Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Come on!!!

I’m on my way to Norwich and feeling optimistic. I’ve had a good moan on here these last two weeks, but today I’m going to get behind the team, cheer and try to be encouraging. 

Smith’s press conference talked about the negative impact on the players at half time from crowd reactions (reference to Luton). So even if it’s a bad first half, I’ll try to lift the team.

Maybe our season restarts today. I hope you’ll all join me in backing the team.

Come on!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I’m on my way to Norwich and feeling optimistic. I’ve had a good moan on here these last two weeks, but today I’m going to get behind the team, cheer and try to be encouraging. 

Smith’s press conference talked about the negative impact on the players at half time from crowd reactions (reference to Luton). So even if it’s a bad first half, I’ll try to lift the team.

Come on!!

I’m with you all the way and am just having a cappuccino from my NCFC mug. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Come on!!

I'm with you mate.

Absolutely up for this. 

I cannot wait, bring it on.

• Like 2

We have just left M6 and at Maccys on A14. Hoping for a win today and Wednesday night. Few Stoke supporters in there by the looks of it.

53 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m with you all the way and am just having a cappuccino from my NCFC mug. 

I see your cappuccino and raise you a half drunk latte.

20221029_093554.jpg

10 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Broke my mug getting it out of the dishwasher........this is the omen I didn't need.......

Mine was a gift from my daughter, one of the new brand ones.

I had high hopes for it, felt like a new era of mug to me after being disappointed by last season's effort.

But as you can see there are already signs of wear, chips and it just looks... tired, already. It hasn't lived up to expections.

It's done something of a job, but not what I was expecting considering its apparent quality at the start of the season.

I still believe that it can turn a corner and be the mug I know it can be. But as they say, it's the hope that gets you.

Maybe it needs some TLC, maybe with just a little work it can live up to expectations, but all I can do is give it my support.

But I'm just left with the overriding feeling that it will never hold a candle to previous mugs. The one I had about 4 years ago for instance was superb, thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Sorry. What was I talking about?

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Come on!!

Booooo!!!! 😂

5 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Booooo!!!! 😂

EXACTLY!!!

Jedi, love your sentiment buddy, but unfortunately people's faith in a badly managed team has got to be wearing thin.

Believe me, there isn't one fan or poster on here who doesn't want our team to do well consistently or at least put in a performance that warrants accolade even if its not a positive result. Unfortunately if Smith was half the manager he thinks he is, we wouldn't be booing at all! He would have this team purring like a 5.0 AMG and that wouldn't take much surely.

If we could see what he is trying to achieve or plan then yeah a lot more would buy into him, if he had a sense of empathy or connect with the fans then yeah I'd buy into him. If he came across a bit of a maverick, a Mourinho type with flair and arrogance and revving the crowd up, yep once again I'd love it....however he does none of these things and we are left all a little bit disenfranchised. So if we are left a bit meh, surely the players don't stand a chance of reaching maximum potential working under him.

In saying that I will be there today and will be giving the support our performance deserves! Let's hope he's taken a personality enhancer and we can get on with winning this league.

OTBC

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

We have just left M6 and at Maccys on A14. Hoping for a win today and Wednesday night. Few Stoke supporters in there by the looks of it.

They’d sold 1,100 tickets 24 hours ago. 

2 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Come on!!

Rather we get spanked then we can fire Smith.

Winning today just prolongs it. Unless they do a farke to him.

Actually that would be best, win today and fire him anyway.

Good and bad news. 

Good - we won! And it was a better attacking performance (better, still huge room for improvement). There was even an atmosphere at one point in the 2nd half, so well done for singing up! 😀

Bad - we beat a poor Stoke side that couldn’t take some very good chances. We look very suspect in defence, both full backs were skinned at times. Atmosphere quite poor first half, apart from the goal it was fairly forgettable first 45 mins.