor financial bean counter to answer the questions I should be answering'.

Webber is a cheap, self-serving, opportunistic wannabe whose first interest, and his second and third interest, is always himself and his own pathetic ego. FFS, Delia, dump him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I bet Dean Smiths advent calendar has kenny behind all 25 doors.😁

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Hasn’t scored in 15, even more of a danger.

We might as well earn some cash here and lump on anytime scorer. 

Don't think that's the worst line up. Can see the logic of resting Max. Would have had Sara for Ramsey and Cantwell for Onel, but think the formation looks ok.

8 minutes ago, Justin time said:

That's inspired 😂🤣😂

I really do not get what Smith is up to.  We chop and change so much.  Really looks like he does not know his best 11, or best formation.  I hope he has spun the wheel and found a lucky combination.

11 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Its a Cracker !!

Just now, Newtopia said:

I really do not get what Smith is up to.  We chop and change so much.  Really looks like he does not know his best 11, or best formation.  I hope he has spun the wheel and found a lucky combination.

Even if he has, he won't take advantage of it.

7 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Don't think that's the worst line up. Can see the logic of resting Max. Would have had Sara for Ramsey and Cantwell for Onel, but think the formation looks ok.

It is a bit random, considering how we have set up for previous games.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We've gone back to 4-2-3-1; I'm not going to complain. 👍

Norwich really need a performance today.

COYY!

OTBC

The Hayden and Gibbs pivot will be interesting. I'm not convinced by Dowell at all but in a central role he might thrive- the midfield is at least set up for Pukki with no Sargent to be crowbarred in.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just noticed that 40 year old Phil Jagielka starting against us for Stoke.. Could have sworn he retired about a decade ago!

Perhaps there is still a chance I could make it.  

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

The Hayden and Gibbs pivot will be interesting. I'm not convinced by Dowell at all but in a central role he might thrive- the midfield is at least set up for Pukki with no Sargent to be crowbarred in.

That is the most exciting aspect, but I thought he wanted to play 4 3 3 - I am just confused.